You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 502503504505506 524>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 11:06pm
It’s that time of the year when I get out that old Xmas favourite 

Downfall 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 11:58pm
GOLD

Matthew McConaghey plays a prospector in the 80s trying to make it rick looking for gold. True story apparently. I enjoyed it. 

Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

It’s that time of the year when I get out that old Xmas favourite 

Downfall 

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 7:25am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

GOLD

Matthew McConaghey plays a prospector in the 80s trying to make it rick looking for gold. True story apparently. I enjoyed it. 

Read that initially as Apparently I enjoyed it. 

Thought well only you would know if you did or not LOL
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 10:47am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

GOLD

Said id give this a go this morning after reading above,, Cinema app keeps opening gold 2022, gave it a go ,, an hour and a half ill never get back

Thought with Zac efron cant be that bad,,, SHOCKING,, STAY AWAY
Getting old and intolerant
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 10:59am
Its GOLD from 2016 ya simp.LOL
Zac Efron isint in it. 
Matthrw McConaghey is the lead
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 11:04am
Embarrassed LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 11:22am

Its GOLD from 2016 ya simp.LOL
Zac Efron isint in it. 
Matthrw McConaghey is the lead

I know that, i did mention that i was using the cinema app and after clicking on the one you mentioned the app keeps opening the 2022 stream,

I was just warning the rest of ya away from it
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

GOLD

Said id give this a go this morning after reading above,, Cinema app keeps opening gold 2022, gave it a go ,, an hour and a half ill never get back

He's not quite Brando.
The dark side.. And the light
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

GOLD

Thought well only you would know if you did or not LOL

He's not quite Brando.
Who is a great actor these days? There is never going to be another De Niro, Day-Lewis, Pacino, Redford, Hackman or Nicholson. The artform is completely dead. It's all homogeneous now like the music industry. The times create the man. Artists like Springsteen, Scorsese and De Niro grew up in working class, blue collar fleapits not knowing where their next meal is coming from. Life is just too comfortable now for this generation and the one preceding it, and art is suffering whether it's music, acting or anything else. Even video games are absolutely sh*te now! 

James Caan and Martin Scorsese grew up beside mobsters and thieves and priests. That's their life experience. Zac Efron's life experience is growing up beside other rich people and going to private schools.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 22 Dec 2022 at 3:41pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 8:36pm
Just watched Glass Onion there on Netflix, the sequel to Knives out. Very enjoyable!!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Just watched Glass Onion there on Netflix, the sequel to Knives out. Very enjoyable!!
Thought Knives Out was daft enough TBH.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

He's not quite Brando.
Who is a great actor these days? There is never going to be another De Niro, Day-Lewis, Pacino, Redford, Hackman or Nicholson. The artform is completely dead. It's all homogeneous now like the music industry. The times create the man. Artists like Springsteen, Scorsese and De Niro grew up in working class, blue collar fleapits not knowing where their next meal is coming from. Life is just too comfortable now for this generation and the one preceding it, and art is suffering whether it's music, acting or anything else. Even video games are absolutely sh*te now! 

James Caan and Martin Scorsese grew up beside mobsters and thieves and priests. That's their life experience. Zac Efron's life experience is growing up beside other rich people and going to private schools.
[/QUOTE]

Apparently there are actors and directors outside of the States. 

You give good film reviews so I assume you watch a lot. Do you not watch any international films? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

GOLD

Thought well only you would know if you did or not LOL

He's not quite Brando.

Have to say after watching the banshees of inisherin and the north water I have a new appreciation for Colin Farrell, two polar opposites of characters and Farrell is quality in both of them.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 8:19am
Watched Banshees of Inisheerin last night. Was a disappointment if I'm honest because I've enjoyed McDonagh's work in the past.

Was obviously an ode to the like of Synge's works of the past and is visually very effective but found the plot odd and lacked humour throughout.

Not for me
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 4:55pm
I watched The Pledge as recommended here. Slow but a good ending. Told the missus it was a Christmas film LOL, which made it better 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 8:01pm
A Simple Plan

Bill Paxton, Billy Bob Thornton and Brent Briscoe star as two brothers and their ne'er-do-well friend who discover $4m in cash in a crashed plane in the Minnesota wilderness. Great morality tale about the temptation of dirty money driving good men to bad deeds as loyalties become frayed and desperation turns to greed. Good turn by Bridget Fonda as well as somewhat of a Lady Macbeth to Bill Paxton's everyman, while Billy Bob Thornton puts in a heartbreaking shift as Paxton's lonely and troubled brother, excellently portraying the simmering tension underneath the simple-minded and genial veneer. Must've watched this wan half-a-dozen times now. 

Body Heat

On a similar noir vein, the recently departed William Hurt and Kathleen Turner have sexual chemistry that oozes off the screen as an unethical, and incompetent, lawyer and the married woman he enters into a torrid love affair with. Turner ropes Hurt into murdering her husband so they can run away together with his money. Things unravel and soon Hurt is in over his head. Inspired by Double Indemnity, this has a great noir atmosphere to it, and Hurt is perfectly cast in the main role. Recommend.

To Live and Die in L.A.

William Petersen of CSI fame stars as a secret service agent on the hunt for Willem Dafoe's master counterfeiter. Often described as noir, this has more of a generic 80's action thriller vibe to it. Think Miami Vice directed by William Friedkin. Solid but antiquated, and this is reflected in an often grating soundtrack full of 80's cheese. Dialogue isn't great and writing is sometimes flawed - some of the decisions the main characters make are beyond boneheaded - but it's worth a watch. Has one of the great screen chases, reminiscent of The French Connection and Ronin. Also some great nudity; William Petersen's bird's arse 👀. Or Willem Dafoe's arse for the ladies.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 26 Dec 2022 at 8:22pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I finished a re-watch of Bone Tomahawk earlier. I love westerns and this is a very good one. It also contains what is possibly the most gruesome murder I have ever seen in a film. Horrific, but don't let that put ye off what is definitely amongst the better of the more recently made westerns 7.5/10.

Funny I have that taped and haven’t got round to watching it 

Date night movie ? 

Good god no. Last half hour is one of the most harrowing things I've ever seen. 

Very good film all the same, but not for the faint hearted.

Well I finally got around to watching this - it wasn’t that gruesome though the scalping and splitting in half I could see you point 

Mrs doesn’t like westerns so watched in on my own 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 502503504505506 524>
  Share Topic