You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 429430431432433 524>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 4:57pm
Critters 4.jpg

In space, no-one can hear you snore. Not even Brad Dourif or the cherry bakewell's of Angela Bassett can save this snoozefest.

1/5
ChuckVANSeagal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 5:10pm

A shameless cash in on Gremlins. Considering the low budget I actually liked the look of the creatures but I have no idea why they were even needed as they had absolutely nothing to do with the plot of the film.

2/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 5:13pm
A woman screams and covers her eyes, which are then superimposed over her hands

The genius of Coscarelli. The Tall Man is one of horrors finest creations. Killer midgets and a flying Swiss army pinball combined with a quality soundtrack makes this a gem of a flick.

4/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 5:20pm
Phantasm II.jpg

Equally as enjoyable as the first film. It doesn't have the complete original cast but it is still the balls. Reggie really comes into his own and in turn become sone of horrors most iconic heroes. The Tall Man is still a ****.

4/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:12pm
Phantasm 3.jpg

A lot more dark humour as Reggie turns into an action hero.

3/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:24pm
Phantasm 4.jpg

I have no idea what the f**k was going on. Two decades after the first film, Coscarelli cleverly uses unseen footage from the first film to pull on the nostalgia strings. Ridiculous but this franchise has a life in it, yet.

3/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:42pm
A black poster with three horizontal red lines. Above are the faces of two serious-looking men. The man on the left, is young and black-haired. The man on the right, is older and lighter-haired. The right sides of their faces are invisible because of darkness. Below that in bold white letters are the lines: &quot;The Rookie&quot;, &quot;Clint Eastwood&quot; and &quot;Charlie Sheen&quot;. To the left of this text is a closeup of a revolver, and to the right and below are police cars, an aircraft, and a fiery explosion. The film credits appear at the bottom, with a line in bold white letters that reads: &quot;Starts Friday December 7th Everywhere&quot;.

Dumb but really, really fun. Eastwood is the balls as is Charlie Sheen as his sidekick. The action is so over the top, the bar room scene when Sheen flies solo is one of my favourites and Clint even manages to get raped and ends up in a DIY skin flick.

3/5
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Murder on orient express. Utter dung

Looks terrible alright, just from the trailer. Whoever thought Kenneth Branagh could be Poirot would want a good rethink of their career!

Branagh probably picked himself.
He directed it.
That was the joke............
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 10:01pm

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Murder on orient express. Utter dung

Looks terrible alright, just from the trailer. Whoever thought Kenneth Branagh could be Poirot would want a good rethink of their career!

Branagh probably picked himself.
He directed it.

That was the joke............

The head was still a litle hazy at that stage of the day
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Anyone watch McGregor film yet ?

I think I'll wait for it to be available online. Heard if you've watched the RTE doc series + the embedded series before his fights then it's pretty much a mash up of all that footage. Probably interesting for people who wouldn't have followed him before and wonder what this Conor McGregor is all about

Yea I've seen most of the embedded and RTÉ stuff so I might give it a miss. Cheers
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:53am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB9XqkZD1yc

No Stone Unturned Documentary about the Loughinisland shootng during USA 94. Due out on the 10th of Nov

Where are they showing this?

No Stone Unturned will be screened in the following cinemas from November 10th:

• Eclipse Downpatrick
  • IMC Dun Laoghaire
  • IMC Enniskillen
  • IMC Omagh
  • Omniplex Cork
  • Omniplex Derry
  • Omniplex Dungannon
  • Omniplex Kennedy Centre (Belfast)
  • Omniplex Newry
  • Irish Film Institute Dublin
  • Light House Dublin
  • Picture House Central
  • QFT Belfast
  • The Eye Galway
  • Everyman Theatre (Cork Film Fest - 11/11)
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB9XqkZD1yc

No Stone Unturned Documentary about the Loughinisland shootng during USA 94. Due out on the 10th of Nov

Where are they showing this?

No Stone Unturned will be screened in the following cinemas from November 10th:

• Eclipse Downpatrick
  • IMC Dun Laoghaire
  • IMC Enniskillen
  • IMC Omagh
  • Omniplex Cork
  • Omniplex Derry
  • Omniplex Dungannon
  • Omniplex Kennedy Centre (Belfast)
  • Omniplex Newry
  • Irish Film Institute Dublin
  • Light House Dublin
  • Picture House Central
  • QFT Belfast
  • The Eye Galway
  • Everyman Theatre (Cork Film Fest - 11/11)

Omniplex in Lisburn conveniently omitted Angry
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 8:50pm
Their only showing it for a week and at 6pm on a week day too
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by ChuckVANSeagal ChuckVANSeagal wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Requiem for a Dream 

0/10 

Please, please do not watch this is you have ever had bad thoughts, seriously it will put your over the edge

Love this film. Ass to ass 😎😎😎😎   

LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 9:19pm
Thor poster.jpg

I enjoyed this a lot more on the second viewing. The casting of Hemsworth is bang on and Hiddleston is excellent as his **** of a brother, Loki.

4/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 9:35pm
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f9/TheAvengers2012Poster.jpg

Re-watch. Loved all the Marvel flicks leading up to this so, it was great to see them all together and not make a balls of it. Loki is a right nasty piece of work. Ruffalo was great in his debut as The Hulk. Would really like to see a solo flick with him as Banner. The action is top notch and was delighted to have caught this at the cinema on its original release. A serious twitch off Black Widow.

4/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 9:44pm
Thor - The Dark World poster.jpg

Re-watch. Decent sequel. As always, Loki is a ****. Nerd twitch off Portman. Lots of light-hearted humour and solid action.

3/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 9:54pm
Avengers Age of Ultron.jpg

Re-watch. Probably, the weakest of the films staring the Avengers characters. Some of the banter from Stark/Ironman was real cringe-worthy but the film did flow along nicely. Once again Black Widow is smoking hot, I would really like to see her in a solo flick. A serious twitch off Olsen as well and The Hulk as always is the balls.

3/5

Edited by ChuckVANSeagal - 12 Nov 2017 at 9:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 429430431432433 524>
  Share Topic