You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 80>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 3:38pm
No family bus or any official bus going to Dundalk, no public transport option out of Dundalk after the game, most fans unwilling to return after previous shocking treatment and the match is on telly anyway. It looks City will be playing the biggest game of the season so far in front of 50 or less supporters. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Sponsored Links

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 11:16am
Before the Dundalk v Cork City game and Sean McLoughlin's injury-time touch into his own net.
Bishopstown Bar Facebook page

[IMG]

Was John 'Mr. Grassroots' Caulfield sent off again?
www.ucdsupporters.ie
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 11:26am
Absolutely sickening way to lose last night. From a City perspective, the performance last night was far better than the one in the first meeting in Oriel Park, but City's weakness at full back, particularly at right back, was exposed. Both goals were painfully avoidable, which is all the more frustrating considering aside from two headers from Hoban, McNulty wasn't really troubled in goals. Looking at City's chances, you can forgive McNamee for shanking his volley at Rogers in the first half, but that miss from Sheppard in the second half was criminal; he had time and space and really should have put City 2-1 up. Overall, I think it was a fairly even match; both teams played the way everyone expected them to, and bar the 10 to 15 minute spells at the end of both halves from Dundalk, I think City were relatively comfortable, but it does irritate me that, similar to Ireland, City have a tendency to sit back and invite pressure onto themselves and only start looking for a goal when a goal has been conceded.

On the bright side for City, it's still in our hands, as Dundalk still have to come to the Cross. However, Caulfield has to change City's back four; in my opinion, it should be Beattie-Delaney-McLoughlin-Kane for the rest of the season; Horgan and Griffin have been underperforming for far too long this season, and teams will exploit that weakness should Caulfield continue to select them.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 12:48am
What's happened with Kieran Sadlier at Cork City? A few months ago Cork were spouting sh*te calling him the next Sean Maguire and the next one to go across the water.. Now he can't even get a game. 

Edited by ShamtheRam - 04 Aug 2018 at 12:49am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 8:54am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

What's happened with Kieran Sadlier at Cork City? A few months ago Cork were spouting sh*te calling him the next Sean Maguire and the next one to go across the water.. Now he can't even get a game. 
Not consistent enough. Goes missing in games too much so he seems to be a much better impact sub.

And nobody was calling him the next Sean Maguire, totally diffferent players, position etc
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 11:15am

Nobody said that. Sads thought he'd follow Seanie over to England with ease but forgot he had to do it for City first. 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 2:58am

He can't pass the ball. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 7:46pm
Is McLoughlin still one of the better CBs? Thought he was linked to England for awhile, but looks like he's staying put until the winter at least now
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 8:20pm
Jaysus when will Irish teams ever stop conceding soft fckin goals while on top in games
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Jaysus when will Irish teams ever stop conceding soft fckin goals while on top in games
And again ffs, what d fck was the keeper at
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 12:03am
City's limitations have been exposed in Europe this season, but the most frustrating thing for me has been the individual player errors. 

A poor showing all round in Europe from the LOI.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 12:35am
Losing to Warsaw and Rosenborg wont define our season. Losing on Sunday might. Huge game, come on City! 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 7:30am
I don’t agree cork had limitations exposed, it’s just a case of Warsaw and Rosenberg coming from better leagues,with better players.sure bohs played Rosenberg back in 2003 under Kenny with a more than decent squad and got walloped too, our league just hasn’t moved on due to indifference from those running it.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 8:44am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

I don’t agree cork had limitations exposed, it’s just a case of Warsaw and Rosenberg coming from better leagues,with better players.sure bohs played Rosenberg back in 2003 under Kenny with a more than decent squad and got walloped too, our league just hasn’t moved on due to indifference from those running it.

Warsaw knocked out by the Luxembourg champions last night, they are currently 6th in their own league

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Warsaw knocked out by the Luxembourg champions last night, they are currently 6th in their own league
Luxembourg have had a far, far better year in Europe than Ireland. 
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 1:15pm

That Rosenborg team was in the Champions League group stages 7 or 8 years in a row. A completely different beast.

What annoys me watching the LOI teams in Europe year on year is how many stupid goals are conceded
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

City's limitations have been exposed in Europe this season, but the most frustrating thing for me has been the individual player errors. 

Dundalk, Derry and Rovers all had victories.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Dundalk, Derry and Rovers all had victories.
So had Pyrrhus.

Anyway, Sligo weren't in Europe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 80>
  Share Topic