You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wasps nest in the shed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wasps nest in the shed
    Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 6:16am
The thing is, I don't know where the nest is, I think it might be under the lawn, so finding where to spray the stuff is a problem. I know what a wasp nest hanging from a shed roof would look like, but I have no idea what it looks like if it's on or under the ground.
The only idea I had so far was to capture one of them and then tie a really really small tin of paint to his leg and put a hole in it. Then when he flies back to his secret underground lair I just follow the paint.
Or else I'll just give them a couple of days to calm down after the trauma of being attached with a Flymo and then I'll see if I can spot where they are flying in and out of.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 1:22am
Hoosay read back a bit and I would say get the spray and do the area . What will happen is that the wasps will get the stuff on their legs bring it to the queen which will kill her and that will be the end of your problem , let us all know how you get on .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 9:27am
Anyone ever had a wasp nest on or under the ground?
I was out cutting the grass for the first time in a couple of months earlier, and I reckon I disturbed a nest as there's loads of wasps flying around the place.
Apparently they sometimes build nests in the grass or under the ground, but I'm not sure what they'd look like. Anyone ever seen one? how do you get rid of it?

Edited by Hoosay - 22 Aug 2011 at 5:03am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 1:12am

Get it sorted Sham  as this will only get worse , errr the nest is what I am talking about .

ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 12:49pm
I hate bee season :(
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Just spotted a small bee hive in the shed, the little feckers Angry

Put a load of jam on your flute and then stick your lad into the bee hive and see what happens?

Worked a treat Horsey, at the sight of my dick the bees scarpered. Must have been female...
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 9:03am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Put a load of jam on your flute and then stick your lad into the bee hive and see what happens?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 6:24am
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 9:19am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

found a few dead wasps in my bathroom when I came in from work yesterday evening and another couple this morning when I got up.
Didn't have any windows open so do I have a nest somewhere?
saucepan on head + mop and up to that jacks Saint Thumbs%20Up

thanks count
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 5:49am
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

found a few dead wasps in my bathroom when I came in from work yesterday evening and another couple this morning when I got up.

saucepan on head + mop and up to that jacks Saint Thumbs%20Up
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 4:46am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Got them last night , give them the foam spary can and got out of there , had a look in the shed this morning and not a wasps to be seen , YET . Will check again tonight .
Any idea how long you leave it before you can remove the nest ???
As for the bat he's gone also but then again it was late last night so maybe he was off looking for food .

Congrats Murph for bravely, and single-handedly, defeating the stingers!

Incidentally, I bought and used that spray on a nest under the eaves of my house.......but despite using the whole can over a period of four days, they have survived, and the nest continues to flourishShocked...............must be Hornets.......you just cannot beat themWink

Hummmm as for your nest Hornet what I have been reading is when you get them in or on your house they little beggers have more than one entrance to the nest so you may get 75% of the nest covered but the wasps end up taking another route into the nest .
Now what a mate told me in London is that he got in the experts ( hey he didn't have my number ) and they put ANT powder around the entrance to some route into the nest with that the wasps would walk into it and take the powder on their legs to the queen then end game .
Look it's worth a try .
I was lucky as I got mine first time I had about 9 dead wasps that fell out of the nest when I looked last night Iwill still wait until the weekend before I move the nest thou .
Also my little Bat returned so I gave him a bit of a prod with the broom handle which he didn't like very much but got him out of the shed and yes Gaz he flew away before you ask .
Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by MrFantastico MrFantastico wrote:

Originally posted by Daz Daz wrote:

had one in our 2nd shed last few weeksi made 2 smoke bombs last night and smoked the f**kers out then took a metal baseball bat 2 the hive Big%20smile
i wish i had your childhood daz

What ya mean ?
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)
MrFantastico View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFantastico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Daz Daz wrote:

had one in our 2nd shed last few weeksi made 2 smoke bombs last night and smoked the f**kers out then took a metal baseball bat 2 the hive Big%20smile
i wish i had your childhood daz
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH
Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 11:21am
had one in our 2nd shed last few weeks

i made 2 smoke bombs last night and smoked the f**kers out

then took a metal baseball bat 2 the hive Big%20smile
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)
Mafi Mushkila View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafi Mushkila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 6:18am
We used to always have wasp nests in our shed so used get the hurl and sliothar and do some target practice and then leg it. Always sorted the problem Thumbs%20Up
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Got them last night , give them the foam spary can and got out of there , had a look in the shed this morning and not a wasps to be seen , YET . Will check again tonight .
As for the bat he's gone also but then again it was late last night so maybe he was off looking for food .

Congrats Murph for bravely, and single-handedly, defeating the stingers!

Incidentally, I bought and used that spray on a nest under the eaves of my house.......but despite using the whole can over a period of four days, they have survived, and the nest continues to flourishShocked...............must be Hornets.......you just cannot beat themWink
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 1:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic