Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The First Division Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 182>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 6:15pm
We were robbed 2nite. Cork were there for the taking and we didn't take advantage. Ref was a joke as always - we had 3 stone wall peno decisions go against us. Great atmosphere though
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sponsored Links

Ash. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 3:24am
To be honest I was quite disappointed with Shels, Cork and Derry from the games against us. Being the "bigger names" in the division I expected ye to be better and I as raging we didnt get more out of the 3 games
Larry Be Wyse

www.acsportsimages.com
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 4:49am
Yeah I'd agree with ya ash..we were pants last week against u boys. Cork really were nothing special and I haven't seen Derry in action as yet so can't comment.

Still early days though. We looked muck in the 1st series of games last season then won 9 on the bounce in the 2nd series so I won't write us off yet. We're the only team still unbeaten in the division so we need to start turning all these draws into wins..
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 4:51am
Draws are really no good and terribly frustrating.  Who was the ref Gaz?
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 4:55am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Draws are really no good and terribly frustrating.  Who was the ref Gaz?

Dunno FW. from were I was sitting we should have had 1 absolute stone wall peno and there were 2 others that I believed we should have gotten. He was sh*te all night to be honest. Gave us frees for nothing and same with cork.

In the past 2 seasons I can honestly say these shower are worse than I see in the united church leagues on a Saturday - no exaggeration. It's as if they want to be the centre of attention in games and can't just let a match flow. And then with last night just downright bad refereeing. Blood boiling stuff
kent o'brockman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kent o'brockman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

We were robbed 2nite. Cork were there for the taking and we didn't take advantage. Ref was a joke as always - we had 3 stone wall peno decisions go against us. Great atmosphere though
 was at the game gaz,2 absolute stonewall peners alrite,first a major lunge from mulcahy i think it was,plus how they didnt see the handball is beyond me,not that i'm complaining,city fans applauding the ref when he passed next time said it all,the whole ground saw it!city could have had one too though if cummins was a bit cuter,defender nearly had jersey pulled off him,could have went to ground easily.was suprised we got something out of the game to be honest,was expecting a lot more from ye.would that be a normal attendance for shels games,must have been close on 200-250city fans there.

Edited by kent o'brockman - 17 Apr 2010 at 1:36pm
just because i dont care doesn't mean i don't understand.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 1:39pm
Yeah attendances have been poor this season. About 800 average so far at home..last season would have been around the 1,000 mark. Afaik there were 198 cork fans there so u were close enough!

We've started off poor enough this season. Not clinical in the final 3rd. Keely bought a load of strikers and doesn't know his best partnership as yet. Hopefully we'll start to gel better but in all honesty I just don't think we're good enough to win this league
kent o'brockman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kent o'brockman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 1:43pm
from what i've seen so far,waterford by far the better side in this league,couldnt see anyone beating them to title,thought 15 euro is a bit much to be paying in as well,should be ten euro max!fella selling tickets got an awful doing over it
just because i dont care doesn't mean i don't understand.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 1:51pm
Yeah 15 quid for a 1st division game is a lot IMO. Must be the most expensive in the division and more expensive than a lot of premier teams
durka durka View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durka durka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by kent o'brockman kent o'brockman wrote:

from what i've seen so far,waterford by far the better side in this league,couldnt see anyone beating them to title,thought 15 euro is a bit much to be paying in as well,should be ten euro max!fella selling tickets got an awful doing over it

The last 3 games have been tough with two very hard wins and a loss. Didnt think much of there display against limerick especially being at home. Not there usual self.
"Insert Funny Comment"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 4:01pm
Yes yes yes
Monaghan United 1-0 Waterford United
Clap
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 5:38pm
Salthill fookin robbed tonightAngry Another fookin 90th minute winner(that didn't even cross the bloody line, only one Lim fan up there thought it did) the ref gifted them two penos which they missed., and a harsh Devon red card. SICKENED.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 6:28am
Highlights of Shels v Coco pops

how we didnt get at least 1 peno is beyond meAngry
Ash. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

I haven't seen Derry in action as yet so can't comment.

They wernt great against us, their goal was down to our keeper not moving for a cross and all the defenders stand around looking at each other wondering who was going to challenge for it. If we had anything up front we'd have nicked, at least, a draw
Larry Be Wyse

www.acsportsimages.com
Bluezar View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 5:41pm
It's down to 13e this season for admission at the RSC. Concessions (OAP, Student and Unwaged) price is 8e
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 12:17pm
Cork City away this Friday for Mons. Confident enough of a result despite the long journey.
durka durka View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durka durka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Cork City away this Friday for Mons. Confident enough of a result despite the long journey.

dont know about that cork are building up a good run
"Insert Funny Comment"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by durka durka durka durka wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

dont know about that cork are building up a good run

Likewise although admitedly, we failed to put Athlone away, an excellent result against Waterford ending there unbeaten run, we should very much be on top of our game. Probably cursed it now though by beinf openly confident LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 182>
  Share Topic