You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winter Olympics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 3:32pm
In terms of playing bowls I gave it a go couple of years ago actually quite enjoyable
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 3:34pm
The Scottish captain is quite sexy too, especially her accent.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

So is curling a bit likes bowls except on ice?

And that curlers are younger, fitter and often quite sexy.
In saying that, I have been tempted to try the bowls club near me to see what it is like. Has anyone ever tried it?

I agree watching the Canada v GB

Those Canadians Heart

Pics!! FFS    
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:03pm

[QUOTE=pre Madonna][QUOTE=lassassinblanc]So is curling a bit likes bowls except on ice?

And that curlers are younger, fitter and often quite sexy.
In saying that, I have been tempted to try the bowls club near me to see what it is like. Has anyone ever tried it?

Bowls is great, my Dad used to play indoors with a local club, he won the Club Cup a couple of times.
I had a go once, they put a small wooden board in the middle of the green to stop you doing a power drive to split up closely nestled bowls
It was done on a couple of long special carpet mats rolled out.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:05pm

In terms of playing bowls I gave it a go couple of years ago actually quite enjoyable

You'd enjoy curling so.

The margin for error is minimal but it's great fun.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 8:07pm

Yer played crown green bowls a few times , quite big in the north of England but mainly for the over 60s , hummmm maybe Hornet may take it up Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yer played crown green bowls a few times , quite big in the north of England but mainly for the over 60s , hummmm maybe Hornet may take it up Big smile

Sham might be interested.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 11:45am
Random thing which I discussed with Swedish colleague while watching Curling

You'd have to thing British teams would all be at a hindrance in regards to verbalisng tactics.

The Swedes obviously speak Swedish amongst each other and other nations outside of English speaking countries can respectively speak their own languages.

You'd imagine that at least someone on opposition teams  would speak English (Swedes would all speak fluent enough English).

You'd have to say that it would be similar for other sports too.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:19pm
Saw the highlights of the women's ice hockey final yesterday - great entertainment. Canada had won gold in the last four winter Olympics I think and were up against 'Murica. It finished 2-2 and then went to a shoot-out which swayed this way and that before the States eventually emerged victorious. First game the Canadian women's team have lost at the winter Olympics in 24 appearances.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Saw the highlights of the women's ice hockey final yesterday - great entertainment. Canada had won gold in the last four winter Olympics I think and were up against 'Murica. It finished 2-2 and then went to a shoot-out which swayed this way and that before the States eventually emerged victorious. First game the Canadian women's team have lost at the winter Olympics in 24 appearances.

Was a great game,

Men just beaten by Germans massive shock

Edited by lassassinblanc - 23 Feb 2018 at 2:34pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 2:40pm
The absence of the NHL players makes this whole thing a farce.

The NHL are a pack of w*nkers, frankly. Do they not see that the Olympics give them significantly greater international exposure than any other possible means? Did anyone else realise that the NHL have played international games, like the NFL in London? I didn't, til I googled it there now to see.

I know they could have lost players to injury but surely the risk was worth taking for the increased exposure.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The absence of the NHL players makes this whole thing a farce.

The NHL are a pack of w*nkers, frankly. Do they not see that the Olympics give them significantly greater international exposure than any other possible means? Did anyone else realise that the NHL have played international games, like the NFL in London? I didn't, til I googled it there now to see.

I know they could have lost players to injury but surely the risk was worth taking for the increased exposure.

Fully agree with you complete shadow of a tournament then 4 years ago. You wouldnt have got Germany knocking Sweden out if NHL Players where involved. One of the reasons they didnt allow players to play is that are trying to push there World cup of Hockey which happens before the start of the NHL season. The next one is due to be played in 2020
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 11:14pm
Lads is it completely wrong to sort of fall in love* with that beautiful 15 year old Russian figure skater who won the gold medal? 

It doesn't make me another Tom Humphries, does it? LOL Shocked

*In a sort of paternal way.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic