You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

People from Cork

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Proving what an embarrasment Cork are to the nation

Some shower alright.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 3:10pm
Ye easily embarrassed lads, that statement was hilarious though, hopefully it's a sign that Frank and his boyos are coming under serious pressure.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/93-of-rented-homes-in-cork-fail-living-standard-inspections-345353.html?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

Wow, that's shocking. 93% is an unbelievable figure. Be interesting to see what gets done about it.

to be fair I rent out a house myself and got a 5 page report on what needed to be upgraded to bring it up to standards, some things are trivial like your smoke alarm must be connected to the mains, upstairs windows must open out as to be used as a fire escape. Carbon monoxide alarm to be fitted, ventilation in all rooms you would be suprised the things that could be included dosn't mean the places are falling down.

Are all of the items you listed not genuine health and safety issues as opposed to being trivial inconveniences? You'd surely make sure they were in your own house so why not in a house someone else lives in.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 3:55pm
Have to say I thought that when originally posted, minimum requirements I would have felt!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 7:11pm
Thought experiment: have a look at that list and see how many apply to your home house. If it's a bungalow, obviously the upstairs things don't count.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 12:08am
I would say just about every house around UCC is a sh*thole and because 'they are only students', nobody does f**k all
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 10:14am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I would say just about every house around UCC is a sh*thole and because 'they are only students', nobody does f**k all

It was the same around UL when I was in college, some of the conditions were horrific (Even by Limerick standards)
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 10:21am

It was the same around UL when I was in college, some of the conditions were horrific (Even by Limerick standards)

same could be said for places around WIT in the late 90s early 00s. There was some absolute kips in Lismore Park and further into town in places like manor st. Changed quite a bit whebitn halls of residence were built.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 10:26am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

same could be said for places around WIT in the late 90s early 00s. There was some absolute kips in Lismore Park and further into town in places like manor st. Changed quite a bit whebitn halls of residence were built.

Ya the on-campus accommodation was way nicer but you had inspections and had to sign in visitors and other sh*te like that so people were happier to live in a kip with a bit of freedom.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 10:27am

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Ya the on-campus accommodation was way nicer but you had inspections and had to sign in visitors and other sh*te like that so people were happier to live in a kip with a bit of freedom.

i never signed in   
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 1:53pm
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 8:14pm
Link not working
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 7:14am
Saw this elsewhere, while he meant well I couldn't help but be offended by the patronising tone of his facebook post.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic