You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 80>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

The article also suggested they also had to pay another 6 figure tax sum, this only after agreeing an 80K fee with revenue.

What sort of clowns are running the club?
Where'd ya read that? Hadn't heard about another tax bill
Sponsored Links

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 12:56pm

"In a statement released at the time, the club added:

The sum owed to Revenue has been paid in full, the matter has been fully settled and it will not have any impact on the future dealings or operations of the football club.

However, Examiner Sport understands that City have since had to address a separate six-figure tax liability from last year, a debt which has now also been paid in full."

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 1:20pm

The article also suggested they also had to pay another 6 figure tax sum, this only after agreeing an 80K fee with revenue.

Not are, were. Current BOM are the ones cleaning up the mess. 
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

I thought Declan Carey et al were still there?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 2:37pm

The sum owed to Revenue has been paid in full, the matter has been fully settled and it will not have any impact on the future dealings or operations of the football club.

However, Examiner Sport understands that City have since had to address a separate six-figure tax liability from last year, a debt which has now also been paid in full."

That's the one from last November AFAIK. There were two announced at the EGM last November. AGM is up soon, will be an interesting update
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

They are, sorry, they're the current BOM I was referring to.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 2:53pm

He always struck me as an eejit, harmless enough, but an eejit all the same. Maybe it’s the old Dunning-Kruger effect and he really knows what he is doing.
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 4:46pm
[QUOTE=Shoco]

I'm in Foras and was at the last meeting, the six figure tax liability is total bullsh*t.Dont believe everything you read in the papers, journalist here got his fact's totally wrong.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 6:24pm
I was at the last Foras meeting too. Those figures were not mentioned.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:12pm
reports of PNE looking to take a controlling interest in city?
Don’t do it lads, supporters owning and controlling is the only way.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 9:08pm

He always struck me as an eejit, harmless enough, but an eejit all the same. Maybe it’s the old Dunning-Kruger effect and he really knows what he is doing.

I don't know him myself, but the way he (and the rest of the BOM) have handled things since they took charge would show that he is far from an eejit. They've had to deal with some very unfair criticism since taking control.
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 9:27pm
[QUOTE=oldbilly]reports of PNE looking to take a controlling interest in city?
Don’t do it lads, supporters owning and controlling is the only way

Agree with you Billy, from what I see at Foras meetings a Preston takeover would never be voted for.Fans ownership the only way forward.]
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:26pm
what forwards have cork got this season?
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

what forwards have cork got this season?

Beineon O'Brien-Whitmarsh
Cian Bargary
Cian Murphy
Conor Davis
Daire O'Connor
Darragh Crowley
Deshane Dalling
Dylan McGlade
Reyon Dillon
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 8:04am
Wasn't at the game last night, any idea what type of formation they were playing (and who played where). Whole new squad to learn and no sign of a position lineup online.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Wasn't at the game last night, any idea what type of formation they were playing (and who played where). Whole new squad to learn and no sign of a position lineup online.

It looked like it was a 4-3-3 lining up as:

Bossin
Stabana Olowu Redmond Hurley
Coleman Ochieng Morrissey
McGlade Dillon O'Connor

Shame about the result, but the signs are there that this team will come good. Some very good passages of play, very little hoofing of the ball, and we had some good chances to score, as Olowu put a head wide when he really should have scored and Dalling could (and really should) have gotten a penalty. It's not great that we have Rovers and Dundalk away up next, so I'm fully expecting us to still be on 0 points once Finn Harps come to the Cross at the end of the month.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 9:48pm
Getting a proper hammering tonight on Talla
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 10:18pm
Corks defending for the goals LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 80>
  Share Topic