You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

People from Cork

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 1:47pm
Tis a half and half up this way. And aye, rotten.
@AntrimMan85
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 2:37pm
Thought it was called a "Long Tray".
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

My local Chinese does a 4 in 1; Chicken, Rice, Curry, Chips and a 5 in 1; Chicken, Pork, Rice, Curry, Chips and if you asked nicely and paid extra they'd probably chuck in some beef to make it a 7 in 1.
Maths not your strong point??  
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Chips, cheese and gravy is the daddy. Known as 'Poutine' in Canada, it originates from the Isle of Man. Great gear altogether.

Never tried it when I lived there, the Canucks were all raving about it but cheese and gravy together
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

My local Chinese does a 4 in 1; Chicken, Rice, Curry, Chips and a 5 in 1; Chicken, Pork, Rice, Curry, Chips and if you asked nicely and paid extra they'd probably chuck in some beef to make it a 7 in 1.

Maths not your strong point??  

Clearly not
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Chips, cheese and gravy is the daddy. Known as 'Poutine' in Canada, it originates from the Isle of Man. Great gear altogether.

Never tried it when I lived there, the Canucks were all raving about it but cheese and gravy together

that's what I originally thought too Wink

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

A sensible description of it

But yeah ,fkn disgusting
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 12:57pm
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/93-of-rented-homes-in-cork-fail-living-standard-inspections-345353.html?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

Wow, that's shocking. 93% is an unbelievable figure. Be interesting to see what gets done about it.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 4:14pm
Would it be harsh to say it's good enough for them?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Is it called that just to keep everybody happy 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 2:09am

Thought it was called a "Long Tray".

Have heard it called that too. It's called a trio where I live.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 11:08am
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/93-of-rented-homes-in-cork-fail-living-standard-inspections-345353.html?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

Wow, that's shocking. 93% is an unbelievable figure. Be interesting to see what gets done about it.

to be fair I rent out a house myself and got a 5 page report on what needed to be upgraded to bring it up to standards, some things are trivial like your smoke alarm must be connected to the mains, upstairs windows must open out as to be used as a fire escape. Carbon monoxide alarm to be fitted, ventilation in all rooms you would be suprised the things that could be included dosn't mean the places are falling down.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:27pm
Are most Cork people tight with money?

Anytime I'm working, its always Cork people looking for free entry.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Are most Cork people tight with money?

Anytime I'm working, its always Cork people looking for free entry.

ah go away its more than likely that kerry crowd. there's a right tight bunch around rathmore
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 10:16pm
Cork County Board wrote:

The Executive of Cork County Board would like to express its sincere thanks to Brian Cuthbert for his two years at the helm of the Cork Senior Football team.

Brian made great strides with a largely new-look team playing excellent football, and steered them through two successful Allianz League campaigns which saw them top the league in both years, reaching the semi-final in 2014 and the final in 2015. The 2015 campaign was particularly arduous given that it involved an unprecedented four trips to play Ulster teams away.

The tremendous performance of the team in the drawn Munster Final has been widely acknowledged, and it is quite probable that but for a totally wrong refereeing decision in that game, Cork would now be in an All-Ireland Semi-Final. The short  turn-around time between the replay, played in exhausting weather conditions, and the qualifier game against Kildare, cannot be ignored as a factor in that defeat.

Brian also served as a selector with Conor Counihan, and guided the Cork Minor Footballers to the county’s last Munster title at that level in 2010, going on to reach the All-Ireland Final. In addition, he has worked extensively with the Rebel Óg Academy development squads over a number of years, including chairing the Committee that established the current structures of the County Under-Age Development Squad system, having consulted widely and obtained opinion and input from professional experts including Dr Liam Hennessy, Dr John Considine, Sean McGrath, MSc - et al, on the requirements for success in modern day sport.

In all these roles, Brian was acting as an unpaid volunteer, as are all Cork team managers, coaches and selectors. As Senior manager, he left no stone unturned in his efforts to bring success to Cork, despite facing regular, unjustified and personalised abusive criticism from certain elements of the media and which has continued since he has stepped down as manager.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 10:17pm
Proving what an embarrasment Cork are to the nation
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 10:35pm
f**k off my friend is from Cork and he just got us into a student night and bought me a pint! Up the rebels! Up cork boy! Up Langer land! Down the 41 hi!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 03 Aug 2015 at 10:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic