You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 51>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 2:52pm
Sounds like he accidentally fell onto a couple of fists repeatedly
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

boots and frying pans....
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 2:55pm
"Chowderrrrrrrrrrrr"
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 4:34pm

He fell down the stairs Your Honour.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 6:20pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

That's true Sham. And he allegedly got absolutely battered by the 3 lads for pointing the gun at them. Heard some funny stories from a ybigger who was there

Shouting he was the 'Ra according to the papers. Delighted to hear he got battered

Defo Justice so LOL LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 7:39pm
All pubs can now open on Good Friday.
Fair enough, it was a bit silly all them being closed.
As a former barman I obviously looked forward to the day off.
But I can’t believe that the bar staff will now not automatically get another day off, or 1 extra day added on to their holidays etc.
I’d be well pis*ed off.
Can’t imagine too many other employers getting away with something like that.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 7:42pm
it's another days pay for the drunkards apprentices  fck them
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 7:48pm
Its not a bank holiday and plenty of people already work that day without any premium etc. Welcome to the real world Barkeeps.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

But I can’t believe that the bar staff will now not automatically get another day off, or 1 extra day added on to their holidays etc.
I’d be well pis*ed off.

Don't worry they will pay you for your days work.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I’d be well pis*ed off.

In most bars it doesn't work that way.
Full time Bar staff are usually on a weekly rota.

Whoever normally had Friday off as part of their weekly rota had the bad fortune not to get another day in lieu of good Friday. All the other staff who normally worked on Fridays, got the day off as a bonus. 
This is now gone and they wont get paid for something that they had been getting for free.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 10:42pm
I wonder will companies start to stay open now rather than make staff keep one days holidays aside for a day that most people would prefer to work than be forced to take a day.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I wonder will companies start to stay open now rather than make staff keep one days holidays aside for a day that most people would prefer to work than be forced to take a day.

Two choices.
1) Everyone made go to the early house at 9am and then booze through to 530pm with a one hour break allowed at lunch time.
2) go to work for the day.
El Puto Amo
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I’d be well pis*ed off.

In most bars it doesn't work that way.
Full time Bar staff are usually on a weekly rota.

Whoever normally had Friday off as part of their weekly rota had the bad fortune not to get another day in lieu of good Friday. All the other staff who normally worked on Fridays, got the day off as a bonus. 
This is now gone and they wont get paid for something that they had been getting for free.

That makes no odds, if you work you get paid for your hours. It's not a labour camp.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Tis going to be another Paddys Day/Arthurs Day/New Years Eve/Stephens night, isn't it ?
From a day of total abstinence, it will debut straight into the top 4 for the 'twice a year on the lash' brigade. 

Arthurs day never really took off outside Dublin anyway, that's before Diageo did away with it, but I'm going to predict a huge success for Good Friday here, if the 12 pubs of Christmas and being surrounded by amateur drinkers are your thing, yer going to love this. 

It will be such a success that the calls for returning it to a day of abstinence will begin the Monday after it. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 11:57pm
Yup reckon it will be Paddy's day mk 2.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 1:36am
It's great they got rid of it. Was just an inconvenience and stupid for tourists over for the easter weekend and turning up at bars wondering why the feck aren't they opening.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 10:28am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Two choices.
1) Everyone made go to the early house at 9am and then booze through to 530pm with a one hour break allowed at lunch time.
2) go to work for the day.

Remember complaining in the end of year survey that 20 days holidays was too little. The next year we were given 2 extra days, but had to keep them aside from Good Friday and Christmas Eve, sneaky b*stards LOL

Option 1 is an excellent solution.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Tis going to be another Paddys Day/Arthurs Day/New Years Eve/Stephens night, isn't it ?
From a day of total abstinence, it will debut straight into the top 4 for the 'twice a year on the lash' brigade. 

Arthurs day never really took off outside Dublin anyway, that's before Diageo did away with it, but I'm going to predict a huge success for Good Friday here, if the 12 pubs of Christmas and being surrounded by amateur drinkers are your thing, yer going to love this. 

It will be such a success that the calls for returning it to a day of abstinence will begin the Monday after it. 

and it begins...

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/the-first-ever-good-friday-pub-crawl-tickets-42525951265?aff=efbeventtix
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 51>
  Share Topic