Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keiran Westwood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 3:17pm
3 Ireland players in the team
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 3:26pm
How can Bamford be Championship player of the year yet not make the Championship team of the year? Very illogical. Should have went to Murphy. Congrats to Westwood, Keogh and Murphy.

Edited by grannyrule - 26 Apr 2015 at 3:41pm
Mullingar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullingar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 5:04pm
One could be voted for by players the other the press
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by TheMightyQuinn TheMightyQuinn wrote:

Has he not been named to this team in the past? Disappointed he's never kicked on and secured a full time gig in the top flight.

Mignolet was ahead of him at Sunderland, plus he had a bout of flu prior to playing Man City a few seasons back and didn't play when he was down to start and Mignolet ended up playing with a broken nose or something along those lines so he royally f**ked up his chance of being Sunderland's number 1.

Good keeper, should now be our number 1.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 3:08pm
Amid all the delight with the German victory, and the disappointment of the Poland game, only briefly noticed that Rob Elliot (& not Westwood) was called up for the Poland game to replace Given. 

What exactly is the craic here then, is the only fella playing every week gone to Ireland's number 5 ? Is there a fallout, has he retired, will he not play for MON, or is it just that MON won't pick him ? 

Surprised there hasn't been much of a reaction over this, if Trap had pulled a similar stunt, the Trap out lads would have had a field day. As for Given, Longs goal V Germany would never have happened had he (or for that matter Forde) been on goal, neither of them can simply kick the ball as far, or as accurately as Randolph or Westwood. 

I still think this decision to persist with Given will bite us in the arse, should he return for the playoffs. He was extremely flat footed again for Ozil's disallowed goal, he didn't budge when Muller hit one just wide (low, and to the corner) in the first half, an accident waiting to happen. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Amid all the delight with the German victory, and the disappointment of the Poland game, only briefly noticed that Rob Elliot (& not Westwood) was called up for the Poland game to replace Given. 

What exactly is the craic here then, is the only fella playing every week gone to Ireland's number 5 ? Is there a fallout, has he retired, will he not play for MON, or is it just that MON won't pick him ? 

Surprised there hasn't been much of a reaction over this, if Trap had pulled a similar stunt, the Trap out lads would have had a field day. As for Given, Longs goal V Germany would never have happened had he (or for that matter Forde) been on goal, neither of them can simply kick the ball as far, or as accurately as Randolph or Westwood. 

I still think this decision to persist with Given will bite us in the arse, should he return for the playoffs. He was extremely flat footed again for Ozil's disallowed goal, he didn't budge when Muller hit one just wide (low, and to the corner) in the first half, an accident waiting to happen. 

I've said this in numerous threads now over the years posting on YBIG but I've suspected there's been a major fallout dating back from the FA Cup tie with Sunderland where he refused to play with a cold despite the fact Simon Mignolet had a broken cheekbone - It's pretty obvious, KW has not started a single competitive match for either Sunderland (When MON was in charge) or Ireland (Since he took over) since.

The fact he played Sheff Wed's last game and played today also proves he wasn't injured over the Int. Period and it was pure spite to not call him up but call up David Forde. 
It's just made been so obvious there's something happening behind closed doors given all the evidence.
CoffeeBean View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoffeeBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 6:21pm
It is plain as day that O'Neill has a beef with Westwood great professional that O'Neill is.  Given will play in the play-offs along with Whelan as O'Neill is a stubborn man. The sight of Given in goal makes me mad but even madder at O'Neill cos he picked him. Our set-up is a sad joke!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic