You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darron Gibson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 250>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:42pm
He could afford a taxi. If he knows he is drunk, he shouldn't go out.

That being said though, he is not the first professional footballer to let the sauce get the better of him.

The thing was, he was always knocking on the door of becoming a mainstream United player,  he was best of mates with Wayne Rooney. It must be so agonising to come that close and end up where he has.

Most of us could only dream of a living as a Championship footballer but, for Gibson, he probably sees it as a failure.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 2:13pm
Injuries have blighted his career, I wonder does alcohol play a factor with these injuries?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 2:20pm
Do you mean causing them or the abuse of alcohol in the recovery period HB?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 3:00pm
Both really.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 3:10pm
I don't think alcohol causes repetitive knee injuries... He's missed about half his career as a result of serious injuries, that is the primary reason he has failed to fulfil his potential. Whatever issues with alcoholism that may have arisen in recent times are after the fact; probably more to do with the amount of time he's spent out of the game than the other way around.
We're decent enough..
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 3:17pm
It could suggest that he hasn't exactly looked after himself as best as he could, which might cause repetitive injuries though. I would say it's a case of both, with the misuse of it during his recovery coming from using it as a coping mechanism, which happens quite a lot with sports people.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I don't think alcohol causes repetitive knee injuries... He's missed about half his career as a result of serious injuries, that is the primary reason he has failed to fulfil his potential. Whatever issues with alcoholism that may have arisen in recent times are after the fact; probably more to do with the amount of time he's spent out of the game than the other way around.

I do wonder about this. I always remember Keane did his cruciate against Leeds after having been drinking heavily the week before. If I've been out boozing, and play football or exercise myself soon after, I tend to feel my body is weaker and more rickety. It'd be interesting to see any study on this. No doubt the injuries would certainly exacerbate any tendancy to drink heavily once they occur but I'd suspect lifestyle could be a factor in the original cause of serious injuries too. This is a general comment as I've no idea about Gibson's lifestyle.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:03pm
I tore my hamstring twice. Both times after a heavy session.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:23pm
**** should never have been allowed to drive again after hitting the cyclist, as he has previous I don't see how anyone can have sympathy for him. Lock him up

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

**** should never have been allowed to drive again after hitting the cyclist, as he has previous I don't see how anyone can have sympathy for him. Lock him up
I’d like to think that locking people up for any crime has three elements to it. Firstly to enable them to rehabilitate, secondly to keep them away from the society to which they are a danger and thirdly as punishment. I don’t think the first two are appropriate in this case unless he is locked up in a residential rehab for alcoholics. As regards punishment, he will likely be loaded for the rest of his life anyway. A month out isn’t going to do him much harm. He needs something other than the slammer.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It could suggest that he hasn't exactly looked after himself as best as he could, which might cause repetitive injuries though. I would say it's a case of both, with the misuse of it during his recovery coming from using it as a coping mechanism, which happens quite a lot with sports people.

There's nothing to suggest that looking after himself was a huge issue earlier in his career though. He's just terribly injury prone. The personal issues only seem to arise when he's out injured; when he's played regularly there's been no real suggestion that he wasn't looking after himself. That hasn't stopped him from getting injured again though..... In all honesty I think he's just a mix of terribly unlucky and not very intelligent, the second point being vital when it comes to dealing with the setbacks entailed by the first.
We're decent enough..
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:22pm
@inlikeflynn - He is a danger to society. Firstly, there was the hit and run, and now this. He should be locked up and banned from driving for life.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:24pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:29pm
Chris Coleman said on Friday that Gibbo was a few sessions away from a comeback.

Definitely interpreted it the wrong way LOL

Edited by coyne - 19 Mar 2018 at 6:29pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

I’d like to think that locking people up for any crime has three elements to it. Firstly to enable them to rehabilitate, secondly to keep them away from the society to which they are a danger and thirdly as punishment. I don’t think the first two are appropriate in this case unless he is locked up in a residential rehab for alcoholics. As regards punishment, he will likely be loaded for the rest of his life anyway. A month out isn’t going to do him much harm. He needs something other than the slammer.

But this is not a first offence. Maybe if he had to have served a bit of time after the first one it just may have been the the kick in the arse he needed to sort himself out.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 7:24pm
@@@

Edited by inlikeflynn - 19 Mar 2018 at 9:20pm
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 7:56pm

Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

[QUOTE=Shoco] **** should never have been allowed to drive again after hitting the cyclist, as he has previous I don't see how anyone can have sympathy for him. Lock him up
Get him off the road with a 20 year ban, yes. But what good is it going to do Gibson or society to put him in prison?

Edited by inlikeflynn - 19 Mar 2018 at 9:19pm
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:05am
He has broken the law twice now. Whether it does him any good, personally, is irrelevant.

There has to be a custodial sentence now and there should be an automatic life time driving ban.

There are too many innocent people killed at the hands of drink drivers, and then you have this spoilt fcuker driving at 60 in a residential 30 zone during the day. He is lucky there weren't kids out playing or this could have been an awful tragedy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 250>
  Share Topic