Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cillian Sheridan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 42>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

He only has 3 caps for Eire.
The biggest tragedy since Rose wouldn't move over on that piece of Flotsam to let Jack on.

What's your point?

What has the amount of caps got to do with anything?

Surely he deserves a call up given our lack of options up front.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

He only has 3 caps for Eire.
The biggest tragedy since Rose wouldn't move over on that piece of Flotsam to let Jack on.

What's your point?

What has the amount of caps got to do with anything?

Surely he deserves a call up given our lack of options up front.

Ah muff

Friday after work pints are clouding my usual daft posts but I don't get the ridicule. I'm sure it's something obvious anyway
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 2:29am
Sheridan scored two and set up one, which isn't a bad nights work
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tp37olRMgvU
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 2:33am
Whatever about the goalkeeping, the first one is a fantastic finish. An excellent penalty too.
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 2:43am
Coont has scored every game?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 4:53am
If we want lads from the loi to be in the squad, play in friendlies this lad is well ahead of the loi. I have a st for a German second division side an we've raided the polish league and teams around us do it and the quality is seriously high. Its like the championship hoovering up the loi talent. The polish league is good Warsaw the last few years concentrated on Europe then came along and won the league without trying but Sheridan has changed the dynamic of the league. His team can win because of him and only because of hin
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 4:54am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Whatever about the goalkeeping, the first one is a fantastic finish. An excellent penalty too.
the only game he didn't score was his first
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 6:17am
4 goals in 5 games  and  one assist yesterday...    
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 7:24am
He got an assist his first game and his second. His club is top of the league. How can you play Iceland with loads of new caps (deservedly) and not give him a chance and then put Doyle up front? I love Doyle but it was stupidity. Sheridan or seani
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 8:10am
Could've done with his height v Iceland, if nothing else. Their 6 foot 4 defenders had a handy night of heading crosses clear with nobody near their height to challenge properly.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 8:23am
Its a bit strange. Is it something with his character?
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 8:48am
I thought he might have been at Celtic the same time as MON and pissed him off there but they missed each other by a year.
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 9:03am
As I've said before he has improved a lot over the years . He was very good in champions league against Barca his hold up and link up play was excellent against the world's best . Should be there for his height alone which would be a good plan b for us .
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I thought he might have been at Celtic the same time as MON and pissed him off there but they missed each other by a year.

Alternative Irish team : (players who've pissed MON off?)  

Keiren Westwood
Anthony Pilkington     Damien Delaney   Greg Cunningham

Harry (no show) Arter

Darron Gibson   Stephen Ireland   Jack Grealish

Anthony Stokes

Scotty (undecided) Hogan   Cillian SHERIDAN
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 11:36am
Used too Work with a nurse from cavan that is friendly with him...said the problem with cillian is that he just doesn't really care that much. Too fond of the pints and the craic, can't blame him I suppose to him its just a job.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Used too Work with a nurse from cavan that is friendly with him...said the problem with cillian is that he just doesn't really care that much. Too fond of the pints and the craic, can't blame him I suppose to him its just a job.

I'd say this wouldn't go down well with Keane or O'Neill. I'd say both would consider his career path to be a bit of a cop out. That said, there's no doubt that he's been applying himself more in the last couple of years, and his record has constantly improved
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 12:41pm

Throw up a pic of this Nurse in uniform and we'll decide ....

armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

I'd say this wouldn't go down well with Keane or O'Neill. I'd say both would consider his career path to be a bit of a cop out. That said, there's no doubt that he's been applying himself more in the last couple of years, and his record has constantly improved

Yeah be hard to argue with calling his career a cop out. It's just one of the flaws of the modern game. 25 years ago he would have being forced to put the back in but now the money even journey men get it's too easy to go through the motions especially if you already have real talent.
For its worth I'd call him up for the upcoming friendlies. It might put a rocket underneath him, get him a more lucrative club contract somewhere, or it might do f**k all. The bottom line is we don't have enough talent to just do nothing but I reckon he could just be another white hope.

Edited by armahibee - 08 Apr 2017 at 12:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 42>
  Share Topic