You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 104>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Still think there is no logic whatsoever to Mick only staying until Euro 2020. If he does well then he will surely want a stab at World Cup qualification also.

1.2 million reasons to think otherwise.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Sponsored Links

cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Apparently Mick has been in the dark over this . Possible turning into a sh*t show
Has anybody other than Quinn reported it?
Quinn is a veteran reporter around the Irish scene, going back over 30 years, and I'd imagine would have McCarthy's ear. 

I'd be surprised if he's wrong here. 

He writes for the Daily Mail

McC camp no longer in dark according to latest tweet

What spoof was it Quinn came out with few weeks ago? drawing a blank
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Apparently Mick has been in the dark over this . Possible turning into a sh*t show
Has anybody other than Quinn reported it?
Quinn is a veteran reporter around the Irish scene, going back over 30 years, and I'd imagine would have McCarthy's ear. 

I'd be surprised if he's wrong here. 

He writes for the Daily Mail

McC camp no longer in dark according to latest tweet

What spoof was it Quinn came out with few weeks ago? drawing a blank

He said Rice is considering playing for England because Roy Keane sl*gged him off.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 9:03pm
 ah yeah. sound
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 9:04pm

John Delaney so admired the way FIFA announced the hosts of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups on the same day, and all the backroom bribes and trade offs that went hand in hand with it, that he decided to copy it.

It's the most sleeveen move he's pulled yet. Pure stroke politics. 

McCarthy is the right appointment. Kenny 2020 is a political sop to appease the League of Ireland constituency.

Playing stroke politics with the Ireland team.  

For FFS sake. Pinch

if I was Mick I'd tell Delaney to go and fook himself over this glorified caretaker offer.

Totally agree that the whole thing is stroke politics. It is an absolute sh*tshow and no doubt it will be enough to keep the majority happy if it somehow plays out as being reported. The whole thing seems bizarre though, because unless Kenny has a written contract for his new role that starts in 2020, none of this holds any weight. If he does have that contract, has something like this ever happened before? By that I mean having the contracts signed 1/2 years in advance, not the forward planning part of it which has obviously happened in plenty of scenarios.

McCarthy is the right appointment LOL LOL LOL You're on fire Sid.

If this is all as reported, well it just shows that McCarthy knows his hand is extremely weak and he'll take whatever is on offer really. The FAI and McCarthy both know that he'll accept any setup, as who the hell else is actually going to offer him such a contract.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

who the hell else is actually going to offer him such a contract.

You'd swear he was John Barnes LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 10:10pm
Only the FAI would go from witnessing dinosaur football to hiring an actual dinosaur.

The sad thing is I can see this ending in tears which may ruin his legacy at Ireland which I really don’t want it to.

Can’t wait for the return of David McGoldrick. That’ll bring people back.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:02pm
Looking forward to Micks first squad Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:05pm
Citizen currently ripping up his season ticket as we speak
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Looking forward to Micks first squad Clap

Hopefully a few interesting names in it such as Rice, Crowley and whatever other half decent players he can get on board.
The only way is up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:28pm
I'd say Mick will be persuasive with Rice. I have a bit more hope that he will declare for us with this appointment but I would still think he is off.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:30pm
McCarthy is a second generation Irish man just like Rices old man, I’d be hopeful that Mick can charm him and get Rice on board. 
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:31pm
At least it wasnt Brian Kerr.

Thats a positive.

https://www.orourkeda.blog

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:32pm
Has anyone seen the online interview Dunphy did with Mick McCarthy lately?  Dunphy licking his hole after the vitriol he threw at him back when he was manager.  Absolute flute.

willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

McCarthy is a second generation Irish man just like Rices old man, I’d be hopeful that Mick can charm him and get Rice on board. 
Rice is actually third generation but hopefully Mick can get him on board
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:36pm
A horrendous appointment. Wade through all the bluffology and political moves in the background by bringing Kenny in as u21 manager, and just concentrating on the fact that Mick McCarthy is now the Irish senior manager - horrendous.

A week ago we were in a really grim place under MON. It was only a matter of time until they moved on and thankfully that came before the Euro qualifiers at least. Then came the realisation straight away that it was undoubtedly going to be McCarthy coming in to replace them. Sure who else would those morons in the FAI go for but the out of work, middling  at best championship manager, with the cherry on top being that a chunk of the support will be delighted to see his return and Mick has numerous fan boys in the media, so plenty of positive spin there. It was the only choice. 

From an actual football perspective where these decisions should be based, it's a shocker. We get what we deserve, and we will very much so get what we deserve under this management team.

Best of luck Mick.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Rice is actually third generation but hopefully Mick can get him on board

Yeah but his dad is second generation. 

McCarthy comes across as a more passionate Irish man than MON and could do a better job at making our case. 
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

A horrendous appointment. Wade through all the bluffology and political moves in the background by bringing Kenny in as u21 manager, and just concentrating on the fact that Mick McCarthy is now the Irish senior manager - horrendous.

A week ago we were in a really grim place under MON. It was only a matter of time until they moved on and thankfully that came before the Euro qualifiers at least. Then came the realisation straight away that it was undoubtedly going to be McCarthy coming in to replace them. Sure who else would those morons in the FAI go for but the out of work, middling  at best championship manager, with the cherry on top being that a chunk of the support will be delighted to see his return and Mick has numerous fan boys in the media, so plenty of positive spin there. It was the only choice. 

From an actual football perspective where these decisions should be based, it's a shocker. We get what we deserve, and we will very much so get what we deserve under this management team.

Best of luck Mick.

Crap post to be fair 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 104>
  Share Topic