You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 491492493494495 524>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2021 at 7:32pm
the babysitter - tongue firmly in cheek but still a laugh ( your one is the spit of kylie like a taller version)

Edited by Newryrep - 30 Dec 2021 at 7:40pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Don't Look Up - just terrible, Couldn't finish it, it was that bad.

I actually enjoyed it. It wasn't a serious movie, and was more of a tongue-in-cheek, pisstake kind of film which I enjoyed.

Same as, thought it was worth a watch. When a movie dosent take itself to serious then I think you need to do the same. Turn brain off and enjoy the few laughs. The final scene was pretty funny too. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 1:52pm
I actually thought the last 5 mins of Don't Look Up to be a little disturbing too. Very well done 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I actually thought the last 5 mins of Don't Look Up to be a little disturbing too. Very well done 

Yeah though parts were a real swipe at the Trump propaganda machine rallies of 'nothing to see here'. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Don't Look Up - just terrible, Couldn't finish it, it was that bad.

I actually enjoyed it. It wasn't a serious movie, and was more of a tongue-in-cheek, pisstake kind of film which I enjoyed.

Same as, thought it was worth a watch. When a movie dosent take itself to serious then I think you need to do the same. Turn brain off and enjoy the few laughs. The final scene was pretty funny too. 

It's very preachy, 'we're smarter than you and ye all are thick' aimed at the American right. Not sure who'll they turn to their cause on the back of it.

Did enjoy it though, some funny lines in it. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 4:10pm
Needed a mindless film other afternoon so we stuck on Crazy, Stupid, Love. 

As far as rom coms go this is one of the most tolerable ive seen. I like Steve Carell Thumbs Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 8:30pm
watched soul on Disney earlier.  Really good movies and brave movie for a kids audience but seems to work there also. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 8:33pm
Worst film I have ever seen:

Green Street 2
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 11:04pm
The Last Duel.

Enjoyable movie. Longer than it needed to be but worth a watch. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 10:41am

The Last Duel.

Not the worst. 

Don't look up not bad either. 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 2:52pm
Mass. This is basically a 4 person drama. The premise is that a meeting has been arranged between 2 sets of parents. The son of one set of parents murdered the son of the other set of parents in a mass shooting. It's very well acted and thoroughly engaging but as ye can guess it's tough going at times. It's a very good film though and gets a 7.5/10 from me.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 2:54pm

The Last Duel.

I saw this recently myself. I thought it was great.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 12:37am
The Chaser - This is a 2008 South Korean thriller. An ex cop that was kicked off the force and is now working as a pimp is trying to find who's been taking the women working for him. The reviews of this are very good so I thought it might be another "I Saw the Devil" but unfortunately it hasn't a patch on that. The portrayal of the South Korean police is the most annoying part. Incompetent to the point of just not being in any way realistic. I'll give it 6/10 but I wouldn't bother with it to be honest.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

The Chaser - This is a 2008 South Korean thriller. An ex cop that was kicked off the force and is now working as a pimp is trying to find who's been taking the women working for him. The reviews of this are very good so I thought it might be another "I Saw the Devil" but unfortunately it hasn't a patch on that. The portrayal of the South Korean police is the most annoying part. Incompetent to the point of just not being in any way realistic. I'll give it 6/10 but I wouldn't bother with it to be honest.

Quite a common portrayal of South Korean police in their movies, but yeah, wasn't gone on that one.

Memories of Murder is much better if you haven't seen that. And The Wailing is very suspenseful as well. My brother still makes fun of how my jaw dropped at the big reveal towards the end of that one.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 12:55am
I don't think I've seen either of those. I'll definitely give them a go. Thanks
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 10:37am
Redemption of a Rogue - Irish dark comedy on Netflix. May not be everyone's cup of tea but I really enjoyed it.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 11:59pm
The Wrestler

Powerful stuff with a fantastic performance by Mickey Rourke. Captivated me from start to finish. My highest recommendation. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 1:36am
Icarus.

Documovie from 2017. Really enjoy it. Film starts about a guy recording himself taking drugs as an experiment in an amatuer cycle race. But he gets advice frm a Russian who turns out is a key player in the Russian state sponsored doping and the film evolves into him telling the story of doping that went on in Russia. Mad stuff, good movie. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 491492493494495 524>
  Share Topic