You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greg Cunningham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 11:30am
Staying at Forest until the end of the season: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2011/December/Greg-stays-on-at-Forest
Thought he might have some chance of getting into the City team. Despite having Kolorov, Clichy, Lescott and Bridge in the squad, there's still no recognised starting left full there.
Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 11:38am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Staying at Forest until the end of the season: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2011/December/Greg-stays-on-at-Forest
Thought he might have some chance of getting into the City team. Despite having Kolorov, Clichy, Lescott and Bridge in the squad, there's still no recognised starting left full there.

What pair are you wearing?
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 12:37pm
I think we all tend to wear green goggles from time to time :)
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 2:00pm
=There is no way he is good enough for City let alone an EPL side (yet).

I watched him at Leicester and he was LB and got caught out of position a lot as he liked to get forward all the time.
A full year at this level will do him the world of good. Still a very young player with a promising future. Not sure LB is his best position though.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I watched him at Leicester and he was LB and got caught out of position a lot as he liked to get forward all the time.
A full year at this level will do him the world of good. Still a very young player with a promising future. Not sure LB is his best position though.

agreed....

he could easily do a Coleman on it and be converted into a winger imo
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 2:42pm

Was a striker at underage level and signed for City as a striker but they somehow City transferred him into a left back.

He 11/2 to be in the Euros squad, if he has a good second half to the season i wouldnt rule it out as we Know Trap really likes this guy.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 3:24pm

100%. Not giving rise to a debate but the 4 aforementioned are long established PL players and 4 of the best in the division. Not to mention their spending power if they see it necessary to buy in January. 

There'll be very very few youngsters breaking through at City for the forseeable future, and to do so you'd have to be some superstar. I dont think Cunningham is that superstar, certainly not at LB. Id need to see him in a few more games to give a fair assessment which the player deserves but in what I have seen him he strikes me as being very naive positionally and is not fully comfortable with the role, yet anyway. The game time will be great for him. Ludicrous though to think he'd have a chance of polishing Mancini's shoes for the time being.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 3:23am
Good deal for him - next step he needs to take then is a permanent move away from City in the summer. Maybe to one of next season's promoted clubs or something if he's lucky.

As others have already pointed out, realistically speaking he hasn't a hope of breaking into City's side.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

What pair are you wearing?
The pair that says that City don't have a settled left full this season, despite having the four players listed in the original post. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 7:29am

Championship level is perfect for him right now. Practically no chance of breaking into Man City's side. Expect him to move on in the summer so a good stint injury free in the championship could open up some options

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 8:05am
The Championship has served us well in terms of options for the national team , theres nothing stopping Greg plugging away down there for this season and even next season then going on to get a place in our squad regularly Trap likes him as we all know....

Man City have links with a host of clubs now , i wouldnt be surprised to see him in Holland or somewhere on loan next season....
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 9:04am
Looked a very good player at Leicester, but the injury seems to have knocked him back at bit. Has no chance of making the Euro squad. Will move on next season and should be a vital member of Noel King's squad at U/21 level.
alive and kicking
stokes78 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 11:16am
great  move he has played every game since he went. he is one of the most advanced of his under 17 age group who played in the euros along with towell, brady and gunning with the likes of clifford and hourihane, henderson{injury} and doran{injury} not quite reaching their potential just yet. 
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 5:01am
Anyone know if he's playing well for Forest this year? I know he's in the team but I've seen very little reported about his performances. I see Forest are in the relegation zone so its a different experience to last year when Leicester we winning most weeks.
MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 1:15pm
saw he came off injured bout 2games ago and was out of the team since.. anyone know what injury he got?
Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:41pm
Bump

Anyone seen Greg play lately? Any updates as too how he's getting on?

Edited by Green Devil - 17 Apr 2012 at 12:42pm

stokes78 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 12:01am
Forest were on tv a few weeks ago he played well tidy on ball and pacey. He was keeping elokobi and higgonbottom out who are quite experienced premier league full backs
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 12:07am
Elokobi was starting left back tonight. Cunningham on the bench.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
  Share Topic