Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 104>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Such a fooking baby with his comments after the nations league draw. Been piling the pressure on kenny as much as possible - classless enough by him

What's he said?
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 3:46am
Maybe I havent heard the full interview but I fail to see what was so classless in his comments?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 8:14am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Such a fooking baby with his comments after the nations league draw. Been piling the pressure on kenny as much as possible - classless enough by him
How dare you question Mick! No prouder Irishman , I was told . All for the country. Not about him at all!😙
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 8:35am
What? 

I have no idea how his comments could be seen as pilling on the pressure.

He gave his opinion on the teams which most would agree with, unless there is part of the interview I haven't seen
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 8:56am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

What? 

He gave his opinion on the teams which most would agree with, unless there is part of the interview I haven't seen

No way would he have said he couldn’t have gotten an easier draw if he was in charge for the games. Respect the opposition and all that. He was acting more as a pundit. 

People will forget fairly quick I’d agree and won’t make a difference 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

What? 

No way would he have said he couldn’t have gotten an easier draw if he was in charge for the games. Respect the opposition and all that. He was acting more as a pundit. 

Agree. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

What? 

Agree. 
I also agree if this is the case, can someone link me to a transcript of the interview please
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

[QUOTE=irishmufc][QUOTE=Pipkin][QUOTE=lassassinblanc]What? 

I also agree if this is the case, can someone link me to a transcript of the interview please

Edit - the key line, I believe is:  Speaking after the draw, McCarthy said: "That draw was as good as we could have got. If Stephen Kenny was watching back home he will be very happy".

Edited by Fozz - 05 Mar 2020 at 3:23pm
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 3:50pm

Bigging up Whelan, with favourable mentions for Byrne and Cullen. "We are very well served in that central midfield role at the moment.”, according to Mick. 

No mention of James McCarthy's MOTM performance at the weekend, so safe to assume he won't be featuring in the upcoming games.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 09 Mar 2020 at 3:51pm
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Bigging up Whelan, with favourable mentions for Byrne and Cullen. "We are very well served in that central midfield role at the moment.”, according to Mick. 

No mention of James McCarthy's MOTM performance at the weekend, so safe to assume he won't be featuring in the upcoming games.

also says mcclean will be back for the game Cry
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

He stated: “James has told me he is very close to a return to action with West Brom after his knee injury while Enda was taken off early in the second half of Sheffield United’s 1-0 win over Norwich on Saturday with some tightness in his calf.

McClean plays for Stoke Confused

Million quid a year for this sh*te. 

Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 4:22pm
Bawbag
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

I suspect that Mick is looking for the team that got us to this point will be the team that will continue to play. 

Whelan, Mcclean, hendrick etc for me will play. So he's chosen one of thetwo gambles here - 

1. Play the same underperforming team in the hope that this time it'll work 
2. Gamble on a new player that are in form (cullen, molumby, etc) in the hope they'll do better.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 11:58pm
These reports are a bit of a propaganda/managing expectations exercise, basically flagging who is in & out, and there's usually maybe one surprise or contentious inclusion on the day. There's still far too many players in the likely squad not playing at the minute, not that there is much Mick can do about that, but as regards changes or new additions, that's a corner he has backed himself into with no assistance from anyone. 

Possible starting team in bold. 

Randolph- Not playing. 
Travers/O'Hara (with his ban) likewise, not playing. 
Doherty- Same as the last 2 years, probably our most in-form player. 
Only going to play if Coleman isn't fit. Christie is mainly playing for Fulham the past few weeks. 
Duffy- Not first choice for club, has played an odd game with injuries/suspensions to others, but not as many as either he or Mick would like. 
Egan- playing every week, possibly our next most in-form player
Long- On bench for Burnley, as ever
Lenihan- injured at minute ? Hasn't played in Blackburn's last 2 or 3
Next one up ? Collins on bench at Stoke or Pearce on bench at Millwall ? Probably only name the 3 CBs. 
Stevens- playing every week, slight injury doubt
If he's injured, really don't know. Williams has played one game since December, Cunningham injured, Clark injured, Brady could play there but isn't playing for Burnley, maybe Manning gets call up as cover this time ? Very unlikely to start regardless. 
McClean- injured but will show up anyway. Which is probably just as well, as none of his competition for that place are doing anything much either. O'Dowda in & out of team, think Robinson more suited to right, Brady not playing, maybe Maguire stays in squad as cover for this position rather than CF cover
Hourihane- gets minutes most weeks, not too many starts though
Hendrick- playing every week
Whelan- playing in L1 every week
Of the rest, Cullen playing every week, Byrne playing well for Shamrock Rovers, they will both be in, while McCarthy (playing every week) and Arter (now back in Fulham team) probably lose out. Unlikely the likes of Molumby or Knight make it to final squad, but both also playing every week
Long/Robinson The only position on the team up for grabs, probably between these 2, at least both are playing. 
McGoldrick- back after injury, making appearances, not yet back as first 11 for SU.
Hogan- now our most in-form goalscorer
Maguire- might stay in squad due to being able to play on left
Collins- still tipping away at Luton, not an international footballer though. 
Obafemi- mainly sub for club, odd start here & there. 

Something like;
Randolph/O'Hara/Travers
Doc/Christie (Coleman/Doc if Coleman fit)
Duffy/Egan/K Long/ maybe one other
Stevens/if not him, I think Brady or McClean steps in at LB and not say, Manning. 
McClean/Maguire
Hourihane/Whelan/Hendrick/Byrne/Cullen
Robinson/Long
McGoldrick/Hogan - 
That's 20, and I think because of possible injuries to left sided players, the remaining 3 will be Brady, O'Dowda and maybe one other forward, we'd like to see Obafemi, so Mick will pick Collins. There might be one surprise, say McCarthy, Knight or Molumby, but tis really just tokenism. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 12:03am
you forgot Browne who is a cert 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 12:17am
I did, apologies, Browne is indeed a cert. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 7:06pm
Can see this happening for a myriad of reasons no more so as no way all playoffs will go ahead:

Ideal scenario for the Kenny/McCarthy fiasco

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 9:58am

Can see this happening for a myriad of reasons no more so as no way all playoffs will go ahead:

Ideal scenario for the Kenny/McCarthy fiasco

Yeah, were looking at a long period in limbo, unless the Slovakia game goes ahead and we get knocked out there and then.  I feel that game, and all playoffs, will be cancelled and we're looking at an extended period of no football.
We could see the leagues resume in a few months and play thru' Summer to finish, or just be scrapped and look to resume as normal in the Autumn.
We're now in a period of wild speculation which is all I have engaged in to no result Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 104>
  Share Topic