You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The First Division Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 182>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 1:01pm
Can't believe Galway hung on to their clean sheet for the whole game. Couldn't have had more than 5% possession after going down to 10 men early in the second. Combination of great keeping and bad finishing done Cork in.

The Spanish CB, Portilla looks like he could be a great find.

Fair play to Cork for having 5k fans at a first division game, Waterford I think had something like 2K+. Hopefully Galway can post similar number next week at their home game. 
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Yurt Yurt wrote:

Can't believe Galway hung on to their clean sheet for the whole game. Couldn't have had more than 5% possession after going down to 10 men early in the second. Combination of great keeping and bad finishing done Cork in.

The Spanish CB, Portilla looks like he could be a great find.

Fair play to Cork for having 5k fans at a first division game, Waterford I think had something like 2K+. Hopefully Galway can post similar number next week at their home game. 

Wasn't a seat to be had at Waterford, was good to see. Was there 5 odd years ago for a Premier game and was less than a third of what was there yesterday 

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2022 at 10:56pm
A game of two halves at Terryland 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 1:57pm
Things are rotten at Bray, heard some brutal stories about Devo and Gormley last night. Lot of fans wanting them to lose, just a horrible f**king situation all round.

Have my ticket for Longford away in Monday mind, be horrible seeing four ex Bray lads and Cronin there. Genuinely not sure I'd care if we lost, would be happy for those lads. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Things are rotten at Bray, heard some brutal stories about Devo and Gormley last night. Lot of fans wanting them to lose, just a horrible f**king situation all round.

Have my ticket for Longford away in Monday mind, be horrible seeing four ex Bray lads and Cronin there. Genuinely not sure I'd care if we lost, would be happy for those lads. 
One thing i can say that was never a pen in a 100 years  for United Thumbs Down
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 2:06pm

You’d think two fellas around football as long as those two would have a club ticking over nvidic? Just not up to the modern game?
No Pasaran!
Yurt View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 3:54pm
Bray looked a mile off the team which beat Galway over 2 legs last year. They've had a tough start to the season but it's still hard to see them finishing in the top 5 which is an awful state of affairs for a club of their stature.

There's a video from an alternative angle on twitter, shows that the Bray player didn't get anything on the ball. Really didn't look like a pen from the LOITV angle but the ref had far too good a view of the incident to get it that wrong. (I understand this isn't a great point to make when talking about an LOI ref Tongue)
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

You’d think two fellas around football as long as those two would have a club ticking over nvidic? Just not up to the modern game?

That's it exactly, just stuck in the past and haven't adapted. 

And yep, the angle online shows it was a pen. Not one person there thought it was, fair play to the ref. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 5:52pm
pat Devlin only interested in his back pocket that’s the problem.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2022 at 11:21pm
Couldn't have been 350 in Longford tonight.

Lovely ground, first time there. 
Yurt View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 3:50pm
Only early days at this stage but it does look like it could well be the 3-horse race many predicted at the start of the year between Waterford, Cork and Galway. 

Everyone else apart from Athlone look like like they will be really competitive also.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Yurt Yurt wrote:

Only early days at this stage but it does look like it could well be the 3-horse race many predicted at the start of the year between Waterford, Cork and Galway. 

Everyone else apart from Athlone look like like they will be really competitive also.

Seen all three play. Thought Waterford looked the best, Galway bang average and hard to read into Cork as Bray were so bad.

Hard to read anything from one game though. Fully agree though, can't see any chance the winners come from outside that. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 4:00am
Galway will be like any successful Caulfield team and be very hard to beat while not being the most exciting team to watch.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 10:07pm
After giving away a bad own goal, The Town battled well and scored a great winner to beat Galway. You love to see it. 

Edited by Cabs88 - 25 Mar 2022 at 10:31pm
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 10:12pm
some turn ups there tonight, cork stealing a bit of a lead now.
No Pasaran!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Cabs88 Cabs88 wrote:

After giving away a bad own goal, The Town battled well and scored a great winner to beat Galway. You love to see it. 

It's was a cracking OG, he's absolutely sh*t the togs LOL

Big weekend for Cork with the other 2 losing.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 2:43pm
Had Cork & over 3.5 @2/1 and decided to double it Waterford Dead
Entertaining division this season 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 10:11am
Very tough game for City in Ferrycarrig last night. Wexford have put together a decent side this year, a couple of additions and they could make the playoffs. Anyway one round of fixtures completed for city and after playing every team once we have conceded TWO goals in total. Gilchrist has been immense for us 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 182>
  Share Topic