Forum Description: All League Of Ireland Teams Forum
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=20089
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 5:45am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club
Posted By: PaddyBourke2
Subject: Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 2:30pm
The FORAS Board of Management is delighted to announce that FORAS has completed the purchase of the liquidated effects of Cork City Investments FC Ltd, including all intellectual property. By this purchase, the Cork City Football Club name is returned to its rightful owners, the fans of Cork City FC. The team will continue to play under the name of Cork City FORAS Co-op, as the name of the team cannot be changed mid-season but the club name has returned to Cork City Football Club. the news today affect our crest for the foreseeable future.

Commenting following the purchase, Cork City Chairman John O’Sullivan said: “This is a development with which we are all absolutely delighted. A significant amount of work and care went into the process, and we would like to recognise the contribution of Seán Ó’Conaill and our solicitor Michael O’Dowd of O’Hanlon O’Dowd Solicitors [www.ohod.ie]. We would also like to express our appreciation to the team at Moore Stephens Nathans; the decision to allow Cork City FC to continue playing at underage level allows us to express with absolute certainty that Cork City FC has never stopped, not for a second.”

Our underage teams who are currently in their off-season will soon kick-off as Supporters’ run teams. A key element of funding for the underage structure is the Club Lotto, which is now available on-line at CorkCityFC.net.

With the Cork City Football Club name now returned to the supporters of the club, we look forward to continuing the excellent start the club has enjoyed to the 2010 season. The club has achieved some excellent results on the field of play, whilst sound structures are being put in place to ensure that the club will continue to live within its means.

We believe that there is a bright and successful future for supporters of Cork City Football Club to look forward to, and we thank our supporters for the steadfast and loyal support we have received in recent times. We are delighted that Cork City Football Club, and its future, is now in the right hands

Replies:
Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 2:32pm

Fair play to them . May cork city FORAS CO-OP  Have a long future

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by johnny ccfc johnny ccfc wrote:

The FORAS Board of Management is delighted to announce that FORAS has completed the purchase of the liquidated effects of Cork City Investments FC Ltd, including all intellectual property. By this purchase, the Cork City Football Club name is returned to its rightful owners, the fans of Cork City FC. The team will continue to play under the name of Cork City FORAS Co-op, as the name of the team cannot be changed mid-season
Thats all you need there Johnny!Thumbs%20Up

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 2:41pm
I went to Aldi today and both the liquidated juice of some grapes.

It has been renamed red wine but I thanks to the logic of Cawkie Johny also own the vine it grew on and the land where that vine is situated.

I'd like to thank everyone associated with the purchase and we look forward to visiting our historic vineyard  on the hills of Valle Central Chile

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

The FORAS Board of Management is delighted to announce that FORAS has completed the purchase of the liquidated effects of Cork City Investments FC Ltd, including all intellectual property. By this purchase, the Cork City Football Club name is returned to its rightful owners, the fans of Cork City FC. The team will continue to play under the name of Cork City FORAS Co-op, as the name of the team cannot be changed mid-season
no its the bit after it actually

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 2:58pm

FROM NEXT SEASON YOU DUMB f**k! IT SAYS IN PLAIN ENGLISH THAT THE CURRENT TEAMS NAME IS CORK CITY FORAS CO-OP!

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:09pm

FROM NEXT SEASON YOU DUMB f**k! IT SAYS IN PLAIN ENGLISH THAT THE CURRENT TEAMS NAME IS CORK CITY FORAS CO-OP!
read on ya queenstown f*ck. it says 'but the club name has returned to cork city fc' also in plain english

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:10pm
its all an illusion. You , us and what you think is reality.  Cork city doesnt exist and neither do you or me.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:11pm
So the club is called Cork City FORAS Co-op Cork City FC.

Amongst yourselves it's Cork City FC but in competing circles it's Cork City FORAS Co-op.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:15pm

So the club is called Cork City FORAS Co-op Cork City FC.

Amongst yourselves it's Cork City FC but in competing circles it's Cork City FORAS Co-op.
no the club is simply cork city football club. there is no 'foras co-op' in the club name

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

its all an illusion. You , us and what you think is reality.  Cork city doesnt exist and neither do you or me.
will you shut up ffs

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:19pm
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/soccer_tables_airtricityfirstdivision.html - http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/soccer_tables_airtricityfirstdivision.html

There's no Cork City on that table!Confused

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:26pm

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/soccer_tables_airtricityfirstdivision.html - http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/soccer_tables_airtricityfirstdivision.html

There's no Cork City on that table!Confused
because like you said our team has to compete as cork city foras co-op for the rest of this season. i'm talking about the clubs name which is cork city football club

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:27pm
how do you know you exist johnny? How do we know that grass is in fact green? What if its in fact another colour but our eyes and brains process it as green?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:29pm

how do you know you exist johnny? How do we know that grass is in fact green? What if its in fact another colour but our eyes and brains process it as green?
who the f*ck said anything about grass. were talking about football

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:31pm
when the seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

-------------

Posted By: Daz
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:48pm

when the seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

If a tree falls and theres no 1 around to hear it does it make a sound ?

-------------
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Daz Daz wrote:

If a tree falls and theres no 1 around to hear it does it make a sound ?
If all the contents of awareness are ideas, how can we know that anything exists apart from ideas?

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 6:41am
Cracking result last night for Cork city with the late winner against Rovers,.

Only three points off Dundalk now.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 8:44am
Great result for City, need to close the gap by 1 more point before heading into the last game of the season v Dundalk. Six games left all to play for.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: KingswoodRover
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 2:23pm
Yep youse are right in the mix 9 pionts from us this season reckon we are  due cut of the 1.5million in prizemoney from the FAI

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 8:39am
Really hope Cork city win the title on Friday.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 11:17am
New Cork city away strip.

http://m0.sportsjoe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Cork-City-away-jersey.png" rel="nofollow">Cork City away jersey

-------------

Posted By: RKBarmyArmy
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 11:09am
Brutal jersey, hope they sort it out for the new home one cause I won't be buying that. Is our sponsor logo the worst in LOI history?

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 12:41pm
think out fastfix logo was up there as one of the worst

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

Brutal jersey, hope they sort it out for the new home one cause I won't be buying that. Is our sponsor logo the worst in LOI history?

They made a balls of the Sligo one

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 2:37pm
So that's why Nike dropped Man U to take on Cork City. 

-------------
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Posted By: scottyccfc
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Again another uneducated remark from a Dundalk fan, we didnt move to Nike.

-------------
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...

Posted By: Madferret
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 4:11pm
How is that €200k Grant Away fans Jacuzzi coming on? No Lemon in my Pina Colada btw!

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

How is that €200k Grant Away fans Jacuzzi coming on? No Lemon in my Pina Colada btw!
Sorry it's booked out by the "24 hour party people"

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 8:48pm
Wait til Mr. Killarney Celtic himself gets word of this. He's kinda a big deal you know!

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 10:20am

The logo on the new Sligo Rovers jersey is grand, but how its been applied is terrible. The colour doesn't match and it ruins what had the potential to be a top jersey. Id expect more from Umbro. The club shouldn't have let it slide either.

Id be interested to know what johnnycee thinks of how the jersey came out!

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 9:59am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Geez Scotty i'm only having a joke.  I think it looks decent. 

-------------
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:03am
Sanpchat account up and running as of yesterday: corkcityfc84

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:05am
This snapchat bollocks still going?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:10am

Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Geez Scotty i'm only having a joke.  I think it looks decent. 
You know I get all defensive in front of ye bastards LOL

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Sanpchat account up and running as of yesterday: corkcityfc84
Good idea.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

New Cork city away strip.

http://m0.sportsjoe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Cork-City-away-jersey.png" rel="nofollow">Cork City away jersey

By right, someone should be brought before a Court for that abomination. 

Designed by Nike, so why couldn't they have gone with something similar to Athletic Bilbao's new kit Heart

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 9:54pm
to be fair there is no getting away from the awful clon logo 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 9:57pm
Thats true I suppose. You could have Brigitte Bardot modelling Clonakilty Pudding and I'd still struggle with a horn.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Thats true I suppose. You could have Brigitte Bardot modelling Clonakilty Pudding and I'd still struggle with a horn.

I wouldn't! Cannot beat the pudding

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:13pm
Do you like it white or black?? The pudding obviously.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:20pm
I like both, big boy! Together in a terrine is my favourite

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:31pm
Oh yeah, I can see you now, thick rimmed glasses leaning over a Lamb Moussaka. Or is it Nana Mouskouri. A black Brigitte Bardot with white Pudding - perfection! 

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 10:44pm
Thanks MF. I withdraw that offer ofa drink tthough

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 12:55pm
840 season tickets sold so far, that's some achievement. Anyone shed any light how that compares to other clubs.

-------------

Posted By: domo32GUST
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

840 season tickets sold so far, that's some achievement. Anyone shed any light how that compares to other clubs.
That's fantastic support all ready, we are nowhere near that figure round the 350 mark 

-------------
www.maroonarmy.boards.net 'One City, One County, One Club'

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 4:49pm
Confirmed at last night's AGM that the owners of Turners Cross stadium are building toilets for away fans.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: billyoung
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 9:50am
Thats damned decent of you,any chance of moving your fie stadium a little closer to civilization too?

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 11:35am
Originally posted by billyoung billyoung wrote:

Thats damned decent of you,any chance of moving your fie stadium a little closer to civilization too?

I hope you are ont a Shams fan

-------------

Posted By: Jason Kelly
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by billyoung billyoung wrote:

No. 

Not for you anyway. 

Billy boy.

Posted By: billyoung
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 1:37pm
Haha,didnt think so,shams fan

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 3:54pm

according to the match program on saturday against pats, the club expcet to have over 1000 sold before kick off on friday night, +500 free season tickets for kids

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:51pm
Great little promotion video on their fb page. Very well done and trying to increase their support constantly

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

according to the match program on saturday against pats, the club expcet to have over 1000 sold before kick off on friday night, +500 free season tickets for kids
Cork were playing Sligo last week.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:57pm
You stewarding this year Corkery?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Cork were playing Sligo last week.

I was replying to the question asking how it compared to other clubs

-------------

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 5:18pm
Question lads, who does the marketing for City, and is their a specific budget allocation for it.

Just saw that video on FB, fair play. If other clubs put as much effort/initiative into marketing themselves as City I'd imagine we'd see an increase in crowd numbers.

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 5:51pm
%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5SohdH-yv4
I just saw their promo video. Its a credit to them.
They also do professional press conferences with Caulfield and players before every game and put them up on YouTube.
They are giving it everything to get people in the turnstiles and its paying off with the crowds they are getting.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 11:05am
We had a specific Marketing Team set up about two years ago and they are given a budget to work with to go out and get people through the gates and promote the club. To be honest, the work they've done in less than two years is incredible. For tonight's game for example, they have billboards up around the city, they have adverts at bus stops all over the city center and they've worked with Soho to put up a huge City jersey on the facade of the building which is on Grand Parade, one of Corks busiest streets. 

In the scheme of things, our attendances are really poor for a city of over 200,000, but thats a nationwide issue and hurling will always draw the big crowds in this city at least. Hopefully other clubs can take a leaf out of our book and take the risk to pay for billboards/advert spot etc, we've shown it does work. 

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 12:00pm

We had a specific Marketing Team set up about two years ago and they are given a budget to work with to go out and get people through the gates and promote the club. To be honest, the work they've done in less than two years is incredible. For tonight's game for example, they have billboards up around the city, they have adverts at bus stops all over the city center and they've worked with Soho to put up a huge City jersey on the facade of the building which is on Grand Parade, one of Corks busiest streets. 

In the scheme of things, our attendances are really poor for a city of over 200,000, but thats a nationwide issue and hurling will always draw the big crowds in this city at least. Hopefully other clubs can take a leaf out of our book and take the risk to pay for billboards/advert spot etc, we've shown it does work. 
Kudos........

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 6:54pm

Here's hoping. The league has to have a strong Cork team and obviously a good rovers side as well. Does anyone know does the FAI have a team like that? Every club should do what Cork does but it should be backed by an FAI campaign.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 7:43pm
I was in Cork during the week and was surprised with the amount of promotion around the team

I also thought it was bray in the pics half the time!

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I was in Cork during the week and was surprised with the amount of promotion around the team

4,817 at the Turners Cross tonight. A good start match to boot.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

5-0 up

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 12:56am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Fantastic attendance

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 5:37pm
5,100 at the game Friday night, with a super performance to boot. If this standard keeps up it'll be regular sellouts by the end of the season. Only looked to be about 1,000 spare seats Friday night.

Is the capacity really 7,500???

Posted By: Richmond Ultra
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

5,100 at the game Friday night, with a super performance to boot. If this standard keeps up it'll be regular sellouts by the end of the season. Only looked to be about 1,000 spare seats Friday night.

Is the capacity really 7,500???

Media and club volunteers are included in that figure as everybody gets scanned going into the ground.

-------------
Omnia Causa Fiunt

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 7:42pm
Those are great crowds by Cork, the marketing firm they employ is doing stellar work obviously backed up by good results and some star names coming to the club i.e Miller, Bennett, Healy, O`Flynn. It can only be good for the league to have a club attracting those kinds of names. Next thing has to be to get a player some international recognition while playing at the club. That would make them a top destination for players.

Well done Cork.

-------------

Posted By: Richmond Ultra
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Those are great crowds by Cork, the marketing firm they employ is doing stellar work obviously backed up by good results and some star names coming to the club i.e Miller, Bennett, Healy, O`Flynn. It can only be good for the league to have a club attracting those kinds of names. Next thing has to be to get a player some international recognition while playing at the club. That would make them a top destination for players.

Well done Cork.

There's no marketing firm being paid by the club. It's being run by a voluntary committee of fans who are given a set budget at the start of the year to implement campaigns for the club.

-------------
Omnia Causa Fiunt

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 12:43pm
There was way more than that in the ground on Friday night

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Well done Cork.

No marketing firm, club set up amarketing committee with a group of lads who go out and get the work done via firms or for free from supporters. Most of the work is being done for free which is fantastic, I helped out for a while in 2013 and 2014 doing the match day posters but only so much free stuff you can do for a club LOL

I think the guy who owns Pog mo Gol does them now for the club.

Richmond Ultra himself did some great work over the years setting up what is now a fantastic setup in colleges and universities selling tickets.

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 12:37pm
with the large home crowds, I was surprised at how few away fans were there for the Pats game, was at best 50. I'd have thought that you'd get more Dublin based langers coming to the game than that.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 12:54pm
same at Bray, expected good few more

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

with the large home crowds, I was surprised at how few away fans were there for the Pats game, was at best 50. I'd have thought that you'd get more Dublin based langers coming to the game than that.

I take it you were only counting the lads in the terrace behind the goal, most of our fans were in the stand in the corner. I thought it was good away support. Wasn't at the Bray game so can't comment on that.

-------------

Posted By: Funsize Crouchy
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 1:05pm

they had more than 50. they had the end section of the stand and a good few behind the goal too.

i'd say they had 100-150.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 1:10pm
I see, I was in the stand so didn't see them at the other end. Would have been a few other Cork fans in among with the home end too, like I had with me. So 200+ away fans.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 1:13pm

I see, I was in the stand so didn't see them at the other end. Would have been a few other Cork fans in among with the home end too, like I had with me. So 200+ away fans.
That's probably a fair enough estimate. Or 11%+ of the crowd if you prefer Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 1:23pm
Big crowd Friday I thought. Last two sections of the end of Pats terrace full (what does that equate to?) plus another 40/50 behind the goal.

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 3:43pm
This has been done to death but its nearly impossible for regional teams to maintain any sort of away support. 

Dundalk, Drogheda, Bohs, Pats, Rovers, Bray are all within approx. an hour of each other, even Athlone is only an hour and a half or thereabouts from Dublin. Thats half the teams in the league where I wouldn't have to take time off from work to get to the away game. 

As it stands for myself, Limerick is the only game where I don't have to take time off, its an hour and a half from Cork. Every other away game requires me to book a half day at the least to get to. This week we have had Pats, and will play Drogheda away, I can't get to either. I imagine its the same struggle for Sligo, Limerick, Galway, Derry fans etc. 

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 7:02pm

This has been done to death but its nearly impossible for regional teams to maintain any sort of away support. 

Dundalk, Drogheda, Bohs, Pats, Rovers, Bray are all within approx. an hour of each other, even Athlone is only an hour and a half or thereabouts from Dublin. Thats half the teams in the league where I wouldn't have to take time off from work to get to the away game. 

As it stands for myself, Limerick is the only game where I don't have to take time off, its an hour and a half from Cork. Every other away game requires me to book a half day at the least to get to. This week we have had Pats, and will play Drogheda away, I can't get to either. I imagine its the same struggle for Sligo, Limerick, Galway, Derry fans etc. 

Our nearest away game is in AthloneLOL

Posted By: starryplough
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 8:39pm

And the same as their trip to Tallaght as well, good home support but they obviously don't travel well

-------------
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others

Posted By: Wheelo
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 6:37am
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

And the same as their trip to Tallaght as well, good home support but they obviously don't travel well

Langers never have bar a brief period in the mid 00s. Even when league of Ireland matches were on Sunday afternoons they'd have no more than a mini bus up to united park, if even that.

They have valid excuse since switch to Fridays though.

-------------
Scousers - it’s never their fault

DROGHEDA TIL I DIE!!

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 7:13pm
Even when it's not a friday night, Cork don't really have a good away support.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:55am
Wow! I cant wait to see the thousands of away fans turn up at Turners Cross over the next few weeks LOL
Biggest fanbase in Ireland and ye lot are looking for holes! LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 2:05pm
Team looks very banged up at this stage. Needs a refresh in my opinion. Of last nights's squad....

McNulty - keep
Kavanagh - keep
Bennett (Capt) - not top-class anymore - keep as backup
Murray - gone 
Gaynor - keep 
O'Connor -  looks promising
Sheppard - keep 
Beattie - keep 
Miller - not worth the $
O'Sullivan - he's a trier, and a lovely impact player, not sure he should be first choice
Buckley - not at the required level

Subs: 
Dennehy - is his head okay?
Healy - keep for experience/coaching role?
O'Flynn, Kearney - past it
Smith, McSweeney, O'Connoll - too young

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 2:17pm
Of the team that started last night-
McNulty
Kav
O Connor
Benno
Beattie
Marky.
Would get rid of the rest and all the subs bar Healy as player coach.
That was f**king abysmal last night, this team is far too hot and cold. Caulfield has to go too.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Of the team that started last night-
McNulty
Kav
O Connor
Benno
Beattie
Marky.
Would get rid of the rest and all the subs bar Healy as player coach.
That was f**king abysmal last night, this team is far too hot and cold. Caulfield has to go too.

Agree will all that, Holohan is looking like a god at the moment going by the difference in performances when he's in and out of the team.

Nults/Smith

Kav          Benno          Dunleavy        O Connor

Miller

Holohan           New Signing

Shep                                           Beattie

New Signing/Marky

We're not that far off a decent side. Love Marky but the temptation to hoof it up to him seems too much to resist for the lads. Not many striking options available in this league so a bit of creativity necessary in the transfer market. Poor coaching decisions in big games have been a big part of JC's tenure.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 2:51pm
He is still a great option. If only we had eleven with Mark's attitude.
We can't keep Miller if Caulfield stays, he is wasted under him

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He is still a great option. If only we had eleven with Mark's attitude.
We can't keep Miller if Caulfield stays, he is wasted under him

I hope he does go to be honest, would hate to see the fans really turn on him. He served a purpose but now it's time to push on.

As a matter of interest who would you lads have top of your lists?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 3:10pm
To sign An C.? That really depends on budget. I think we should avoid the LOI merry-go-round where possible. I know Beattie has been a good signing, in general though I would avoid it. I would love City to have a strong Cork/Irish core surrounded by ambitious talent from elsewhere.
Johnny has to go now, he was my favourite player growing up and got to know him fairly well over the years. Would hate to see his legendary status tainted

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 3:17pm
I meant manager but I would feel the same about signing one of the usual candidates. ROD will probably be mentioned again in the off-season, we just don't have the expertise to recruit fellas from abroad right now. I wouldn't be ruling out a decent cup run but our season could easily be over Friday night. If we win Friday I'll be back to my over-optimistic self.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 3:23pm
I would like a manager from outside the league and for the same reasons. Would love us to get a good continental coach who wants a 4/5 year project to build his name. More likely to be a familiar face though

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 6:44pm
Yes we should be looking at recent Uefa pro grads. Craig Bellamy would be entertaining

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 6:53pm
John Caulfield will be at the club for a while imo, to be fair the last eleven games were like cup finals knowing if we lost one our campaign is as good as over hopefully we can put a cup run together but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think the average age of the team is too old and the season has caught up on many of our players.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 7:13am
Is the Cork City v Longford Towm match live on RTE tomorrow night?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 8:30am
nope

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 8:47pm
Eoghan O'Connell has joined on loan from https://twitter.com/celticfc" rel="nofollow - until July, great signing in my opinion

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 9:50am
Derry City Football Club will lodge a formal complaint over alleged sectarian abuse towards Kenny Shiels at Friday night's match against Cork City.

It relates to a touchline argument at the end of the match. The Derry manager was http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36293594" rel="nofollow - allegedly called a "sectarian name"  by a member of the Cork backroom team.

Cork chairman Pat Lyons said the club had no knowledge of the incident.

The complaint is to be lodged with the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) by Wednesday.

By that time, the FAI will have had time to read the reports of both the referee and the match delegate who was at Turner's Cross for the Premier Division game.

Derry City chairman Philip O'Doherty met Kenny Shiels on Monday and a decision was made to stand by their manager.

Friday's defeat was Cork City's first in three attempts against the Candystripes.

After the game, Shiels said he was disappointed with the home team's reaction after the final whistle.

"I'm really angry at their lack of hospitality towards me at the end as hosts," Shiels told BBC Sport NI.

"The way they treated me was outrageous but I'll not tolerate that. I'll fight my own corner. I'm not going to be walked over like that.

"I was absolutely disgusted with their behaviour and I'll be making decisions to see what we can do to get something done about it.

"They're not going to call me names down here."

Cork City manager John Caulfield told RTE he was "surprised" by Shiels' allegation.

"I think it was just excitement. He [Shiels] was obviously really disappointed.

"We were excited and probably some of our management were excited.

"At the same time there was nothing in it and I'm surprised with that comment."

Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 11:49am
Caulfield did say to him that "we played you off the park" im not sure why there was need for that bit of needle as there has always been a fantastic relationship between the two clubs.  The alleged comments are supposed to have come from Cork City Assistant Manager John Cotter. It just dosnt add up for me, i am not saying nothing was said just cant see why it would have been said.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net