Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=12254
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 12:29pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dublin Pubs
Posted By: richie_os
Subject: Dublin Pubs
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 3:41pm
For those of us who unfortunatley cant go to the game, where are the top places in dublin to watch the match? me and the lads were thinking of heading to the living room on cathal brugha street.. nice big screens all over!

-------------
(San Marino) I think i'd settle for the draw.

Replies:
Posted By: bossofthemoss
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 3:53pm

i like the living room, will occasionally go there before the home games but it's an eastern european pub, and with russia playing make sure to check the times of their games that they don't clash.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 4:18pm
Why cant you go to the game if you can watch it in a pub around the corner from the ground.  There are more tickets on sale. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by NeilMcD NeilMcD wrote:

Why cant you go to the game if you can watch it in a pub around the corner from the ground.  There are more tickets on sale. 

Unfortunatley being 19 in a recession means money for match tickets is non existant. So sober night in the pub will have to do

-------------

Posted By: Carmody 10
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 4:45pm
The Players Lounge is a great spot with
a great atmosphere.

-------------
Out of order

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 4:48pm
what time should we be heading in at if we actually want to get in? im assuming the pubs will be packed from fairly early on in the day

-------------

Posted By: GARY_BREEN
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 5:42pm
I'd go Woolshed if i wasnt going! Was there for Cyprus away match, was jampacked and a Quality atmosphere!!!

-------------
#FinnanWithTheAssist

Posted By: walsheman
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 5:47pm
back oasis fire,horse running tomorrow!!!will get ya money for a ticket!!!

-------------
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by walsheman walsheman wrote:

back oasis fire,horse running tomorrow!!!will get ya money for a ticket!!!

ashkazar in the last in cheltenham and garde champetre in the 3.00

Double=Match TicketClap

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 02 May 2017 at 10:31pm
There's a pub I always pass on the bus on the way home near The Big Tree called the Auld Triangle. Hunger strikers memorial on the facade but apart from any anti/pro IRA replies, good spot for a pint? 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:08am
Full of headers and bogeys. Wouldn't venture in there myself!

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:29am
If you wouldn't venture in there, how do you know it's full of 'headers and bogeys'?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:34am
Been in loads of pubs that are deemed dodgy and full of 'bogeys'. Never had a problem and usually the scoops are top notch in sh*tholes

Posted By: tony grealish
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:26am
Mate of mine is from Dorset street and I have ventured into the triangle with him a few times. Nothing to worry about Muff, it's a grand spot and the pints are great.Thumbs Up

-------------
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:51am
Auld Triangle is fine. Been there a couple of times. Sure they're well used to culchies and strangers with Croke Park around the corner.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:53am
The Auld Triangle is a fine pub. I drank in there a few times when I lived in that part of town. Nothing wrong with it, and a decent pint too.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:55am
The Findlater on Dorset street is a grand pub with a good crowd of regulars. Even met Hoskins in there one night. How he got past security i'll never know!

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:47am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

There's a pub I always pass on the bus on the way home near The Big Tree called the Auld Triangle. Hunger strikers memorial on the facade but apart from any anti/pro IRA replies, good spot for a pint? 

Muff grow a set and venture in ,what's the worst that could happen?

Is there any really big kip/dodgy pubs in around the city centre ?

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:47am
The only pubs that are dodgey are the ones with drunk aggressive teenagers, as they are more likely to kick off that elder folks.

The dodgier the boozer the more chance of bumping in to some 'characters'.

If you behave yourself and keep yourself to yourself, you'll have no trouble whatever boozer you decide to scoop in.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:52am

I've been in it a few times. It's grand.

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The only pubs that are dodgey are the ones with drunk aggressive teenagers, as they are more likely to kick off that elder folks.

The dodgier the boozer the more chance of bumping in to some 'characters'.

If you behave yourself and keep yourself to yourself, you'll have no trouble whatever boozer you decide to scoop in.

I would have a similar take on it.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:37pm
There is only one pub I know of that I wouldn't venture into Morrissey's on Cork Street, But if I did I'd say I'd find the usual dipso oul lads propping up the bar that would talk to anything. 

It's probably only dodgy at certain times when certain individuals are in with the lads

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

There is only one pub I know of that I wouldn't venture into Matthews on Cork Street, But if I did I'd say I'd find the usual dipso oul lads propping up the bar that would talk to anything. 

It's probably only dodgy at certain times when certain individuals are in with the lads
Are you confusing that with Morrissey's on Cork Street? I went in there to watch the Charity Shield in 2007 as the moth was in the Coombe just after having our first child.

An absolute sh*thole. Full of families of the biggest scrotes you could imagine to meet. Felt really uncomfortable in there. One of those places where everyone knows each other. Some knacker was in selling clothes that I presume he'd just robbed in town. 

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 1:20pm
Was gonna say Morrisey's on Cork St. as well. Taking your life in to your own hands going in there.,

If only you'd taken a left and headed up to Lowe's, Franko. Gem of a pub. Just the right kip/characters/creamy pints ratio.

Although forgot you don't drink Guinness! Seriously, a pint in there will change your outlook on things.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 1:34pm
[QUOTE=Bob Hoskins]There is only one pub I know of that I wouldn't venture into Morrissey's on Cork Street, But if I did I'd say I'd find the usual dipso oul lads propping up the bar that would talk to anything. 

Or Noctors on Sherriff St

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 1:39pm
Noctors is gone now AFAIK

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Muff grow a set and venture in ,what's the worst that could happen?

Is there any really big kip/dodgy pubs in around the city centre ?

Jesus I'm only enquiring about the place LOL

Bit hard to hop in when I'm in a moving vehicle. I'm never really in that part of town but will land in for a scoop if I am sometime. 

About 99% of my locals in Dublin are sh*tholes but the pints are cheap  LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 4:52pm

There is only one pub I know of that I wouldn't venture into Morrissey's on Cork Street, But if I did I'd say I'd find the usual dipso oul lads propping up the bar that would talk to anything. 

Went in for a piss once on the way home but didn't land into the bar. Very close to dolphins barn and never had an iota of hassle anytime day or night I went through it. 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

There is only one pub I know of that I wouldn't venture into Matthews on Cork Street, But if I did I'd say I'd find the usual dipso oul lads propping up the bar that would talk to anything. 

Are you confusing that with Morrissey's on Cork Street? I went in there to watch the Charity Shield in 2007 as the moth was in the Coombe just after having our first child.

An absolute sh*thole. Full of families of the biggest scrotes you could imagine to meet. Felt really uncomfortable in there. One of those places where everyone knows each other. Some knacker was in selling clothes that I presume he'd just robbed in town. 

LOL

Are you Jimmy Rabbitte? 

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 5:56pm
I lived for a year on Cork Street, just around the corner from Morriseys, when I was 21. I used to watch matches in it all the time, especially but not exclusively the early kick off ones. I remember the Ronaldo goal against Fulham in 2007 when he ran half the pitch and scored the winner in the 88th minute, the place went mental. Good times.

I never had the slightest bit of bother. Now, I am a United fan, and so were most of the clientele (when United matches were on), so there was no hassle. I didn't watch United v Liverpool games in there, mind.

Still, the people were decent enough and I never felt threatened.

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 5:58pm
Is the 'Confession Box' still going? I used to enjoy the craic in there, used to be a few characters and decent stout.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 6:21pm

LOL

Are you Jimmy Rabbitte? 
Nah, they kick you out of the hospital for a couple of hours. Quiet time for mothers and babies.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 6:27pm
Heard Roddy and Steve Collins have bought the Corduff Inn.
Paying all the local yahoo's to do basic labouring etc

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Is the 'Confession Box' still going? I used to enjoy the craic in there, used to be a few characters and decent stout.

Yeh, it's still there. Been a while since I was in it but they have sessions upstairs. It was quiet enough the couple of times I was in there. It might get some of the Sackville Lounge crowd which closed down recently.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:39pm

Yeah was in there around Christmas. A real local inner city spot

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:40pm

LOL

Are you Jimmy Rabbitte? 
Nah, they kick you out of the hospital for a couple of hours. Quiet time for mothers and babies.

I'm sure you put up a huge protest with pints and footie on the box waiting for ya LOL

-------------

Posted By: Hickster74
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:45pm

The Confession Box is still going alright. Sort of place where you can get chatting to anyone. Great for a stop after one of the quieter Dubs games, you'd love the crowd for that PM!

MacNeills on Capel st. is a great spot for interesting characters. Met a few gaeilgeoir poets last time.

Not many places I wouldn't go but Sunset House is one (think its changed names after the shooting..). There was one under Harold's Cross bridge I never liked the look of, not sure if its still there. And one on a corner at the back of James' gate.

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

The Confession Box is still going alright. Sort of place where you can get chatting to anyone. Great for a stop after one of the quieter Dubs games, you'd love the crowd for that PM!

MacNeills on Capel st. is a great spot for interesting characters. Met a few gaeilgeoir poets last time.

Not many places I wouldn't go but Sunset House is one (think its changed names after the shooting..). There was one under Harold's Cross bridge I never liked the look of, not sure if its still there. And one on a corner at the back of James' gate.

Harold House? 

That's a nice spot and pints are very cheap. Real locals place but not a bit rough. 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:54pm
Id say he means the other side. It's MVP now,hipster spot I think. Years ago it was a right kip,McKenna's maybe,can't remember

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Id say he means the other side. It's MVP now,hipster spot I think. Years ago it was a right kip,McKenna's maybe,can't remember

That's the one I think, was well dodgy looking.

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:08pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

That's the one I think, was well dodgy looking.

My mate  lived very close to there but yah it's some crustie place now for arseholes that like paying 6 quid for some craft beer piss. 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:25pm
Think it was the Glimerman back in the day

-------------

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:26pm

If you wouldn't venture in there, how do you know it's full of 'headers and bogeys'?

The only time I drank in that pub, one of the locals was selling disability car parking stickers and bus passes. I drove by the place every day for years on way home from work and the smoking area (Gardiner St side) used to have the same bogey looking heads every day. Looks like the kind of place you would put an order in with a shoplifter to stroke clothes and toys for the kids for Christmas!

Might be grand on match day or if there was a concert on but even at that, I wouldn't go near it!

Now it is probably 3 years since I've been near it so perhaps it's a lovely establishment now with Tapas on a Thursday and Jazz music on Monday nights!

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

The only time I drank in that pub, one of the locals was selling disability car parking stickers and bus passes. I drove by the place every day for years on way home from work and the smoking area (Gardiner St side) used to have the same bogey looking heads every day. Looks like the kind of place you would put an order in with a shoplifter to stroke clothes and toys for the kids for Christmas!

Might be grand on match day or if there was a concert on but even at that, I wouldn't go near it!

Now it is probably 3 years since I've been near it so perhaps it's a lovely establishment now with Tapas on a Thursday and Jazz music on Monday nights!

I'm from the area. Apparently it went under a change of ownership and whoever was previously barred are now the regulars LOL my old man drinks there occasionally and i'd know a few of the people in there but it wouldn't really be my kind of a spot, if as much because i'd be far younger than most of the clientele as any other reason. Havent really heard of any more trouble from it than the other local pubs though tbh

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:35pm

Not to mention Weight Watchers on Tuesday's and the Legion Of Mary on Wednesday's

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:36pm

Give me the former to the latter, cheap clothes and a few pints.ClapClapClap There are enough places doing jazz and tapas, you need proper pubs with a bit of edge.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:54pm

That will probably all change when the new Luas line brings in a different crowd to the area.Is Marlborough St still very ran down ?

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:57pm
These are the boozers you want to be drinking in.

Instead of some bar full of lads with short trousers, shoes, no socks, fake glasses, heavy beards, who are vegans and drinking craft beers and who have all decided to become homosexual for spring because it's in the in thing to do.

Playing pokemon with their poxy man bags.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:03pm

Instead of some bar full of lads with short trousers, shoes, no socks, fake glasses, heavy beards, who are vegans and drinking craft beers and who have all decided to become homosexual for spring because it's in the in thing to do.

ClapClapClap

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:04pm
auld man boozer with good pints and a bookie within 100 yards is all thats needed Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:05pm

ClapLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:13pm

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:27pm

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:29pm
PM did ye hear about this

https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/cruise/c714/majestic-fjordland" rel="nofollow - https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/cruise/c714/majestic-fjordland

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

PM did ye hear about this

https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/cruise/c714/majestic-fjordland" rel="nofollow - https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/cruise/c714/majestic-fjordland
Funnily enough I would really fancy a cruise along Norway's coastline, Norway could I ever afjord it though.

That is a great idea though, can we just put them all on boats? Is the boat powered by their farts or their smugness? And, biggest question of all, who can they feel superior too if they are all vegan?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:46pm

The best ten word of this thread. 100% spot on Clap

Any gobsh*te that warns you about areas/pubs/people etc etc to avoid is someone that has never lived/drank or known anything about it/them.

-------------

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:00am

Think that's Harkins your on about! Great pub and a brilliant pint! Everyone 100%

Posted By: ccfcmurphy
Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:20am
Went to the Capel early bar on paddies weekend , Man behind the bar was pissed and all the toilets were smashed. Having to knock to get in was new to me but I enjoyed the spot  Thumbs Up

-------------
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard

Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:48am

Harold House? 

That's a nice spot and pints are very cheap. Real locals place but not a bit rough. 

Is that under a bridge? Nope

those ones are across the road and closed. 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:33pm

Clap 
Rossie's spot on too

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:04pm

Harold House? 

Is that under a bridge? Nope

those ones are across the road and closed. 
One of them pubs is still open,MVP it's called

-------------

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:19pm
The Dubs supporters bar on Parnell Street was a great spot

Some junkie tried to sell me a ham then a bag of coke haha

Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

How much?LOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:49pm

Is that the name of it? Never heard of it.

Who carries around a ham anyway LOL

Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Is that the name of it? Never heard of it.

You used to always get them in a pub I worked at in London, it means they have just robbed Tesco. My fella was great, used to come in and ask me what I wanted first.

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:05pm

Don't Sunderland have Darron Gibson

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

No, you can cure a ham

Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 6:18pm

Great spot - some junkie was selling books another persil and some other lad clothes. 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

No, you can cure a ham

LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 7:54pm
http://www.dublinpeople.com/news/northsideeast/articles/2017/05/04/4139501-video-jets-nightclub-at-the-boot-inn-swords-1987/" rel="nofollow - http://www.dublinpeople.com/news/northsideeast/articles/2017/05/04/4139501-video-jets-nightclub-at-the-boot-inn-swords-1987/

Any YBiG mullets in this ?

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 7:57pm
I think this thread has been done before.

The Chancery on the Quays is some spot if you're looking for a Saturday morning rollover session with all the performer enhancers to keep you going close at hand .
Also the Inn on the Liffey was a rough gay bar but I don't know if that's still going.

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

The Chancery on the Quays is some spot if you're looking for a Saturday morning rollover session with all the performer enhancers to keep you going close at hand .
Also the Inn on the Liffey was a rough gay bar but I don't know if that's still going.

Think so or wasnt there a early house thread that was similar.

The Chancery still open early ?

Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 8:07pm
The fluter good in ballybough great pint but rough as a hedgehogs hole

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 8:13pm

The fluter good in ballybough great pint but rough as a hedgehogs hole

A name for a pub

Date Posted: 05 May 2017 at 12:48am
The Blue Light on the Three Rock. Great pints always. I always end up looking down and thinking what our city should be.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 05 May 2017 at 12:39pm

Yes on both counts. You could have a very interesting Saturday morning in The Chancery if the right people were in there.

The White Horse was the same but it's sadly now a Starbucks

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 05 May 2017 at 12:52pm

Yes on both counts. You could have a very interesting Saturday morning in The Chancery if the right people were in there.

The White Horse was the same but it's sadly now a Starbucks

used to pass by it on my way to work, saw it was a starbucks last time I passed,pity was a decent spot for a bit of craic.

Date Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:09pm
White horse was a mad spot. Very open drug use on the premises and nobody gave a sh*te. Had some mad sessions in there.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:50pm
Shame to hear the White Horse is closed, I had a couple of very unusual 'plough on through the hangover' type mornings in there. It was only the third time I was in it that I actually knew what it was!LOL Came across it when strolling around and decided to have a lunchtime pint, was full of characters then too, most of whom gave the impression they were being paid for having a pint.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:00pm
Having a few scoops in the Auld Triangle.
Barman has his hands full in here anyway

Lovely pint and it's only 4.10

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:31pm
Good man. Has it lived up to exectations.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

He's gone across the road .... He is in the Matter in bits

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

He's gone across the road .... He is in the Matter in bits
It's the Mater..... not that it matters too much.

Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 10:32am

Within 30 minutes of me going in he kicked out two steameds auld fellas. One was apparently bothering women earlier on and ranted to the barman "Excuse me for being Irish"

Wtf has that got to do with anything?

Another fella came in looking for a pint and the barman wouldn't serve him as he said he was falling all over the place last night and your man goes "But I'm alright now"

Grand spot. Just an auld mans pisshead local but not rough. I'd say the H Block mural would put off the Ian O'Dohertys off this world from going in.

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 10:55am
What's a good bar in the city centre to start a Dublin based stag party. The stag doesn't want anything crazy.

Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What's a good bar in the city centre to start a Dublin based stag party. The stag doesn't want anything crazy.
Few decent pubs along Dorset street if you want to just start the day and a nice easy walk into the centre then

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:06pm
Dawson Lounge, get in early and have the pub to yourself!

Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:43pm
Murrays on O'Connell Street. Good beer garden and sport on the TV and plenty of space.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Dawson Lounge, get in early and have the pub to yourself!

Great spot

Didn't think given the size of it if they would take stags/hens mind. They wouldn't be long spotting lads arriving in twos stumbling down the stairs

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 1:44pm

Within 30 minutes of me going in he kicked out two steameds auld fellas. One was apparently bothering women earlier on and ranted to the barman "Excuse me for being Irish"

Wtf has that got to do with anything?

Another fella came in looking for a pint and the barman wouldn't serve him as he said he was falling all over the place last night and your man goes "But I'm alright now"

Grand spot. Just an auld mans pisshead local but not rough. I'd say the H Block mural would put off the Ian O'Dohertys off this world from going in.
Ive refused a few Irish fellas over here and that's been their excuse..Musta thought I was from NordielandLOL

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 11:48am
http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/health/probe-into-salmonella-link-following-death-of-mother-after-first-communion-meal-35749350.html" rel="nofollow - http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/health/probe-into-salmonella-link-following-death-of-mother-after-first-communion-meal-35749350.html

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 11:49am

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/health/probe-into-salmonella-link-following-death-of-mother-after-first-communion-meal-35749350.html" rel="nofollow - http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/health/probe-into-salmonella-link-following-death-of-mother-after-first-communion-meal-35749350.html

Did you hear the name of the pub ?

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 3:53pm

O Dwyers bar & grill in Skerries aka the Golf links

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 3:59pm

No such bar in Skerries. 

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

No such bar in Skerries. 

"A popular Dublin restaurant has been temporarily closed and an investigation launched into an outbreak of food poisoning due to salmonella in Dublin.

The kitchen of O'Dwyers Bar & Grill - also known as the Golf Links - on Strand Road in Skerries was served with a closure order on Friday.

The kitchen is operated by Flanreil Food Services Ltd, which is the company that has been served with the closure order.

The investigation is ongoing and the source and cause of the outbreak has not yet been identified"

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 4:04pm

No such bar in Skerries. 

"A popular Dublin restaurant has been temporarily closed and an investigation launched into an outbreak of food poisoning due to salmonella in Dublin.

The kitchen of O'Dwyers Bar & Grill - also known as the Golf Links - on Strand Road in Skerries was served with a closure order on Friday.

The kitchen is operated by Flanreil Food Services Ltd, which is the company that has been served with the closure order.

The investigation is ongoing and the source and cause of the outbreak has not yet been identified"

Can also confirm there is no Strand road in Skerries either.

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 4:15pm

No such bar in Skerries. 

Can also confirm there is no Strand road in Skerries either.

article has been changed. It's the golf links in Portmarnock

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 4:15pm
Fake news !!!!

Posted By: da_launchpad
Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:11am
Alternative facts!!!!

-------------
If in doubt just f**k it out!!! Stop the nonsense as Johnny Giles would say

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net