FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 80>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 11:00pm
League over!

Four subs for harps tonight, two keepers in that
Sponsored Links

Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 10:55pm
The league is over. Corks aim now should be to go thru the season unbeaten.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 10:49pm
Great win tonight. The match was even in the first half but City were completely dominant in the second half. I thought Harps were a little unlucky to not get a penalty though, and I think the referee had a poor game overall. Looked to be about 4500/5000 at the match as well. 12 out of 12 now, and with Dundalk losing, things are looking very good indeed

Just saw the official attendance was 3,837. My estimation was way off

Edited by adineen98 - 05 May 2017 at 10:55pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 10:26pm
12/12. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:24pm
League could be over by then anyway, but it would be a shame to lose him for the European games

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Just read that Celtic sent scouts over to watch Maguire vs Bray, €150,000 as it's been said is the release clause.

Surely with a fee so small, City would be mad to sell! Don't you get similar for winning the LOI, never mind the payday from qualifying for the CL. 
The club have no option but to allow Seani talk to any club that meets the release clause, that is why they are inserted. If someone wants to pay the money there is nothing anybody can do, except ask Seani, nicely, if he fancies hanging around until Christmas.

Sorry I've had a mare LOL

What I meant to say is.....
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Just read that Celtic sent scouts over to watch Maguire vs Bray, €150,000 as it's been said is the release clause.

Surely with a fee so small, City would be mad to sell! Don't you get similar for winning the LOI, never mind the payday from qualifying for the CL. 
The club have no option but to allow Seani talk to any club that meets the release clause, that is why they are inserted. If someone wants to pay the money there is nothing anybody can do, except ask Seani, nicely, if he fancies hanging around until Christmas.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 6:50pm

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Burton have stayed up! Delaney should be staying now

Hopefully! This run is built on defence.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 4:57pm
Burton have stayed up! Delaney should be staying now
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 12:07am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Nice lead City have now. Are ye lads fearful if Maguire is snapped up it might knock the confidence out of them ?

I'll be honest I'm worried if he does go and I'm hopeful that City can do a deal with whoever he signs for where he can stay on loan until the end of the LOI season. That being said I think we have enough to cope without him so I don't think it'll knock the confidence out of City
I would be very surprised if any club loaned him back immediately, I would say it is highly unlikely. It looks like he has a clause and he will be gone, hopefully some of the clause money and the saving in wages will be put towards a package for a replacement or even a number 10/ winger. You are never going to replace like with like, Seani is a rarity in LOI terms, but someone needs to be brought in so that the style of play doesn't change too much.
I wouldn't be as worried as others, I think losing Delaney at the back could be as big a problem. This team is very much built on not giving away too many chances, even when playing poorly nobody gets many chances. Losing 2 key players mid-season would be awful.
Bring back Billy LOL
Those ****s have found their level. Sadlier from Sligo has been linked with both ourselves and Dundalk, I don't know much about him but he seems to create and score a lot for a team at the bottom.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 12:03am

Nice lead City have now. Are ye lads fearful if Maguire is snapped up it might knock the confidence out of them ?

I'll be honest I'm worried if he does go and I'm hopeful that City can do a deal with whoever he signs for where he can stay on loan until the end of the LOI season. That being said I think we have enough to cope without him so I don't think it'll knock the confidence out of City
I would be very surprised if any club loaned him back immediately, I would say it is highly unlikely. It looks like he has a clause and he will be gone, hopefully some of the clause money and the saving in wages will be put towards a package for a replacement or even a number 10/ winger. You are never going to replace like with like, Seani is a rarity in LOI terms, but someone needs to be brought in so that the style of play doesn't change too much.
I wouldn't be as worried as others, I think losing Delaney at the back could be as big a problem. This team is very much built on not giving away too many chances, even when playing poorly nobody gets many chances. Losing 2 key players mid-season would be awful.
Bring back Billy LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:53pm
Burton are 200/1 to go down, no fear of that happening really as they would need so many results to go against them.
Yeah 150k is the clause it seems, hopefully that money can be reinvested in the squad but I don't know the financial ins and outs behind the scenes.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the trip Vidic.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:51pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Good win tonight but Bray were brilliant and definitely the better team in the second half. I actually think they were unlucky to lose. As for the penalty, I was behind the goals and didn't see what it was for, but I think it may have been for handball. 5,316 was the official attendance I think. 11 wins in a row now

I think it was for pulling the shirt, but as everyone else was, I'm not sure, one for Monday

Cork bossed us first half an dead well deserved but we should have scored second half at 1-1, the roar for the second goal had a huge sounded like a roar of relief more than anything, the whole stadium standing up and chanting was something special

Cracking trip as always, friendliest fans by a distance

Definitely relief, I wasn't able to settle at all because I was full sure that Bray were going to equalise. Shirt pulling makes more sense, but as you said it's one for Monday

Given how well Bray are doing so far, I thought more would have come down to the match. I was a little but surprised, I counted just 25 or so

I was convinced we'd score too, had the chances to do it
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:44pm

True, him being loaned back is wishful thinking more than a realistic expectation. Seanie has shown his talent and it was inevitable that he was leaving, but if rather he left at the end of the season than mid season. Then again, I've seen reports saying City would get €150,000 for him, so that would soften the blow somewhat. With regards to Delaney, I really hope Burton stay up so we can keep him. He's an absolute tank in defence
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Good win tonight but Bray were brilliant and definitely the better team in the second half. I actually think they were unlucky to lose. As for the penalty, I was behind the goals and didn't see what it was for, but I think it may have been for handball. 5,316 was the official attendance I think. 11 wins in a row now

I think it was for pulling the shirt, but as everyone else was, I'm not sure, one for Monday

Cork bossed us first half an dead well deserved but we should have scored second half at 1-1, the roar for the second goal had a huge sounded like a roar of relief more than anything, the whole stadium standing up and chanting was something special

Definitely relief, I wasn't able to settle at all because I was full sure that Bray were going to equalise. Shirt pulling makes more sense, but as you said it's one for Monday

Given how well Bray are doing so far, I thought more would have come down to the match. I was a little but surprised, I counted just 25 or so

Edited by adineen98 - 28 Apr 2017 at 11:46pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:25pm

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:22pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 80>
  Share Topic