Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darron Gibson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 250>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 3:16am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

watched it with a man u lad ( i.e someone from manchester ) we both thought gibson was excellent , the man u lad said he prefers gibson to carrick , pity he didnt score with one of those shots, its becoming a real trade mark
thought he started well,needs to hit the target more often with them,caught 2 or 3 on the button but were off target
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 3:27am
his passing was good too , long ones and short ones , rarely going astray
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 5:37am
Gibson got the highest rating for any of the Utd players.
http://www.goal.com/en/match/50380/man-utd-vs-rangers/player-ratings

Teamtalk Your Say also give a mixed bag for Gibson.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 6:02am
On guardian football, there were several comments from United fans, saying that they don't rate Gibson, and that he would be better suited to a non top 4 club. 
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 6:04am

Would agree with that Tweetering

Team like sunland would suit him more.Never gonna be a regular manu player
city4life View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote city4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 7:38am
he is not a top 4 player but what the hell is green?useless thats what!gibson way better.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 9:10am
have lost faith in green , gibson far better going by current form
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Billy O'Toole View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy O'Toole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 1:13pm
Paul Hyland in the Herald tonight saying how good he was v Rangers last nightConfused..and Trap should sit up and take note...unbelievable slow news day for Paul
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count
garytwigg21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garytwigg21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 1:26pm
Thought he played well last night, few decent passes and good long range shots that he nearly scored with. Can't see how Trap continues with Green over him at this stage, the only conclusion i can come to is if he was playing more games that there would be no contest. Might get a run in the United team with the form their on at the moment which can only help his cause for inclusion Thumbs%20Up.
This time next year........
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 4:48pm
Gibson had a good game last night i thought, without setting the world alight. He passed at the right times whereas before he would shoot far too often. Nearly had a couple of goals from long range too. I had a lot of doubts about him but he has been making steady progress. Ferguson obviously rates him or he wouldn't start him in a Champions League opener. There will be more first team opportunities for him at United and if you look at the improvement Darren Fletcher has made there compared to how he was 3/4 years ago it's easy to see how Gibson could yet develop into an excellent player.

If he puts in another couple of solid performances he really should be pushing for a starting place ahead of Green for Russia, but Trap's stubbornness might prevent that happening.

May i suggest the Loan to Stoke part be taken out of this thread title - looks off the cards now.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 5:54pm
He doesn't tackle,work hard,demand the ball off his team mates,pass the ball well enough,impose himself on any game Ive watched,he has a far too high opinion of himself for someone who has achieved nothing,has done nothing to warrant starting for Ireland and is nowhere near good enough to be a regular started for United.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Billy O'Toole Billy O'Toole wrote:

Paul Hyland in the Herald tonight saying how good he was v Rangers last nightConfused..and Trap should sit up and take note...unbelievable slow news day for Paul

eh, are you seriously questioning the views of Hylo? How dare you.

Personally, I still dont think the lad contrls the game enough for a centre mid at the top level. maybe this is something he'll gain from playing more first team games but he needs to dominate a game for 90 minutes and not just here and there.

davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 6:13pm
I think Gibson is going to have a big big game for Ireland soon.

I can see it coming. Russia would be a good opportunity.

Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

I think Gibson is going to have a big big game for Ireland soon.

I can see it coming. Russia would be a good opportunity.

unless we have injuries, or Gibson starts playing first team week in week out for United between now and then, there is no way he is ready for Russia next month.

seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

On guardian football, there were several comments from United fans, saying that they don't rate Gibson, and that he would be better suited to a non top 4 club. 

Four or five years ago a section of United fans were saying the same thing about Fletcher, now look at him. Think people need to give Gibson some more time, he's in the right place at OT.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 6:24pm
But I really do think (and hope) he is going to get a good amount of gametime.

Would love to see him score for Ireland.
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

Four or five years ago a section of United fans were saying the same thing about Fletcher, now look at him. Think people need to give Gibson some more time, he's in the right place at OT.

Exactly. Gibson is a better player now than he was 12 months ago. I thought he passed the ball quite well last night. Obviously he's not going to become a first choice for United over the next few months but i think with all the games coming up in the Carling Cup, CL and Premiership he will get more opportunities. It won't happen overnight but given time i think he has the potential to develop a lot further.

If he does feature more at club level and does well i think the least he should expect is a start against Norway in the friendly.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 6:38pm
Judging by Trap's selections for games, he's probably looking more at the games next Feb and March, the first game in the four nations tournament or even the Macedonia home qualifier and even then it will probably more to do with injuries to Whelan/Green/Andrews then too.

Would love to see him and McCarthy starting against Norway though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 250>
  Share Topic