You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wasps nest in the shed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:59pm
Years ago, our back garden backed onto a field, separated from it by a ditch. There was a wasps nest in the ditch, but if ya didn't go near them, they left ya alone, so that was that. Until the oul fella got fed up of this unsightly looking ditch and decided to build a wall instead. Went out one day to start digging foundations, of course he got stung a few times, it really annoyed him. Put on a good few layers of clothing, made some class of head protection from a welding mask, poured nearly a full jerry can of petrol into the hole in the ditch (the actual nest, as far as he could get near enough to see, was a good bit down), stood back a safe distance and flicked a match at it.
No more wasps, and a good chunk of ditch gone with them. Thats probably a bit extreme for ye city lads tho.....LOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Years ago, our back garden backed onto a field, separated from it by a ditch. There was a wasps nest in the ditch, but if ya didn't go near them, they left ya alone, so that was that. Until the oul fella got fed up of this unsightly looking ditch and decided to build a wall instead. Went out one day to start digging foundations, of course he got stung a few times, it really annoyed him. Put on a good few layers of clothing, made some class of head protection from a welding mask, poured nearly a full jerry can of petrol into the hole in the ditch (the actual nest, as far as he could get near enough to see, was a good bit down), stood back a safe distance and flicked a match at it.
No more wasps, and a good chunk of ditch gone with them. Thats probably a bit extreme for ye city lads tho.....LOL

Thats what ya need right there
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:09pm

jackass live in waterfordLOL
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:25pm
Just looking at the Aldi leaflet that comes with the RTE Guide.

Knowing you to be a man who hates to part with money, Count I notice that they will have a WASP NEST DESTROYER Nuke available ofrom Thursday 1st July (that's Thursday week if you can wait that long).

The only sting for you will be €2.49.

It's a 300 ml spray can and it says: "The active ingredients in the formula foam instantly to thoroughly soak the nest and kill the wasps inside from a distance of over 3 metres"

Get 2 cans to be on the safe side and 10 ft back should be OK Thumbs%20Up
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

Knowing you to be a man who hates to part with money, Count I notice that they will have a WASP NEST DESTROYER Nuke available ofrom Thursday 1st July (that's Thursday week if you can wait that long).

It's a 300 ml spray can and it says: "The active ingredients in the formula foam instantly to thoroughly soak the nest and kill the wasps inside from a distance of over 3 metres"

Way too civilised and safe Aido. I vote petrolLOL

AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:33pm
[QUOTE=deise316

Yeah the soaking might be the secret Clap

Edited by AidoM - 21 Jun 2010 at 5:33pm
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:37pm
good man aido, i will check it out when i'm there scavaging the bins out back Thumbs%20Up

reckon its about 760 quid to get a pro out Cry
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

good man aido, i will check it out when i'm there scavaging the bins out back Thumbs%20Up

reckon its about 760 quid to get a pro out Cry

I litre of petrol € 1.33 Thumbs%20Up.  Feck, for € 760 he would want to be taking them out individuallyLOL

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:43pm
that shoud say €70 quid deise 
Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:51pm

Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

lighter fluid and a zippo

and yippe kyyyyaaaaaaa mutha f**ka
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:54pm

Jaysus, was thinking it was a bit steepLOL. Prob breaks down as €50 callout charge and € 20 to actually do the job. Good luck with the Aldi gear anyway, will keep an eye out for reports of some fella in Dublin being hospitalised after being attacked by waspsThumbs%20Up

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 12:58am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Are you sure it's not just a vuvuzela?

LOL

Auld lad took a 3 wood to one in our shed few years back and legged it and they pissed off soon after. You're a tight kant count so do the cheap thing.

Edited by McGoldrick - 22 Jun 2010 at 12:58am
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:31am

Yeah had to get one of theose boys out last week. Cost €65. He was in and out in 15mins.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:57am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Yeah had to get one of theose boys out last week. Cost €65. He was in and out in 15mins.

what was the company gary?
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 4:02am
Man up and treat the nest like a punchbag, you show them who's boss Thumbs%20Up
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 4:49am
Don't upset an Angry Hornet...........you have been warned!!

Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 5:00am
Never a dull moment in the Count Garden these days, looking for weedkillers, moss-killers and now wasp killers.  
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 5:40am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Never a dull moment in the Count Garden these days, looking for weedkillers, moss-killers and now wasp killers.  
Mass genocide taking place in a Dublin garden!
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic