You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 80>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 10:14pm
There's a few teams better than Cork City. Dundalk, Rovers, Pats and Waterford. Top four is a realistic target.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Sponsored Links

AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

There's a few teams better than Cork City. Dundalk, Rovers, Pats and Waterford. Top four is a realistic target.

Despite having lost to both early in the season I'd expect us to finish above Pats and Waterford. Top three is a must for City. We can't go cap on hand to a sugar daddy if we miss out on Europe. There would be severe cut backs if that were to happen. Didn't see the match last night as was in a bus with horrendous WiFi but by all accounts it was turgid stuff. That game aside though performances were good of late. Football fans have a tenancy to overreact based on a single result. It's a long season and if we perform in our two big games coming up and in the two games against UCD we have in hand on Shams we will be right up there again. 

Edited by AnCearrbhach - 30 Mar 2019 at 10:31pm
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 7:56pm
The electronic advertising board looks so mych better on tv. Pity it wasnt behind the goals also. Still nice to see it for a big game.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 9:54pm
Man running amok in Cambridge....

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

What did I miss?

Edit:just checked the score, I didn't even realise.

Edited by pre Madonna - 05 Apr 2019 at 10:02pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What did I miss?

We'll leave it there so...
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 10:27pm

What did I miss?

Convenient. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

What did I miss?

Convenient. 
I haven't been home in four years , as a result  I haven't followed it as closely for the past 12 months or so. It seems City are sh*te this season.
It is the one thing I miss though. Good result for you  anyway.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 8:45am
Easily one of the worst performances I've ever seen from City. It was so, so easy for Rovers at times, it was like a training match for them. Bolger really showed us what we are missing with his domination of the game. Caulfield can't keep going on like this; if there's been no improvement by the end of the next series of fixtures, I can't see him in charge of City for much more. 
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 10:30am
tbh adineen, you weren’t much better against us except we gift wrapped you a couple of goals and about half our team picked that game as an off night. Doesn’t seem to be the same intensity about your game that we usually get woth a city team.used to be that even a good performance wasn’t good enough down there the side seem to have lost their mojo.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

tbh adineen, you weren’t much better against us except we gift wrapped you a couple of goals and about half our team picked that game as an off night. Doesn’t seem to be the same intensity about your game that we usually get woth a city team.used to be that even a good performance wasn’t good enough down there the side seem to have lost their mojo.
Yeah I fully expected a Rovers win after watching our defeat against Cork the other week. Could’ve easily been a different result had we taken our chances in the first half. 
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

I wasn't able to attend that match so I can't comment too much, other than from what I heard Bohs were on top until we scored and we just saw the match out from there. 

We've definitely lost that belief that used to see us through matches like this and ultimately, that's what will be Caulfield's downfall. What made up for the lack of quality football was the belief and motivation of the players, but now that that is gone (and has been gone since the European "run" last season), Caulfield has little to fall back on. He is very quickly losing the support of City fans; a lot of fans want him gone before even more damage is done and it is sad to see, but every manager has his shelf life, and unfortunately, it looks like Caulfield is approaching the end of his one.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:25pm
Fans ejected from the ground by Gardai for displaying a Delaney out banner. Jonathan O Brien was one of them. 
Zero surprises with Security & gardai @ Turners Cross sadly
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:38pm
hadn’t seen the post here, video doesn’t look good didn’t know O’Brien was involved. Security and guards are a joke in the cross anyway. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:44pm
That’s madness the right to protest doesn’t exist in Irish football.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Fans ejected from the ground by Gardai for displaying a Delaney out banner. Jonathan O Brien was one of them. 
Zero surprises with Security & gardai @ Turners Cross sadly

Wouldn't be the first time the guards got involved in a peaceful protest against delaney and the fai. They blamed water protests for the reason they got involved at Usa game in 2014 wonder what the reason will be this time

Edited by ringerbell - 12 Apr 2019 at 9:55pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 10:00pm
A.C.A.B
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 10:45pm

A.C.A.B
Wouldn't tar all carkies with the same brush......no enough feathers to go around.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 80>
  Share Topic