Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=14619
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 11:28pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Greg Cunningham
Posted By: Citizen
Subject: Greg Cunningham
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 11:10am
young irish left back came on for man city called greg cunningham, mancini must rate him, on for 2nd 45

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Replies:
Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

young irish left back came on for man city called greg cunningham, mancini must rate him, on for 2nd 45

Highly rated at underage international level

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 11:21am
a galway lad, only 19..he got booked 2 mins after coming on

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 12:05pm
Know greg well, was over at a game with him last season! Originally signed as a left winger/striker but has been playin left back since he signed, very good prospect has a great attitude for the game. Hopefully he can continue on from here and could be the future Ireland left back!Thumbs%20Up

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 12:22pm
Had a nervous enough game but he's only young and highly rated at underage level. I've seen him play loads as a stiker in Ireland.
Mervue will be getting €400,000 for him now I think.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Ye serious? Thats some windfall for a senior debut.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 2:34pm

Had a nervous enough game but he's only young and highly rated at underage level. I've seen him play loads as a stiker in Ireland.

is that fact?thats a ridiculous amount of money if true..

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 2:35pm
400,000 that can't be right surely, condsidering how tight English clubs have been when they've tried to sign players from Clubs in the LOI Prem never mind LOI 1st Division.

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 2:52am
id say its 40 000

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 8:38am
to get a game for city and only be 19, he must have something special...its brilliant. God the future is looking very bright for us!!

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 8:58am
Fair dues to Mancini, he seems to be giving everone a clean slate.

I don't think its because he's an outstanding prospect, I think Mancini is having a look at players who are doing well at Training and deciding if he'll sell them.. Hope he does well...please god.

On a side note I don't think I can remember such an amount of irish players playing in the premiership.

Posted By: Donal Cullen
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 9:05am
The Irish talent at City makes it even harder to hate the f**kers! I know a few City fans and they are dead on but since that Thai ........... took over and they became a second Chelsea its hard to be nice to them. That and that Cork-born pup that plays for them. But I do hope Cunningham emerges as a real prospect.

-------------
There are friendlier places to drink.

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Donal Cullen Donal Cullen wrote:

The Irish talent at City makes it even harder to hate the f**kers! I know a few City fans and they are dead on but since that Thai ........... took over and they became a second Chelsea its hard to be nice to them. That and that Cork-born pup that plays for them. But I do hope Cunningham emerges as a real prospect.

It must have become a lot harder to be nice to them after the Sheikhs took over so.

Great to see a fella like Greg get the chance at such a big club and hopefully he will be the answer to our left back problems in the future.

Posted By: Tuff Paddy
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 3:20pm
absolutely delighted for Greg Cunningham and his family. Well done and good luck for continued success in all you do.

-------------
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!

Posted By: Gouldinho09
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 3:31pm
He's on off the ball right now. Newstalk 106

He has a Twin brother playing ball

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

Play's for Mervue in the first division Dan is his name. Good player as well.
They're originally from Claregalway.

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 5:27am

Twin brother would probably be over in england too but had an accident with a firework a few years back and only has something like 40% vision in one eye. He'd been on trials wit a lot of clubs accross the sea.

-------------

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 09 May 2010 at 9:44am

Named on the bench today against West Ham.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 09 May 2010 at 11:57am
Came on in the 89th minute.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 09 May 2010 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

How'd he play?LOL

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Darren
Date Posted: 09 May 2010 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

How'd he play?LOL

Never put a foot wrong

Posted By: Donal Cullen
Date Posted: 09 May 2010 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Darren Darren wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

How'd he play?LOL

Never put a foot wrong

Well on that note I say call him up, NOW!!!

-------------
There are friendlier places to drink.

Date Posted: 16 May 2010 at 12:25pm
Did he get called into the squad he was training today witht the team in malahide?

-------------

Posted By: Propagandhi
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 7:32am
Manchester City are set to sign Aleksandar Kolarov from Lazio. He will be in direct competition with Wayne Bridge for the left back slot. It's fair to say that Greg will have to go out on loan if he wants to play any football.

-------------
"England did nothing in the World Cup, so why are they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the quarter-finals, I played like sh*t, here's my book'. Who wants to read that? I don't." - Joey Barton

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 9:23am
Was talking to him on facebook lastnight, he said hes going waiting til after pre season and he will decide whether he'll go on loan or not!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 7:51pm
"Greg points the way to bright future" Informative interview with Greg on MCFC official website.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/Greg-Cunningham-part-2 - http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/Greg-Cunningham-part-2

-------------
"England did nothing in the World Cup, so why are they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the quarter-finals, I played like sh*t, here's my book'. Who wants to read that? I don't." - Joey Barton

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 8:01pm
Man City's friendly against Sporting Lisbon is live on ESPN right now. Man City are 1-0 down. Greg Cunningham and Stephen Ireland are both starters.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 8:04pm

Cunningham isn't having the greatest of games tbh but Mancini obviously sees something in him. Hopefully he rolls his socks up. Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 8:14pm
Cunningham almost gifted Sporting a second goal. Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 8:17pm
Man City are 2-0 down. Sporting are dominating. City aren't at the races. Just a friendly though.

-------------

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 11:04pm
ill be seeing him live on sunday when they face red bulls, hopefully he gets some more time. i think he's really a good prospect

Posted By: Gouldinho09
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 10:36am
He made Paul McShane look like Paolo Maldini last night. He needs experience badly.

-------------

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 12:45pm

He made Paul McShane look like Paolo Maldini last night. He needs experience badly.

2 names not often seen in the same sentenceLOL

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 3:46pm
Just came on against New York, playing on the left of midfield.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 3:48pm
just put in the cross for Jo's goalClap

Posted By: The Drifter
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 4:43pm
where u watchin this match?!

-------------
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 6:43pm
played out of position but gave a very honest, hard-working shift. i was impressed, good cross for the goal

Posted By: Propagandhi®
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 7:57am

Greg Cunningham has paid tribute to the coach that helped him and many others rise through the ranks of City’s youth system before breaking into the first team.

The young left back was guided by Alex Gibson, who announced this week that he is to move on to pastures new after a hugely successful 12 years at the club, during which time 31 players from the Academy made it into the first team.

The Irish youngster has made a couple of appearances for the Blues in 2010, and he was happy to show his gratitude to Alex from City’s pre-season visit to the US.

“Alex is a brilliant coach,” the 19-year-old asserts. “I found that he got the best out of all the players. We all progressed under him, he taught us about discipline, professionalism and how to take your game on. He was fantastic to work with, I'm sorry to see him leave but I wish him all the best for the future. I'll call him to thank him for everything he did for me and I hope I keep in touch with him.”

Cunningham, whose fine year has also seen him capped at full international level by the Republic of Ireland, says he now knows what’s needed to cope with the demands of training alongside some world-class players on a daily basis.

“I'm trying to bulk up a bit, but in a good way!” Greg smiles.  “I might have grown a bit, but the Premier League is so physical that you have to make that step up to cope with it. As well as that you have got to get quicker and sort your touch out, you have to get everything right technically as well as physically.

It's the most demanding league in the world, but in training I'm up against some of the best players in the world here at City! Your football is going to improve by playing with them day in, day out so I hope to keep progressing and keep pushing on.

...Greg on the demands of the Premier League

Aleksander Kolarov’s recent arrival gives City even more options on the left hand side, but Greg is undaunted by the prospect of even more competition for places.

“It's the same at any club, as a young player you are going to have competition but that's a good thing. You have to push yourself, I just need to keep my head down, keep progressing and pushing so hopefully things come together for me.

“The Manager's not afraid to look to youth, so all I can do like everyone else is keep plugging away, keep working hard, keep improving and maybe get a chance.”

-------------
"I Shall Not Be Provoked." Propagandhi, 2010

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 12:01pm
Gone on loan to leicster till January.  Sven obviously liked him at city!

-------------

Posted By: sledgehammer
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Now we'll see just how good the lad is. Massive chance for him now let's hope he makes the best of it!!

-------------
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing

Posted By: city4life
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 1:07pm
great news id hate to see any irish lads at that piosonous club,hopefully given gets out of alcatraz on new years day!

Posted By: daffyp
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 1:30pm
Good move for the lad, he needs to be playin ball.
good luck Greg.

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 2:51pm
Anyone know when he will make his debut for them?

-------------

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Ask any one of the 500 Would be Managers on here and your guaranteed at least 391 different start DatesWinkThumbs%20Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Played a reserve game for city tonight, signing tomorrow and hopes to make hus debut Saturday for leicster, not sure who they are playing.

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

About time. Still doesn't justify his position in the squad ahead of Stephen Ward mind you!

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 3:37pm
good news. Needs games

Posted By: BrenC
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 5:47pm
Delighted Greg will be getting 1st team football.

Guy is an absolute hero by the way.  Never met him but he went out of his way to sort me with 2 tickets to Zilina because he knows a mate of mine. 

-------------
Team Emmet

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 8:47am
Originally posted by BrenC BrenC wrote:

Guy is an absolute hero by the way.  Never met him but he went out of his way to sort me with 2 tickets to Zilina because he knows a mate of mine. 

Q & A with Cunningham you should be able to set up for future YBIG addition so Wink

Posted By: Belfast Green
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 3:57pm

Good to see Cunningham out on loan until the new year and also good to see Conor Clifford going to Plymouth.

-------------
http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 4:18pm
Hes in tomorrows Matchday squad, May not be in the starting 11 but should get some game time.

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 3:16am

Yup - I think it's fair to say that Ireland's future left back has already done more for me than our current one ever has!

He does look like a top prospect though, and the regular game time is exactly what the doctor ordered. Hopefully he'll be starting for us by the end of the current campaign. Clap

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 3:20am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Yup - I think it's fair to say that Ireland's future left back has already done more for me than our current one ever has!

What an absolute ridiculous statement. Good jaysis! 100+ caps and has done nothing? Even if you are referring to his time at left back alone, still, jaysis.

Confused

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 3:49am
Haha - no I meant for me personally!! I was the second party who Mr. Cunningham kindly sorted out with a ticket in Slovakia. Thumbs%20Up

On the footballing side, I've nothing against Kilbane, he's been a terrific servant for Ireland in the past, but he's no left back and never has been.

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 5:09pm
Played the full game in Leicsters 2-0 defeat to Swansea. He got a knock during the game and Leicster were left with 10 men for around 7 minutes while he was treated but he carried on after with his knock. Surprising decision as Bruno Berner who is in good form was dropped for him and was on the bench.

Next game against West Brom but he's cup tied.

Posted By: Jokerman
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 12:37pm
http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=69219&st=0 - http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=69219&st=0

The Leicester fans are high on Greg Cunningham.

-------------
"I will just say one thing: players born in a country should play for their own country." Gaetano D'Agostino

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 1:27pm
Pleased for Greg with him getting in the starting line up tomorrow night.

I've been impressed with him for the under 21's and his apperance v Algeria. Thumbs%20UpClapThumbs%20Up

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 5:01pm
I hear him on an ad on the aul wireless saying he will be playing this weekend for City in the Aviva. Whats left on his contract?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Sloop John G
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I hear him on an ad on the aul wireless saying he will be playing this weekend for City in the Aviva. Whats left on his contract?
I don't think he's in the squad though.

Posted By: farfar
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Sloop John G Sloop John G wrote:

I don't think he's in the squad though.
ye was looking at that there it says plus one other.Mancini said aguero wont be playing so maybe he got that spot

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 5:09pm
He has another 3 years on his contract AFAIK.

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 5:12pm
The ad is on Nova i think and he says something along the lines of "im playing in the super cup this weekend so come along blah blah"

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: The Drifter
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 5:38pm

The ad is on Nova i think and he says something along the lines of "im playing in the super cup this weekend so come along blah blah"

yeh heard it myself there the other day. i hope he gets a shot to impress.

-------------
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 5:42pm
Clichy, Kolorov, Lescott, Zabaleta, Cunningham, Bridge, Onuoha.

It'll be tough for him, a lot of them are poor though.

Posted By: traphasntaclue2
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 5:52pm
hope he gets another loan move to leicster or someone like that he be better away from them city cnts anyway

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 6:47pm

Clichy, Kolorov, Lescott, Zabaleta, Cunningham, Bridge, Onuoha.

It'll be tough for him, a lot of them are poor though.
They are way ahead of him in the pecking order, even Onuoha.

Posted By: Tuff Paddy
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 6:49am
The latter 2 are for sale. Problem is finding someone who will match wages like they get at City. 

-------------
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 6:56am
Wayne Bridge really hit paydirt. First Chelsea, then Man City. Lucky bastard. I'm glad that J.T. bonked his ex-wife.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 10:22am

Where was he today?

Originally posted by Sloop John G Sloop John G wrote:

Wayne Bridge really hit paydirt. First Chelsea, then Man City. Lucky bastard. I'm glad that J.T. bonked his ex-wife.

Im sure Bridge is chuffed as well considering he is ploughing Frankie from the Saturdays. Dawg Got Laid and Paid Cool

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Posted By: dotts101
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 1:44pm
mancini said he likes cunnigham but wouldnt be in dublin, instead to train at carrington and go back outon loan

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 4:50pm
Will have information on him over the next few days regarding what hes doing next seasonThumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: traphasntaclue2
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 4:53pm
playing left back for ireland hopefully is what he will be doin nxt season

Posted By: ericdogg
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 3:05pm
Any news on cunningham getting a loan move? Still have high hopes for this lad.

-------------
International Caps - 7

International Goals - 1

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 3:29pm
hopefully Celtic make a loan move for him , til January , need cover as Izzy wont be back til then

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 3:32pm
Hopefully, Cunny gets a move to a higher echelon Championship team or a lower echelon Premier League team.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 3:49pm
is he fit, has he recovered from the broken leg?

-------------

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 5:04pm

back in training apparently, but not ready for first team action

Mancini was asked about him at the Dublin Super Cup press conference: http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/6291/ - http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/6291/

Quote Mancini was also asked to comment on the prospects of another of his players, Ireland's Greg Cunningham. The promising young defender has caught the eye of Giovanni Trapattoni in the past and clearly has the admiration of his club boss too.

"I like Greg, he is a young player. Last year he was very unlucky because he went to Leicester to get experience and [got] a bad injury. But I think he can have an important future because he's a good guy, a good player, he's young but he needs experience and he needs to play. I like him."

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 2:23pm
http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/cunningham-insists-club-and-country-success-driving-return-to-game-2863359.html - http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/cunningham-insists-club-and-country-success-driving-return-to-game-2863359.html

Good luck Greg.

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 2:30pm
Played his first game for the city reserves on sunday evening, hes back in Galway this week and is now on the full road to recoveryThumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: danny10tot
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 7:51am
Signed on loan for Forrest till december 31st today. 

-------------
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best

Posted By: Jerryfromkerry
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 7:53am
Good move

-------------
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 7:54am
Yeah good move alright can't see him ever getting in the city team tbh CryCry.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 8:05am
good to hear he is back
Our best lb if he can get back fully fit

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 8:09am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I dont think it really matters if he ever becomes a first team regular at Man City tbh , he is a young chap who seems to have a good head & not afraid to jump down a division to get first team football which is great to see!!

Ive no doubt that a fit & in form Greg Cunningham will be a big asset for Ireland , an if he has to leave City he can become a first team regular with another club in the EPL....

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: fairsickoftrap
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 8:14am
great stuff hopefully our left back in euros nxt summer

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 8:19am
G'wan Greg! Top bloke and potentially a fine defender also. Thumbs Up

Posted By: BrenC
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

G'wan Greg! Top bloke and potentially a fine defender also. Thumbs Up
Couldn't agree more - starting left back for World Cup campagin I'm hoping!

-------------
Team Emmet

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 11:55am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

and this surprises you?

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: jb37
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 2:16pm
great news.

Posted By: Weecounty
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 12:30pm

Great move, Greg looks a good bet for the future. At least now he can fight for a slot in the squad if not the team.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 11:30am
Staying at Forest until the end of the season: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2011/December/Greg-stays-on-at-Forest - http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2011/December/Greg-stays-on-at-Forest
Thought he might have some chance of getting into the City team. Despite having Kolorov, Clichy, Lescott and Bridge in the squad, there's still no recognised starting left full there.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 11:38am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Staying at Forest until the end of the season: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2011/December/Greg-stays-on-at-Forest - http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2011/December/Greg-stays-on-at-Forest
Thought he might have some chance of getting into the City team. Despite having Kolorov, Clichy, Lescott and Bridge in the squad, there's still no recognised starting left full there.

What pair are you wearing?

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 12:37pm
I think we all tend to wear green goggles from time to time :)

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 2:00pm
=There is no way he is good enough for City let alone an EPL side (yet).

I watched him at Leicester and he was LB and got caught out of position a lot as he liked to get forward all the time.
A full year at this level will do him the world of good. Still a very young player with a promising future. Not sure LB is his best position though.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I watched him at Leicester and he was LB and got caught out of position a lot as he liked to get forward all the time.
A full year at this level will do him the world of good. Still a very young player with a promising future. Not sure LB is his best position though.

agreed....

he could easily do a Coleman on it and be converted into a winger imo

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 2:42pm

Was a striker at underage level and signed for City as a striker but they somehow City transferred him into a left back.

He 11/2 to be in the Euros squad, if he has a good second half to the season i wouldnt rule it out as we Know Trap really likes this guy.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 3:24pm

100%. Not giving rise to a debate but the 4 aforementioned are long established PL players and 4 of the best in the division. Not to mention their spending power if they see it necessary to buy in January. 

There'll be very very few youngsters breaking through at City for the forseeable future, and to do so you'd have to be some superstar. I dont think Cunningham is that superstar, certainly not at LB. Id need to see him in a few more games to give a fair assessment which the player deserves but in what I have seen him he strikes me as being very naive positionally and is not fully comfortable with the role, yet anyway. The game time will be great for him. Ludicrous though to think he'd have a chance of polishing Mancini's shoes for the time being.

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 3:23am
Good deal for him - next step he needs to take then is a permanent move away from City in the summer. Maybe to one of next season's promoted clubs or something if he's lucky.

As others have already pointed out, realistically speaking he hasn't a hope of breaking into City's side.

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

What pair are you wearing?
The pair that says that City don't have a settled left full this season, despite having the four players listed in the original post. 

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 7:29am

Championship level is perfect for him right now. Practically no chance of breaking into Man City's side. Expect him to move on in the summer so a good stint injury free in the championship could open up some options

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net