You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 470471472473474 524>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 10:22am
GAngs of New York is better than The Irishman. That's how bad the new movie is.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 10:57am
I enjoyed the Irishman. It's not packed full of energy like goodfellas but basically a slow crawl. Pacino is very good in it as is De Niro and Pesci. Pacino stand out for me though.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 11:17am
I enjoyed it, it’s a slow burner and won’t suit everyone though. 
Pacino was excellent, thought he owned every scene he was in. Pesci was brilliant too, completely different than previous “mafia” parts for him 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 8:37am
Would agree with the thoughts on Pacino. Still has the same energy that made him great to watch in the past.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:25am
The 3.5hrs is putting me off but just read that breaking it into 4 acts of nearly 50mins each makes it much more bearable
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 11:11am
Watched it at the weekend too.
It just never seems to get going. The pace the whole way through is just a bit too slow.
Acting was good though and good to see Pesci on the screen again. I'll just stick to watching him in Home Alone.

The dark side.. And the light
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 11:46pm
I tried to watch ‘Legend’. It’s appalling! There’s better acting in ‘Fair City’! 

Edited by pre Madonna - 06 Dec 2019 at 11:47pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 12:01am
Green Street 2 is a masterclass
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:28am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I tried to watch ‘Legend’. It’s appalling! There’s better acting in ‘Fair City’! 

Tom hardy or Tom cruise ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:41am
H
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Tom hardy or Tom cruise ? 
Hardy. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:42am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

The 3.5hrs is putting me off but just read that breaking it into 4 acts of nearly 50mins each makes it much more bearable

Did you have to read that to realise that :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 8:25am
Fair point
Should have elaborated that breaking it down to 4 parts, stopped at the specific time, broke it into a 4 part mini series

The Irishman miniseries

Episode 1: I Heard You Paint Houses

Watch from start to 49 mins – cut when Jimmy Hoffa ends the call.

Episode 2: Hoffa

Watch from 1:49 to 1:40

Cut when Joey The Blond is introduced.

Episode 3: What Kind of Fish?

Watch from 1:40 to 2:47:30

Cut when Frank exits the house. (You’ll know when.)

Episode 4: It is What It Is

Watch from 2:47:30 to the end.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 9:17am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I enjoyed it, it’s a slow burner and won’t suit everyone though. 
Pacino was excellent, thought he owned every scene he was in. Pesci was brilliant too, completely different than previous “mafia” parts for him 

This 

Good in parts but would never watch it again.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 7:38am
Watched the Irishman over the last couple of days...one of the most over rated films i've ever seen. It wasn't awful but christ it wasn't good either!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 7:28pm
I watched The Irishman in two parts recently. Fantastic to see a group of legends come together to produce this masterclass in filmmaking for perhaps the final time. Not entirely flawless, but one of the best films I've seen in recent years. It fails to deliver the immediate thrills the average halfwit conditioned to the usual contemporary dross might expect, but it's absolutely none the worse for that.

Good on Netflix for stumping up the money.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 8:40am
Saw Star Wars IX last night. Good finish after the tripe of XIII
8/10
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 1:48pm
Oasis: Supersonic.

Film documentary about the band Oasis. They were absolute loopers ... non stop drugs. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 2:04pm
Fyre - The greatest party that never was  - Thumbs Up
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 470471472473474 524>
  Share Topic