You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 431432433434435 524>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 2:57pm
Related image

The trailer made it seemed like it was going to be solely focused on the match between King and Riggs. Bit more of the lead up of how it came about and how little ladies tennis was thought about.
Some of the quips about being 'good girls' and all that carry on it's mad to think what could be said to females back in the day.
Overall a bit vanilla, it has the generic sporting movie feel about it. Being released around this time of year you would think they had Oscars on their mind but don't think this will make the cut.
Emma Stone was alight, sexism, lesbian, real life character. All the trademarks for a contender, and she was probably better in this than LaLa Land where she did get the Oscar.
The dark side.. And the light
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 6:59pm
when do all the screeners appear for the oscars? xmas?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Related image

The trailer made it seemed like it was going to be solely focused on the match between King and Riggs. Bit more of the lead up of how it came about and how little ladies tennis was thought about.
Some of the quips about being 'good girls' and all that carry on it's mad to think what could be said to females back in the day.
Overall a bit vanilla, it has the generic sporting movie feel about it. Being released around this time of year you would think they had Oscars on their mind but don't think this will make the cut.
Emma Stone was alight, sexism, lesbian, real life character. All the trademarks for a contender, and she was probably better in this than LaLa Land where she did get the Oscar.

Sounds exactly how I expected it to be. It was always going to be hard to do right.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:37am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

I finally watched 'The Room' on Monday night. I genuinely can't fathom how any movie could be so bad and I now wear having seen it as a badge of honour. However, I'm now immensely looking forward to when 'The Disaster Artist' is released in a few weeks. I really really hope it's not sh*te.

Oh Hi Mark
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:42am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Related image

Any girl on girl action
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 10:21am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I finally watched 'The Room' on Monday night. I genuinely can't fathom how any movie could be so bad and I now wear having seen it as a badge of honour. However, I'm now immensely looking forward to when 'The Disaster Artist' is released in a few weeks. I really really hope it's not sh*te.

Oh Hi Mark

LOL

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 12:28pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 1:09pm
That looks tremendously sh*t.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Have you never seen it ?

It's actually so bad it's good in a hilarious kind of way.

Looking forward to the Disaster Artist

Having read the book
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Have you never seen it ?

It's actually so bad it's good in a hilarious kind of way.

Looking forward to the Disaster Artist

Having read the book

He said the book is about 40% accurate but the movie is 99.99% accurate.

Looking forward to the Disaster Artist myself
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 1:50pm
'The Room' is a masterpiece. It's probably the greatest love story of our time.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 1:51pm
3 love scenes in the first 20 minutes would say you're correct, Dev LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

'The Room' is a masterpiece. It's probably the greatest love story of our time.

I agree how it did not an Oscar

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 1:57pm
And one thing I couldn't figure out, why in jaysus is it called 'The Room'?? Confused
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 2:00pm
The Legend of Barney Thomson lads, tremendous.

Robert Carlyle in great form and Emma Thompson as his maw (it's set around Gallowgate) is even better.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 2:17pm

And one thing I couldn't figure out, why in jaysus is it called 'The Room'?? Confused

As it was supposedly all going to set to be set in one room but of course Tommy Wiseau artistic direction moved it along further
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 2:23pm
That's what I suspected. What a mad cúnt LOL
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 2:25pm
So the whole concept changed but he wasn't even f*cking arsed to adjust the name accordingly. Legend. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 431432433434435 524>
  Share Topic