You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wasps nest in the shed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 6:51am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Grazza used to work in pest control, he'll tell ya Count!!

BUMP for Grazza Thumbs%20Up
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 8:24am
mate had one the size of 8 footballs in his shed and he gave it a full hay'u-ken with the kitchen brush and legged it into his gafs for a few hours..... needed an exterminator lad to come out and sort it though and yer man said he reckons there was about 30,000 wasps in there....fu*k*n hell!!!Confused

gonna give it the brush tonight when they are asleep Cool, will keep ye updated
grazza View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 9:02am
Wasps nests, what great fun. I tackled many of these when I worked in pest control but we were kitted out with full suit and had the right equip & chemicals.
The best thing to do is get some good quality wasp killer from local hardware, cover yourself up very, very well, spray the nest, beat the sh*t out of it  and run. Leave shed for about 2 days. If you go down this road make sure to destroy the nest, if you don't get through to the queen they will just rebuild nest wherever it lands. If the nest is destroyed properly they will go away.
My mate works for a pest control company called Ecolab. He says it will cost about 100 yoyo plus vat. You might get away without vat depending where you live. 

Hope this helps!!
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 9:05am
Originally posted by grazza grazza wrote:

Wasps nests, what great fun. I tackled many of these when I worked in pest control but we were kitted out with full suit and had the right equip & chemicals.
The best thing to do is get some good quality wasp killer from local hardware, cover yourself up very, very well, spray the nest, beat the sh*t out of it  and run. Leave shed for about 2 days. If you go down this road make sure to destroy the nest, if you don't get through to the queen they will just rebuild nest wherever it lands. If the nest is destroyed properly they will go away.
My mate works for a pest control company called Ecolab. He says it will cost about 100 yoyo plus vat. You might get away without vat depending where you live. 

Hope this helps!!
Summary: Give it a lash!
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Críostóir Óg Críostóir Óg wrote:

Wasps nests, what great fun. I tackled many of these when I worked in pest control but we were kitted out with full suit and had the right equip & chemicals. The best thing to do is get some good quality wasp killer from local hardware, cover yourself up very, very well, spray the nest, beat the sh*t out of it  and run. Leave shed for about 2 days. If you go down this road make sure to destroy the nest, if you don't get through to the queen they will just rebuild nest wherever it lands. If the nest is destroyed properly they will go away.My mate works for a pest control company called Ecolab. He says it will cost about 100 yoyo plus vat. You might get away without vat depending where you live.  Hope this helps!!
Summary: ligter fluid,zipo,wasp killer,baseball bat

fixed that for you CO
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 11:27am

Hope this helps!!

cheers Grazza, saucepan over the head, duvet and broom stick later on so Thumbs%20Up
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 11:42am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Hope this helps!!

cheers Grazza, saucepan over the head, duvet and broom stick later on so Thumbs%20Up

In other words, Count is not on for splashing €100+vat LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 12:18pm

Count later on tonight.

(Yes I am aware those are bees in the pics but I couldn't find one with wasps)
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 2:15pm
Had one in our shed before, The old lad just hit it down with a spade.  Dont think he had any problems
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:39pm
gonna buy some wasp spray in the morning and then do a job with the brush.
dont want to turn out like thisCry

billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:41pm

mate had one the size of 8 footballs in his shed and he gave it a full hay'u-ken with the kitchen brush and legged it into his gafs for a few hours..... needed an exterminator lad to come out and sort it though and yer man said he reckons there was about 30,000 wasps in there....fu*k*n hell!!!Confused

gonna give it the brush tonight when they are asleep Cool, will keep ye updated

ConfusedPlease dontConfused 

Or maybe you wont be back to update us
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:44pm
What type of nest are we talking about here Count?

What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:44pm

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

that shoud say €70 quid deise 
Yeah had to get one of theose boys out last week. Cost €65. He was in and out in 15mins.

what was the company gary?
Don't know, had the builders in and they organised it.
Will try and find out.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Rolz Rolz wrote:

1. Get bee suit.
2. Equip 17 bottles of fly spray.
3. -------------------------------
4. Profit.
LOLLOLLOL

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 7:51pm
Dyin to know how you got on Count LOL
Probably in A and E as i type
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 1:38am
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

Had one in our shed before, The old lad just hit it down with a spade.  Dont think he had any problems

To be honest, having just one wasp in your shed is not really that scary.......good shot to kill it with a spade though
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 2:01am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

To be honest, having just one wasp in your shed is not really that scary.......good shot to kill it with a spade though

LOL

You're such a bollox
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 10:28am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Are you sure it's not just a vuvuzela?

LOLLOL
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic