You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andy Reid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 53>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:09pm
I'd love to see Andy getting himself fit and playing against Holland. On form, he'd make it into our squad easily. Based on his form last year, I'd have him start but may be too much to ask.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

I'd love to see Andy getting himself fit and playing against Holland. On form, he'd make it into our squad easily. Based on his form last year, I'd have him start but may be too much to ask.

The only thing he is starting on is hollandaise sauceLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 5:05pm

Jesus Christ, Shouldnt be anywhere near the squad IMO, one of my favourite Irish players a few years back but he's had enough chances.
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:31pm
Personally would love to see Andy fit and playing well again. If he can get that right for his club there's no reason why he can't get back into the squad
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 12:07am
I'm as big a fan of Andy Reid as anyone ever was and he hasn't got anywhere near the number of caps his talent deserved but you have to admit at this stage that there is absolutely no chance of his being in our Euros squad any more than there is of Stephen Ireland or Mark Noble featuring.
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The only thing he is starting on is hollandaise sauceLOL

Maybe I'm being too nostalgic but if her got himself back after Xmas and waskey in Forest's promotion bid, would you not have him there?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 9:07pm
Anyone know what the story is with Reid these days?

He was on SSN about 2/3 weeks ago but didn't catch what he was saying.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Was he eating a Big Mac ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 9:47pm
Looked more like a schziznegubben.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 9:53pm

Looked more like a schziznegubben.

I think 15 is his limit
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 10:02pm
May well never play agaim, he'll be 34 in a few months and he hasn't played/trained in over a year. It's a pity, he'd been Forests main player for 3-4 years prior to the injury.
We're decent enough..
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 11:03pm

Hes currently first team coach at Forest!

He done his groin in the end of 2014, needed surgery. Was expected back the end of the season but had another setback.

Was due back the start of this season, but again had another setback once he got training again.

Had another op just before Christmas there again on his groin. Still in rehab on that. Aiming to be back playing next season, but AFAIK his contract expires in June. So where he goes from there is anyones guess.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 9:06am
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 9:42am
one of the biggest regrets of the 00's was we never got to witness the Reid and Reid centre midfield partnership.
Before traps first qualifier against Georgia, this is what everyone expected. But he went with Whelan instead (who did well and scored) then Andy had his incident and Steven got injured against Monty.
Could have been something beautiful!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 10:06am
LOI an option for him in a player manager role maybe ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 10:09am
Retired today. Great player. Shame about the injuries and the Trap fall out. He had some very good games for us early on in his career. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 10:14am
Cracking goal against Cyprus in the old Lansdowne.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 10:32am
Was great to see him line out for the last time for us against Kazakhstan. Was cruelly robbed of about 40 caps in his prime.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 53>
  Share Topic