You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 51>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Getting the bus down on Sunday for the All Ireland. Land down at 11.30. Where would I get a couple eary pints at? Hill 16 on Gardiner Street?

You know Tyrone didn't make the final, right???!!!

Must be another one of these tickets that get dished out around the country to local GAA clubs for a neutral GAA supporter to go and watch and deprive a supporter from the counties in the final from getting a chance to see their team in the final

Hate the system not the fan. 

It's a joke. Tickets going to clubs around the world.

I used to feel the same about this(On the face of it it has a "football family" feel about it) but 20 years being involved in the UK has changed my opinion slightly on this. I used to come home for most championship games but this became a lot less frequent when they clashed with having to tog out in Ruislip or Greenford at the same time or latterly trying to get a team out to play. The GAA is, in theory, the most democratic of organisations with all members being valued so people see the gesture of tickets going to clubs abroad as a recognition by the GAA that your contribution is valued and respected (even though nobody gets involved to get access to tickets) i.e. These are our 2 biggest days of the year and you, as a member, can be there to celebrate them. In reality, the number of tickets involved is small: At a guess, I'd say the number of tickets given to England, Scotland and Wales is around 100-150 in total.
Full disclosure, I have got a ticket through my club a few times - Would not have got one otherwise. Generally with our club, the tickets go to people from the competing counties.
Before moving to the UK I used to go to all championship matches and some league games but because I wasn't a member of the club in my home town (Played on the school GAA team but played other sports outside of school), I'd always struggle to try and find a ticket for any finals that Dublin got into. The GAA need to do a better job of rewarding fans who follow their county teams all year as there are some who don't get tickets to finals. 

Anyways, back on to the main focus of this thread - Looking forward to having a few pints of the black stuff in Dublin's finest establishments on Sunday. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 3:52pm

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Getting the bus down on Sunday for the All Ireland. Land down at 11.30. Where would I get a couple eary pints at? Hill 16 on Gardiner Street?

Must be another one of these tickets that get dished out around the country to local GAA clubs for a neutral GAA supporter to go and watch and deprive a supporter from the counties in the final from getting a chance to see their team in the final

Hate the system not the fan. 

It's a joke. Tickets going to clubs around the world.

I used to feel the same about this(On the face of it it has a "football family" feel about it) but 20 years being involved in the UK has changed my opinion slightly on this. I used to come home for most championship games but this became a lot less frequent when they clashed with having to tog out in Ruislip or Greenford at the same time or latterly trying to get a team out to play. The GAA is, in theory, the most democratic of organisations with all members being valued so people see the gesture of tickets going to clubs abroad as a recognition by the GAA that your contribution is valued and respected (even though nobody gets involved to get access to tickets) i.e. These are our 2 biggest days of the year and you, as a member, can be there to celebrate them. In reality, the number of tickets involved is small: At a guess, I'd say the number of tickets given to England, Scotland and Wales is around 100-150 in total.
Full disclosure, I have got a ticket through my club a few times - Would not have got one otherwise. Generally with our club, the tickets go to people from the competing counties.
Before moving to the UK I used to go to all championship matches and some league games but because I wasn't a member of the club in my home town (Played on the school GAA team but played other sports outside of school), I'd always struggle to try and find a ticket for any finals that Dublin got into. The GAA need to do a better job of rewarding fans who follow their county teams all year as there are some who don't get tickets to finals. 

Anyways, back on to the main focus of this thread - Looking forward to having a few pints of the black stuff in Dublin's est establishments on Sunday. 
#GAA.ie Your tickets are waiting for you......is a promo ad broadcast on media. They omitted the line...."except for the final where you are not getting a ticket because we can fill the ground with true gaels, but thanks for buying tickets for all the other games, ya saps". 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 3:59pm
Enjoying a pint of cream in Bowes. One of the best spots in the city 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

If the bus leaves you on the quays and you're looking for something different try Inn On The Liffey 

Was at a few mad dance gigs there in the early/mid 00’s. Defo had a bit of a “anything goes” sort of set up. 

You must've had a serious amount of yolks, it's a gay sauna LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Had a couple in Peters Pub last night, fine drop. 
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 8:36pm
Clubs are the lifeblood of the GAA, a carlow  or Leitrim U16 trainer who probably has no chance of seeing his/her county in an all Ireland should and deserves a chance to attend the national showpiece event 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 9:24pm

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

If the bus leaves you on the quays and you're looking for something different try Inn On The Liffey 

Was at a few mad dance gigs there in the early/mid 00’s. Defo had a bit of a “anything goes” sort of set up. 

You must've had a serious amount of yolks, it's a gay sauna LOL

LOL No comment on the yokes but it was converted from a bar to a guesthouse. There used to be a pub downstairs and a small function room on the first floor
El Puto Amo
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 9:27pm

Got myself 2 tickets through the club myselfBig smile great system Clap
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 9:25am
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

Clubs are the lifeblood of the GAA, a carlow  or Leitrim U16 trainer who probably has no chance of seeing his/her county in an all Ireland should and deserves a chance to attend the national showpiece event 

I have zero issues with tickets going to clubs around the country or the UK. It's tickets going to clubs in the middle east etc that bothers me. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 9:27am

I have zero issues with tickets going to clubs around the country or the UK. It's tickets going to clubs in the middle east etc that bothers me. 

Do they actually get any ?? I genuinely don't know hence the question.
It can't be many if they do. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 9:32am

I've been told they do. But then again have never met anyone from any of those clubs to confirm.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 9:35am

I've been told they do. But then again have never met anyone from any of those clubs to confirm.

Have a friend involved in the KL club, must ask him out of interest. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 9:46am
Be interesting to know if it is true. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 9:48am

One of my favourite boozers. Guinness is exceptional Clap
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 9:51am

Be interesting to know if it is true. 

Ad on IG just showed for me for Los San Patricios GAA Club in Mexico City raffling off 2 tickets for Sunday!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Ticks all the boxes for me for a Dublin pub. 

Great Guinness 
Lack of dickheads
Great transport links to it. (Handy for everyone to get home from)
Great name

Was there in June and have a great night of pints and a catch up with my mate since I was 8.  

Bohs 👏👏👏
Bowes 👏👏👏👏
AKA pedantic kunt
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 10:07am

This is a no brainer. Cleary's under bridge on Amien Street. Smashing guinness, glorious old school boozer and won't be jam packed
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Ticks all the boxes for me for a Dublin pub. 

Great Guinness 
Lack of dickheads
Great transport links to it. (Handy for everyone to get home from)
Great name

Was there in June and have a great night of pints and a catch up with my mate since I was 8.  

Bohs 👏👏👏
Bowes 👏👏👏👏

On Friday's they used to dish out free chicken nuggets and chips to customers as well. Don't think they do that anymore
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 51>
  Share Topic