You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 80>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:46pm
Watched tonight's match on a dodgy stream but it was worth it. One of the most entertaining 0-0 draws I've ever watched, great effort from both sides Clap both sides with plenty of chances to win it, with City missing some absolute sitters; I fear that the poor finishing will come back to haunt City come the end of the season, this isn't the first match City have missed glorious chances. 
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:36pm
How are the New Saints from Wales seeded in the Champions League draw while Cork are not? 
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

How are the New Saints from Wales seeded in the Champions League draw while Cork are not? 

They've gotten to the second qualifying round in the champions league the last five years. Cork have only been in the europa league the last 4. Champions league gets more coefficient points.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:52pm
TNS's coefficient for 18/19 is 5.000, while City's is 1.750. Clubs with a coefficient greater than 3.750 are seeded, while clubs with a coefficient less than 3.500 are unseeded. I assume TNS's 5 coefficient points were attained over the period from 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18, where the picked up 5 wins, progressing to the second qualifying round of the CL each time.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

They've gotten to the second qualifying round in the champions league the last five years. Cork have only been in the europa league the last 4. Champions league gets more coefficient points.

Would Dundalk be ranked higher than them had they of finished first?  
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:57pm

Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

Would Dundalk be ranked higher than them had they of finished first?  

Yeah dundalk would have been seeded for the first round if they were in the champions league this year.
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:30am
TNS have a bit of history, FC Sevco Foras United Athletic Fordsons Hibernians of Cork don't! 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:31am
An awful, awful effort.
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:36pm
Sorry, I forgot the CO-OP Rovers bits didn't I. 
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Sorry, I forgot the CO-OP Rovers bits didn't I. 

If you're trying to name all Cork clubs you missed about six LOL

Amazes me that people think this winds up City fans

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:48pm
A truly woeful attempt LOL
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:42pm
Well 3 of you have replied.......Cool
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 2:18pm
Tough game tonight, Pat's have been excellent at home recently. Barry Murphy expected to return with late fitness tests for Deano Clarke and Killian Brennan. As much as I like Beattie wide right I think he'd do an excellent job winding up Tommy Byrne if he was back at right back LOL
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:25pm
Great win tonight, Pat's had us on the ropes at times but we got there in the end. Couldn't believe my eyes when Sadlier scored his second, that took some amount of technique. Two home games against Waterford and Derry coming up, and with Dundalk playing Shamrock Rovers, it's a great opportunity to go top coming up to the mid season break.
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Great win tonight, Pat's had us on the ropes at times but we got there in the end. Couldn't believe my eyes when Sadlier scored his second, that took some amount of technique.

Thought it was a very good game. end to end at times in the second half. honestly didnt think there was much between the teams. great second goal for cork but we could have got a free just before it (would like to see it again). great block  off the line just after we hit the bar. as for the third goal - did he score it from inside his own box?
cup champions
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Great win tonight, Pat's had us on the ropes at times but we got there in the end. Couldn't believe my eyes when Sadlier scored his second, that took some amount of technique.

Thought it was a very good game. end to end at times in the second half. honestly didnt think there was much between the teams. great second goal for cork but we could have got a free just before it (would like to see it again). great block  off the line just after we hit the bar. as for the third goal - did he score it from inside his own box?

I was watching the match on a stream and I thought City were a bit lucky to get that decision, but on the other hand, lads who were at the match said Pat's got away with a few handballs. I can't say for certain though, I'll have to watch Soccer Republic before I make any claims for sure. 

When Sadlier scored the third, he was on the edge of City's 18 yard box .
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 10:18am
Morning all 
 I have been asked by a couple of lads for a good place for a meet up before the Cork v Burnley game next month . Now was was happy with Evergreen beside Turners Cross but it seems to have closed up . 
Any ideas lads welcome ?

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 11:23am
The Beer Garden and The Evergreen are the two main pubs at the moment
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 80>
  Share Topic