You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 428429430431432 524>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 9:54am
Thor: Ragnarok

Probably the best of the Thor movies, but felt it was trying a bit too hard with the humor.
Thought it was a bit unnecessary to have Dr Strange. Maybe Cumberbatch had a free day and they were trying to fit in as Marvel characters as possible.
Goldblum was great as the Grandmaster, very Goldblum. Felt that it was built up too much who Thor was going to fight to win his freedom, would have been a good surprise if it hadn't have already been shown in the trailer.
Still decent overall. It seems like I say this after every Marvel film 'It was no Winter Soldier'. 
The dark side.. And the light
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 10:04am
Anyone watch McGregor film yet ?
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Have it lined up for Tuesday night
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 10:35am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Get a few moves lined up for Saturday in Donegal
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 10:42am

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Get a few moves lined up for Saturday in Donegal

The only move that will be lined up on Saturday will be that robotic pint arm action of mine
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 3:13pm

Yeah and I wouldnt bother unless your a huge McGregor fan.More music video than film .
ChuckVANSeagal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Yeah and I wouldnt bother unless your a huge McGregor fan.More music video than film .

A right chavfest I'd imagine.
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 1:41am
Murder on orient express. Utter dung
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 1:58am
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Looks terrible alright, just from the trailer. Whoever thought Kenneth Branagh could be Poirot would want a good rethink of their career!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 2:38am

I think I'll wait for it to be available online. Heard if you've watched the RTE doc series + the embedded series before his fights then it's pretty much a mash up of all that footage. Probably interesting for people who wouldn't have followed him before and wonder what this Conor McGregor is all about
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 2:42am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Thor: Ragnarok

Probably the best of the Thor movies, but felt it was trying a bit too hard with the humor.
Thought it was a bit unnecessary to have Dr Strange. Maybe Cumberbatch had a free day and they were trying to fit in as Marvel characters as possible.
Goldblum was great as the Grandmaster, very Goldblum. Felt that it was built up too much who Thor was going to fight to win his freedom, would have been a good surprise if it hadn't have already been shown in the trailer.
Still decent overall. It seems like I say this after every Marvel film 'It was no Winter Soldier'. 

I'm very much sick of all the comic book super hero movies. I was never into them really apart from Batman but even that seems to be done to death now (haven't watched the Ben Affleck movies but heard they are sh*te).
They all seem to follow a fairly similar plot and usually find myself switching off.

Deadpool was good though.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Looks terrible alright, just from the trailer. Whoever thought Kenneth Branagh could be Poirot would want a good rethink of their career!

Branagh probably picked himself.
He directed it.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 3:58pm

A revenge flick set in the North of Ireland had the potential to be a classic in this genre and although it fails to do so, it does tick a lot of boxes. The casting of Nigel O' Neill is perfect. An overweight farmer who isn't afraid to use a shotgun or dish out some torture as he hunts down the scum who killed his mother. Sadly, it is let down by a poor third act and piss poor villain and although it is still an enjoyable affair, you can't help but feel that you missed out on something special.
3/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 4:11pm

Creep (2014 film) poster.jpg

Leading up to watching the sequel, I decided to give this a rewatch. It was my 21st favourite film of 2015 and it was equally as thrilling on the second viewing. Mark Duplass is one freaky ****. The suspense at times is unbearable. A really good thriller. Peach Fuzz scared the sh*t out of me.

4/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 4:21pm
Creep2Poster.jpg

The opening scene is creepy as f**k and it looked as if this was going to be a quality sequel. Sadly, it is all downhill after that and apart from a freaky Aaron getting his cock out and the Peachfuzz mask making a couple of brief appearances there are very few highlights.

2/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 4:40pm
Crittersposter.jpg
Allegedly, this was written before Gremlins came out but you can't help but draw comparisons. They are both evil little ****s who love eating and going on the rampage. A decent 80's/sci-fi/horror/comedy.

3/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 4:44pm
Critters two.jpg

A textbook sequel.

3/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 4:50pm
Critters 3.jpg

A young Leonardo DiCaprio stars in this dire sequel. The Critters are let loose in a slum tower block.

2/5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 428429430431432 524>
  Share Topic