You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 418419420421422 524>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:23am
Image result for atomic blonde

Spy action set in the days before the Berlin Wall fell.
Some good fight scenes with good soundtrack but over all not a great story. Charlize does get involved in some girl on girl action too.

6/10
The dark side.. And the light
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:25am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Would like to hear our resident Barry Norman(s) take on Green Room with Patrick Stewart, if they've seen it..

I really liked it. Was a surprise favorite from last year. Some of the scenes were brutal, the dogs come to mind.
Sad that only a week or two after seeing it that Yelchon died.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Would like to hear our resident Barry Norman(s) take on Green Room with Patrick Stewart, if they've seen it..

I really liked it. Was a surprise favorite from last year. Some of the scenes were brutal, the dogs come to mind.

It really stuck with me. Only got to see it a month or so ago and was left chilled by it. And Patrick Stewart as a sh*t-kicking heroin dealing neo-nazi?? Quality.

Wasn't aware of yer man's death. That's quite tragic, poor chap.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:49am

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

It really stuck with me. Only got to see it a month or so ago and was left chilled by it. And Patrick Stewart as a sh*t-kicking heroin dealing neo-nazi?? Quality.

Wasn't aware of yer man's death. That's quite tragic, poor chap.

Yeah Stewart was good alright, totally different to the type of characters that he's used to.
Like I said a few posts ago about Ryan Reynolds being the same character in nearly every movie, but one of his better roles was the drama Buried. Totally different.

Tom Cruise is always the same as well. Action guy who always gets lucky, getting kind of sick of the same thing. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:53am
Paul Rudd springs to mind. The guy can only play himself.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 11:35am

Paul Rudd springs to mind. The guy can only play himself.
It is amazing the number of Hollywood 'stars' who can't actually act. In the second series of Top of the Lake, Nicole Kidman was absolutely brutal, and yet she was the one cast member to have made millions from her 'talents'.
You can see what attracted Cruise to her, they are as wooden as each other. Hugh Grant is another one, if you want someone to play the upper-class twit of the year, he's your man.A posh, English Paul Rudd.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 12:05pm
It's basically just charismatic people (and in some cases UN-charismatic people), getting paid exorbitant amounts of money to play themselves. So not really acting per se. We're in the wrong game, I reckon
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 1:03pm

It's basically just charismatic people (and in some cases UN-charismatic people), getting paid exorbitant amounts of money to play themselves. So not really acting per se. We're in the wrong game, I reckon
It seems to based on a certain amount of good looks and a large amount of good luck.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 3:16pm
Like I said, we're in the wrong game Cool
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:11am
Detroit- An excellent effort at telling the tale of 'The Algiers Motel incident' with some strong acting performances and some nice archive shots of the riots cut in. Sometimes it seems to be too unbelievable to be true but it seems to be pretty close to reality, even allowing for dramatic effect. It is well worth watching 8/10.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 3:06pm
Was recommended to watch kingsman by a friend the other day. Was hesitant as i knew Colin Firth was in it. What a fooking film. The scene in the church, though violent was hilarious at the same time.
5/5 from me.

Also enjoyed captain underpants too
4/5

Edited by drog addict - 29 Aug 2017 at 3:06pm
Chips don't bounce
AVFCAnne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVFCAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 3:39pm
We went to see 'Annabelle:Creation' last night. I hadn't seen the first one. The plot was rather daft. It was creepy in parts but not really what I would call scary.

2/5

Also saw 'The Zookeeper's Wife' recently. It's a very interesting story, if sanitised, and beautifully filmed. There are some great performances in it too.

3/5
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Was recommended to watch kingsman by a friend the other day. Was hesitant as i knew Colin Firth was in it. What a fooking film. The scene in the church, though violent was hilarious at the same time.
5/5 from me.

4/5

Kingsman is f**kin quality, the sequel is out in a few weeks too Clap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

5/5 from me.

4/5

Kingsman is f**kin quality, the sequel is out in a few weeks too Clap

Was really surprised. Thought it was just another sh*te spy movie. Best film i have seen in awhile.
Chips don't bounce
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:18pm
Here Drog, I've a recommendation for a film I just know you'll love Heart. Dog f**ker, it's about 2 hours long and pretty graphic but that is exactly the stuff you like.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Here Drog, I've a recommendation for a film I just know you'll love Heart. Dog f**ker, it's about 2 hours long and pretty graphic but that is exactly the stuff you like.

Seen it. Dog f**ker 2 is way better imo.
Chips don't bounce
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:46pm

Was it not called Lassie Come Home?
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:49pm

'Dog f**ker 2: Doggie Style' to give its full title.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 418419420421422 524>
  Share Topic