Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keiran Westwood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 8:53am
He could do with a move to the EPL, but there aren't many clubs who obviously need a keeper (other than Arsenal, can't see him going there). Newcastle would be one, if they decided Harper was not good enough, Birmingham another if City don't lend them Joe hart, as has been reported. Other than than, he could be looking at going to an EPL club and sitting on the bench, if that were the case he would be better off staying put.
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 9:14am
Good test for him today against 2 talented strikers in Philips and Zigic. Made a great save from a header from Philips a few minutes ago

Edited by Kerrzy - 29 Jan 2011 at 9:15am
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 9:18am

I see Steve Oggie has said on the BBC this morning that he thinks Westwood cane become on of the greats. Lets hope so.

There are friendlier places to drink.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 5:55pm
Just had a look to see how Locke has been rating him every week in his thread, couldn't find any ratings from all the Sheffield wednesdsy games he watched on his android box this season

Locke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 7:12pm
You won't find any ratings for any player all season
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 7:25pm
According to stats their performances have been pretty much equal, Westwood just edges it but not by much.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/12965/Show/Keiren-Westwood

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/22295/Show/David-Forde

I'd go with Forde as he's never let us down.
Locke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

According to stats their performances have been pretty much equal, Westwood just edges it but not by much.

Forde cost us against Sweden with an awful error...and every game he has a panic attack moment.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Locke Locke wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Forde cost us against Sweden with an awful error...and every game he has a panic attack moment.

Get out of it, one mistake in the last campaign and your all over him? Sure Westwood shipped 6 past him against Germany last time around too, and some of them were saves he could/should have saved / atleast done better with.

Whats your problem coming on here and sh*tting all over the players?
Locke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 6:49am
Westwood couldn't have done a thing about the six Germany got ffs.
Forde has done better than I could have every foreseen...but he is a liability.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 9:33am

Are you serious? 2nd and 4th goals were completely on him. His positioning was woeful! What was he doing on the edge of his box for both?!? Should have been holding his line.

The 6th was also bad, a good shot stopper would have got something to it.

Locke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 10:23am
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Are you serious? 2nd and 4th goals were completely on him. His positioning was woeful! What was he doing on the edge of his box for both?!? Should have been holding his line.

The 6th was also bad, a good shot stopper would have got something to it.

I wouldnt agree but its all about opinions.
I just think Westwood is #1...Given cant be viewed as a long term soloution he is what 38 and Forde isnt far behind...we should be bedding KW in till someone like a Lawlor steps up. I just dont see why he isnt even considered(KW)...when there is talk of Forde being dropped why would you replace him with a sub gk.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 10:53am
When Westwood finally gets his chance it won't be long before you are looking for him to be replaced, Locke you are like a broken record at this stage same old drivel and it's boring to read, do you not get a bit bored writing it?

You have discussed other players how well they are doing this season who are in the epl yet you have never commented on how well Westwood has done this season not once! Calling your bluff on all these times you've seen him play for Wednesday this season.

I have no doubt he is a good GK but he shouldn't be thrown into a game of this importance and there is no way Martin will do it so let's just move on.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 11:41am
I doubt Locke has watched KW once this season.

Usual tripe, ruining the forum.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Locke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 11:44am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I doubt Locke has watched KW once this season.

Usual tripe, ruining the forum.

What ever makes you sleep easier.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 12:07pm
My main concern is the amount of tripe you write on this forum and get away with it.

It's trolling, the amount of good posters that don't post any more is a concern.

You don't even go the games FFS
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 12:07pm
I saw Westwood in Hillsborugh v Boro in February he is in superb form.

Pal from Wednesdayite rates him as highly as any keeper that has been at the club.

Forde has been superb for the last few years but even Shay wants a game this weekend.Smile

Interesting decision for MON.
Locke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

My main concern is the amount of tripe you write on this forum and get away with it.

It's trolling, the amount of good posters that don't post any more is a concern.

You don't even go the games FFS

The thing is Im not your concern...you bore the hell out of me, but I ignore you..why you fell the need to engage me is silly now at this stage..you pull posters a every opp you get.
    Listen if the mods feel Im dragging this forum down they have my perrmission to disable my account. And you can go about your business of policing this forum.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 1:26pm
Thing is Locke you have been banned yet you came back again. You just love knocking players all the time, if you just admit you haven't seen Westwood this season then you can save yourself!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic