You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:33pm
another few weeks down the line

Glad to say i picked up some sponsorship from county cork through a YBIGGer so that was a good way to end the month. anyone else out there with a company get in touch. some big english, Welsh and Ireland events on my schedule over the next 10 weeks

was in Zurich last weekend after my 2 week break.   played very well and didnt have to get out of 3rd gear in the early stages V some swiss , Italian and Austrian opposition. I had a decent run and was eventually knocked out by a dutch geezer in theworlds top 40. went 1-0 and got bet 2 sets to 1.   was tough to take but it is what it is. 17th place and picked up ranking points. its a woeful city for expenses. 45 euro for a 9 minute taxi journey . safe to say i kept the expenses down by smuggling in swiss beer from lidl.

missed out at one of the biggest comps of the year last weekend the England open as i was back in ireland at a wedding.

no real damage done as some exceptional players contested the finals .

back on the practice board this week. won the london indivdual dart league premier division title last night in Victoria. played well and smashed up some good players including a PDC challenge tour player who i whitewashed 7-0. Into the Semi finals of the Cup and the Semi Finals of the Grand Finals so the treble is still on the cards.
will throw a few more times this week and take thursday night off

off to austria(vienna) on friday for the Austrian Open. I hope to have a good run down to the finals stages as an absoloute minimum. I am seeded number 2 there and the number 1 seed is the lad who knocked me out of the Swiss open. So i have a bone to pick with him. as we are 1 and 2 seeds we cannot meet until the final.., hopefully all goes to plan and i can get to the final and inflict the revenge for Switzerland will tip into charlie Ps for a what i hope will be a celebratory pint saturday evening

Up to 91st now in the 2017 BDO World Rankings so still going the right direction anyway

Over and Out

Edited by daboi89 - 20 Jun 2017 at 1:36pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:37pm
Good stuff daboi Clap best of luck in Vienna Thumbs Up
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Good stuff daboi Clap best of luck in Vienna Thumbs Up

+1

Give those upside down living, shrimp barbying , Holden driving, Koala lovers what for!
@AntrimMan85
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:58pm
Clap
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 2:29pm
Revenge for Skibbereen Boi!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 2:46am
been a while since i updated this

anyway austria was a bit of a disaster   thought i would do fairly well and ended up getting knocked out in the last 16 to a croation soft tip player who went to the semi finals. didnt really play well so have no complaints

had the bdo invitational open and welsh classic at the start of July and i had 2 first round exits to dutch players.   wasnt a great draw and i managed to get a f**kin pre lim game both days

2 more weeks passed and mid july was the wolverhampton classic and open.

day 1 saw me exit at the last 128 stage to world number 5 ross the boss montgomery . lost 4-3. played very well but he did also. had the throw aty 3-3 and it wasnt ment to be

the next day i got to the last 64 and lost to kyle mckinstry from the north. who went 60 60 60 60 60 60 60 57 and missed double 12 for a 9 darter in our game. i was bet 4-0. he should qualify for the lake side this year and could be a huge EW price to do well.

on the domestic front i wrapped up 4 london titles in July. Central section and Southern London section.

there was a big day last sunday for qualification spots for the Winmau World Masters and World Championships available.

first up was the Regional World masters qualifiers and i got to the last 8 and was knocked out. it was hard to take as 4 qualified for the regional qualifiers but it wasnt ment to be

fast forward 3 hours and prob my biggest result so far in London. I ended up turning a screw and played the best couple of hours of darts for the year. In the end I won the London World Championship Qualifier and now go to the final Qualifying day in bridlington Spa on September 28th for a chance to qualify for the World Championships in January.

home next weekend for an Irish tournament, then off to Belgium 2nd weekend of August, then Sweden the 3rd week and finishing the month in France for the French Open. 3 days later its a trip to Georgia via Milan (maybe 2 days in Armenia also) for the WC qualifier

so plenty to keep busy until September 28th

Thats all for now

Edited by daboi89 - 27 Jul 2017 at 5:28am
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 1:21am
been a while since I updated this

Swedish Open in July finished 33rd.. another awful draw seen me meet a seed in round 3 and lost 4 -3 after missing 2 match darts

has been fairly quiet since
went to the world championship qualifiers and got as far as round 2. ended up playing alan soutar who was at the lakeside in 2015. a very very good player and my doubles deserted me

went to the final PDC CT event in September and made the 1/4 finals.. knocked out some seasoned pros on the day and though I could have won it in the end but was happy with the prize money for 1/4 finals

been quiet since until the weekend just gone. Finished 9th at the Latvian open and the ranking points see me now ranked 107th in the world in the BDO and the no 1 BDO player from the republic of Ireland.

heading home this weekend for the Northern Irish Open in Newry on Saturday

Off top Budapest next weekend for the Hungarian Open and Masters

Following week was the jersey open and classic, all paid for but f**k it I cant miss the play off so im off to Denmark.. home from Copenhagen the sunday and off to malta for the malta open on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. will have to watch the 2nd leg of the playoff in malta

from malta its a flight to Vienna on the Friday and a train to Prague for the Czech open on the Saturday. already 500 plus entries in this one

maybe then Bologna for the Italian Grand Masters the following Saturday

busy 5 weeks coming uo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 8:53am
Fair play Daboi and all the best for the upcoming tournaments

Without being too nosey, do ya make a living out of it?
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 9:21am
Good man Daboi
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 9:57am
Thumbs Up

Are there any routes to the Lakeside for this coming year still open to you ?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 9:58am
Good man Daboi. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 10:31am
Fair play, best of luck Thumbs Up
Some people just deserve a slap
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

This man doesn't need to make a living out of darts.  He has his fingers stuck in several pies Clap

UK Taxman does not know he exists Clap
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 1:34pm
Great stuff, very interesting following the updates here and your twitter account of the tournaments. Thumbs Up
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 4:34am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Nope. but with all the small money paid on advance flights I normally recover the cost of the flights back. sometimes flights and hotels.

the PDC event was a free weekend and some money left over as the prizemoney is so much better than the BDO

so to answer ur Q.. No.. but nobody in the BDO is making a living off it with the exception or 1 or 2
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 3:59am
good weekend just past

Just back from Budapest at the weekend there and it was a double header and i made the money both days. Made the 1/4 finals on the Saturday and made the last 16 on Sunday beating a couple of players who have been to the lakeside in recent years so cant really complain

just ran out of steam as the day went on.. picked up a few hundred euros in Hungary and the price of the flight was won in Latvia and picked up 22 ranking points which isnt a bad return atall.

up to 81st in the BDO rankings now,my highest position to date. was a double header this weekend in Jersey and was ment to be flying this evening but its a quick trip to copenhagen saturday which is taking priority..

Malta next tuesday for 3 days chill out in the sun and the malta open and then to vienna this day week and the train to prague for the czech open on saturday.. back to work for 4 days then off to bologna this day fortnight for the final event of the year the Italian grand Masters

All going well and ranking points in each comp id hope to finish the year close to the 60 in the BDO world ranking which id prob have taken after my first stint on the tour considering all the comps ive missed

Edited by daboi89 - 10 Nov 2017 at 4:03am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 10:12am
Fair play for the updates and the progress, hopefully we see you at the Lakeside yourself soon.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 10:25am
Fair play to ya !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155>
  Share Topic