Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 104>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:16pm
According to Roy Keane himself and MON were delighted with the performance away to Denmark in Aarhus. That says a lot about the direction we were going.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I stand by that yes. 

To this point - I think results would be identical.

Not a chance. Youre talking smack.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

According to Roy Keane himself and MON were delighted with the performance away to Denmark in Aarhus. That says a lot about the direction we were going.

But thats Trapattoni above the Jurassic Park logo. He is looking well.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

I stand by that yes. 

Not a chance. Youre talking smack.

Enlighten me - what results would we have got.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:22pm

I stand by that yes. 

Maybe in 2016. But not now.

If you ignore all the football played after November 2016, you might have a point.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:34pm

Image result for martin o neill dinosaur
Sportsfile:  Martin O'Neill and assistant Roy Keane look on from the bench as Ireland lose to Denmark 5-1.  PHOTO: Liam Maher
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:36pm
TJ, take a bow!

Simply marvellous.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:02pm

I stand by that yes. 

Get up the yard. Marty’s goose was well cooked long before he left.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:20am

Sportsfile:  Martin O'Neill and assistant Roy Keane look on from the bench as Ireland lose to Denmark 5-1.  PHOTO: Liam Maher

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 4:11am

I stand by that yes. 

O’ Neill wouldn’t even have eleven fully willing and committed players by this point, ffs. His goose was well and truly cooked. 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 4:14am

A snooze-fest where we rarely got out of our own half, and couldn’t hold on to the ball - and those two spoofers were pleased?? Give me strength! Confused

Edited by Fitz - 08 Oct 2019 at 4:15am
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:27am

Right. 

Playoff away to Denmark - draw 
Mick in Denmark - draw 

Home to top seeds - mick and MON draw
MON away to Wales - win 
MON away in Austria - win 
Home win v Germany 
Home win v Bosnia 

Now you're telling me Mick is a saviour for a 1-0 in Fraggle rock and a slight home win against same opposition. 

Jesus lads - yes it has been better but take off the blinkers here.

We qualify top 2 - huge improvement 

We go playoffs - what's new?

You're right and you're wrong. Martin O'Neill from 3-4 years ago may well indeed have gotten better results than Mick in this campaign. MON from his last year in charge would have had us out of running by now. 

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:24am

Right. 

Mick in Denmark - draw 

MON away to Wales - win 
Home win v Germany 
Home win v Bosnia 

Now you're telling me Mick is a saviour for a 1-0 in Fraggle rock and a slight home win against same opposition. 

2016 MON would have got the same or better results. 2018 MON not a f**king hope. And no one is basing the improvement on the fairly abject performances against Gibraltar. Home to Georgia the way we were playing could have seen us drop points. Away to Denmark would probably have been a narrow defeat and home to the Swiss the same. If not by 2-3 goals. We were rudderless in the end. Devoid of tactics and direction. MON just stuck 11 men on the 18 yard line and hoped for the best. Then when challenged basically said we are sh*te what do you want me to do.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 9:20am

Right. 

Mick in Denmark - draw 

MON away to Wales - win 
Home win v Germany 
Home win v Bosnia 

MON was vinegar at the end.
MM may not be Chateauneuf du Pape but he is at least a Vino Sol or a Santa Rita.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 9:28am

LOLClap
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 11:23am
McCarthy has always placed huge importance on game time.  I remember him selecting Alan Kelly ahead of Given last time because Given wasn't playing for Newcastle.  And in modern football match sharpness is king.  
Robbie Brady has done little in an Irish shirt in 3 years unfortunately.  I like they guy but he's underachieved and only played 2 PL games this season.  He's never played more than 17 games in the 4 season's he's been at Burnley and while I know he's been injured for some of that he's simply not been good enough. 
I've always like Clark but you have to say there's always a mistake in him and he played 9 games in total last season and 2 this season, his first PL game was on Sunday so Mick can't be criticised for not picking him.  
Shane Long, were do you start, world class on his day and he'll run to the ends of the earth but his time has passed I feel.  Not scored for Ireland since Moldova in 2016, 6 appearances this season, no goals, 36 club goals since 2013-14 season, 12 in the last 3 are not brilliant stats.  
We're championing Jack Byrne being in the squad/team yet he's LOI so by your logic he shouldn't be in it.  We've also lauded Iceland, the North and Wales in recent times yet they're full of League 1 and Championship players.  Being a Premier League player should not make you an automatic pick, especially if you're not playing or not doing it. 

Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 11:34am
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

McCarthy has always placed huge importance on game time.  I remember him selecting Alan Kelly ahead of Given last time because Given wasn't playing for Newcastle.  And in modern football match sharpness is king.  
Robbie Brady has done little in an Irish shirt in 3 years unfortunately.  I like they guy but he's underachieved and only played 2 PL games this season.  He's never played more than 17 games in the 4 season's he's been at Burnley and while I know he's been injured for some of that he's simply not been good enough. 
I've always like Clark but you have to say there's always a mistake in him and he played 9 games in total last season and 2 this season, his first PL game was on Sunday so Mick can't be criticised for not picking him.  
Shane Long, were do you start, world class on his day and he'll run to the ends of the earth but his time has passed I feel.  Not scored for Ireland since Moldova in 2016, 6 appearances this season, no goals, 36 club goals since 2013-14 season, 12 in the last 3 are not brilliant stats.  
We're championing Jack Byrne being in the squad/team yet he's LOI so by your logic he shouldn't be in it.  We've also lauded Iceland, the North and Wales in recent times yet they're full of League 1 and Championship players.  Being a Premier League player should not make you an automatic pick, especially if you're not playing or not doing it. 

Explain Kevin long,Alan Judge and Scott Hogan 

Edited by Fruice - 08 Oct 2019 at 11:35am
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 11:56am
Judge has played 10 games, Hogan 9 and scored 3 goals while Long is a centre half crisis situation and until last Sunday had played the same number of club games as Clark. He also has the advantage of playing with Egan for that friendly.  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 104>
  Share Topic