You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 524>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 6:05pm

It (2017) poster.jpg

I love the mini-series from the 90's and Tim Curry's turn as Pennywise still gives me chills. In general, I tend to be dismissive of remakes and find them pointless. However, when this got greenlit I was really excited. The original was let down by a poor final act and awful special effects. Andy Muschietti film (albeit the first half) improves on Tommy Lee Wallace's 1990 effort. This is successful for two reasons. Firstly, the casting of the kids is spot on and secondly, the change of clown from your traditional red nosed, colourful circus type to the kind you would see at the opera. The film itself has the perfect blend of humour, comedy and adventure. Pennywise really is a ****.

4/5
ChuckVANSeagal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 6:18pm

Screen legend Lee Van Cleef and Jim Brown add some class to this average revenge flick. The former is a right nasty piece of work and looks the balls with his headband and single hoop earring. Plays out like most film from the western revenge genre.

3/5

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 6:24pm
Bad Boys.jpg

The action, shootouts and textbook angry boss are all spot on. The film's major flaw is Martin Lawerence who is one annoying ****. Leoni is equally annoying. Bad casting cost this from been up there with the great cop buddy flicks.

2/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 6:29pm
Bad boys two.jpg

A much better sequel. Lawerence isn't as annoying. The action goes up a notch and although the climax is very John Woo, it is solid.

3/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 6:39pm
Sky High movie poster.jpg

Innocent fun. Although it is a kid flick it has a lot of mature humour, too. The Jester is a freaky looking ****, who I would take great pleasure kicking the sh*t out of. The action is great and Kurt Russell and Bruce Campbell are the balls.

3/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 6:43pm
Longest yard ver2.jpg

Run of the mill remake from Sandler. The jokes are for kids and the characters are annoying ****s.

2/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 6:49pm

Little Evil.jpg

A sh*t horror comedy. It is basically Damian Thorn running around trying to kill his stepfather. A serious twitch off Lilly.

2/5
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 7:59pm
Death note - dont bother yer hole watching this sh*te 1/10
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Navy Seals

2/5

So watched this last night, absolute crap, Michael Biehn stars as his usual typecast action man.
Bill Paxton as his usual wise cracking joker
and Charlie Sheen as his usual high strung mad bastard ,How he ever passed the Navy Seals training I'll never know, the film literally opens with him  waking up on a beach hungover he then jumps out of a moving vehicle while going to a wedding.

This is in my recent purchases to watch pile.

I haven't seen it in a few years but always found it to be gold. You have reminded me of the legendary cast. I remember that opening scene so well out of the moving car and into the river ClapClapClapClap
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 10:52am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Did you manage to watch till the end? Probably the most ridiculous final act in cinema history. LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Did you manage to watch till the end? Probably the most ridiculous final act in cinema history. LOL

Painfully did as i couldn't find the remote to watch something else.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 11:14am
King Arthur. One of the worst films ever. 0.5/10
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 11:16am
God's Own Country- 9/10
A superb film. A simple and human story that is beautifully told, with some brilliant directing, for a rookie, and an excellent performance from the cast. I think the whole cinema was crying at one point.  Its comparison as the 'British Brokeback Mountain' is an insult. This is a far, far superior film.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 11:31am
Jawbone.

an alcoholic ex boxer looking for a fresh start after hitting rock bottom.very bleak but enjoyable film.

4/5

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 11:40am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Jawbone.

an alcoholic ex boxer looking for a fresh start after hitting rock bottom.very bleak but enjoyable film.

4/5

This will make Quey's top 10 of 2017.Great flick

Edited by ChuckVANSeagal - 18 Sep 2017 at 11:41am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 12:59pm

Can't be as bad as Kingsman

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Even the trailer looks cxxtish
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Kingsman was deadly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 524>
  Share Topic