You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The First Division Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 182>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durka durka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 12:22pm
it was a sh*te game, a combination of the athlone keeper and the post led to 0-0 snoozefest
"Insert Funny Comment"
Sponsored Links

Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by durka durka durka durka wrote:

it was a sh*te game, a combination of the athlone keeper and the post led to 0-0 snoozefest

well it was good for us to hold the table toppers to a draw
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Daz Daz wrote:

The ref was all over the place last night and did not have any hold on the game at all,  athlone keeper was the difference but the blues were wastefull on many chances

Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

The ref was all over the place last night and did not have any hold on the game at all,  athlone keeper was the difference but the blues were wastefull on many chances

we`ll drink a drink a drink to bennion the king the king the king hes the captain of our football team hes the greatest goalkeeper the world has ever seen
Ash. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 2:43am

Yeah, he's reffed a couple of our recent game, he's fairly poor
Larry Be Wyse

www.acsportsimages.com
durka durka View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durka durka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 11:00am

where ye playin derry?
"Insert Funny Comment"
Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 11:03am

where ye playin derry?

wasent thinking when i posted
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durka durka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 11:32am

where ye playin derry?

i remember the good old days when waterford were top of the table
"Insert Funny Comment"
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:17pm

where ye playin derry?

back to the top tonightClap
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 11:10pm
FFS Shels, 9 points off it already Cry

Edited by Honey Monster - 07 May 2010 at 11:10pm
aidz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 5:58am

Monaghan beaten by derry 1-0. 'bout 400 travelling fans.

deserved a draw of this at least. Monaghan showed too much respect to derry for the first half hour. derry got a scrappy goal after we should have cleared it. We hadnt got our first choice centre halfs for 85 mins of the game and the inexperience of our replacements showed at times. after derrys goal, monaghan had a few chances to equalise, but werent clinical enough.
The derry players knew they were in a tough game, as they celebrated after the final whistle.
thats 5 points dropped for monagahn in the last 2 games. shels next week at home. need to win that to stay up were we are.
You'll never beat the Irish
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

we are fookin poison..in saying that last night was our best performance this season IMO but not good enough..

was disappointed when keely got another season in charge and have been proved right..no hope we'll go up..
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
kent o'brockman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kent o'brockman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 1:52pm
2-0away to the youths,cummins(2)not a bad result for city,bit of confidence for derry at home next friday,gonna be a tough game.
just because i dont care doesn't mean i don't understand.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durka durka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

we are fookin poison..in saying that last night was our best performance this season IMO but not good enough..

was disappointed when keely got another season in charge and have been proved right..no hope we'll go up..

first time in 11 years waterford have taken all 3 points from tolka park. lets hope we are back to winning ways.Clap
"Insert Funny Comment"
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 4:53am

where ye playin derry?

back to the top tonightClap

Are ye now Wink
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 4:55am
Originally posted by aidz aidz wrote:

Monaghan beaten by derry 1-0. 'bout 400 travelling fans.

deserved a draw of this at least. Monaghan showed too much respect to derry for the first half hour. derry got a scrappy goal after we should have cleared it. We hadnt got our first choice centre halfs for 85 mins of the game and the inexperience of our replacements showed at times. after derrys goal, monaghan had a few chances to equalise, but werent clinical enough.
The derry players knew they were in a tough game, as they celebrated after the final whistle.
thats 5 points dropped for monagahn in the last 2 games. shels next week at home. need to win that to stay up were we are.

Dissapointed i didn't make it down to this one. Think some of supporters are getting a wee bit ahead of themselves. its a very young inexperienced team who have just started to gel and are playing really well but there will be set backs and we have to be ready for that.

For Cork on friday, can't wait.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Still early but the outlook looks brutal. Any rumours of him getting the chops at all??

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 4:18pm
Nah. A lot of fans want him out on the shels forum. In fairness letting him go ain't gonna rescue our season. Another manager will have to come in and take time to sort the mess out.

He should have never been given another term in charge. A great man who rescued the club from the point of extinsion in 2007 when he assembled a squad in a matter of days but it was time for him to move on last November and he didn't
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 182>
  Share Topic