You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wasps nest in the shed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 1:12am

Get it sorted Sham  as this will only get worse , errr the nest is what I am talking about .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 9:27am
Anyone ever had a wasp nest on or under the ground?
I was out cutting the grass for the first time in a couple of months earlier, and I reckon I disturbed a nest as there's loads of wasps flying around the place.
Apparently they sometimes build nests in the grass or under the ground, but I'm not sure what they'd look like. Anyone ever seen one? how do you get rid of it?

Edited by Hoosay - 22 Aug 2011 at 5:03am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 1:22am
Hoosay read back a bit and I would say get the spray and do the area . What will happen is that the wasps will get the stuff on their legs bring it to the queen which will kill her and that will be the end of your problem , let us all know how you get on .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 6:16am
The thing is, I don't know where the nest is, I think it might be under the lawn, so finding where to spray the stuff is a problem. I know what a wasp nest hanging from a shed roof would look like, but I have no idea what it looks like if it's on or under the ground.
The only idea I had so far was to capture one of them and then tie a really really small tin of paint to his leg and put a hole in it. Then when he flies back to his secret underground lair I just follow the paint.
Or else I'll just give them a couple of days to calm down after the trauma of being attached with a Flymo and then I'll see if I can spot where they are flying in and out of.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic