You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 51>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:08pm
Went into that Silver Penny the Witherspons spot out of curiosity.
sh*t pints. sh*t service. Strange layout and atmosphere. Wont be back. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Slatterys or the Boars Head, both in Capel St about 20 minute walk to Croker.
40 minute walk at best!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

40 minute walk at best!
20 minutes easy - Parnell Street, left at Gardiner Street, right at Mountjoy Sqaure, down Nth Great Charles Street, left down Emmet Street, and youre at Gills Pub. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Getting the bus down on Sunday for the All Ireland. Land down at 11.30. Where would I get a couple eary pints at? Hill 16 on Gardiner Street?
Lloyds on Amiens Street. Walk from Busaras towards Connolly station, turn left and its a couple of hundred metres up on the left
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:47pm

40 minute walk at best!
20 minutes easy - Parnell Street, left at Gardiner Street, right at Mountjoy Sqaure, down Nth Great Charles Street, left down Emmet Street, and youre at Gills Pub. 

25 mins to Gills and 28 mins to the Hogan and 33 mins to Cusack.  

Edited by Baldrick - 26 Jul 2023 at 10:48pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

40 minute walk at best!

25 mins to Gills and 33 mins to Croke Park. 
I've done that walk hundreds of times and it takes me about 20 minutes...I'd go up Mary Street, cut through the Ilac into Parnell St, saves a bit of time. Gills pub to Croke Park is 3 minutes at most...going to the Hill or Cusack, just continue on Parnell Street into Summerhill over the bridge into Ballybough

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 26 Jul 2023 at 10:56pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:57pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

40 minute walk at best!

25 mins to Gills and 33 mins to Croke Park. 
I've done that walk hundreds of times and it takes me about 20 minutes...I'd go up Mary Street, cut through the Ilac into Parnell St, saves a bit of time. Gills pub to Croke Park is 3 minutes at most...
I see Baldy edited his initial post, but you’re fairly spot on. I suspect Baldy is using Google Maps for his times which is always just a ballpark really. Some people will be less, some more, and some bang on the nose. Ive used Google maps abroad and the walking time has never been accurate for me.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 3:23am

Getting the bus down on Sunday for the All Ireland. Land down at 11.30. Where would I get a couple eary pints at? Hill 16 on Gardiner Street?

If the bus leaves you on the quays and you're looking for something different try Inn On The Liffey 
It would damage this forums' reputation
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 7:33am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

If the bus leaves you on the quays and you're looking for something different try Inn On The Liffey 

Was at a few mad dance gigs there in the early/mid 00’s. Defo had a bit of a “anything goes” sort of set up. 

El Puto Amo
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 9:35am

40 minute walk at best!

Ah but at that part of town you'll be running from all the teenagers trying to beat you up.
The dark side.. And the light
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 10:54am

Generally the 12:30 opening rule goes out the window on AI final day. The Hill 16 isn't what it used to be unfortunately. Used to be great craic there with singing in the bar. The Red Parrott is back open and hasn't been that packed after the last couple of full houses in Croker.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 10:55am
Started off in McGrattan's yesterday for the womens match. Moved on the Lombard (first time ever there) before half a dozen pints in the Palace before heading back to the local. Dublin pubs Hug

Edited by sausy - 27 Jul 2023 at 10:56am
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 11:47am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Originally posted by The Ham The Ham wrote:

Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Originally posted by The Ham The Ham wrote:

Guinness is perhaps one of the most homogenised products in the world. Add that to the fact that there is countless "Quality Control" vans on the road and Diageo literally pay pubs to ensure their taps are maintained, it beggars belief that people still think there are good/bad pints nowadays. 

Give a follow on insta if you have it to ‘sh*tlondonguinness’ and you’ll soon find what you’ve said there is complete sh*te. Gibneys in Malahide is also a great example of a well know pub that serves atrocious Guinness.

Most of the pubs on sh*t London guinness do it purposely for attention. It's free advertising, people literally follow that blogger around London trying their guinness just to get their own photos up on insta. Guinness is a mass produced product, do we really think a multi million euro company wants their product tasting 'bad'. Yes pubs treat it like sh*te, same way they might make a sh*te sandwich. Overall 95% of it tastes the same, plus its served too cold, which kills the taste so what's the point. 

That’s the truth! In the 90s, many places had an uncooled tap which tasted much nicer, but was slower to settle. 

In the 2000s, pubs realised that the colder the Guinness, the quicker it settles. So it was put out as cold as a lager to get bigger turnover at the bar. 

It’s not at all as nice. 

Lived in north of England for few years in 80s. Drank in a pub with a Guinness pump that fired out a pint in two 8 second bursts by hitting a switch. Took about 10 minutes to settle and was a sh*t brown colour. Tried one once out of curiosity, could only manage one sip, nearly threw up over the barman. Yet a lot of the locals drank it regularly.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 11:53am

You know Tyrone didn't make the final, right???!!!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Must be another one of these tickets that get dished out around the country to local GAA clubs for a neutral GAA supporter to go and watch and deprive a supporter from the counties in the final from getting a chance to see their team in the final

Edited by t_rAndy - 27 Jul 2023 at 11:59am
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Must be another one of these tickets that get dished out around the country to local GAA clubs for a neutral GAA supporter to go and watch and deprive a supporter from the counties in the final from getting a chance to see their team in the final

Hate the system not the fan. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Hate the system not the fan. 

It's a joke. Tickets going to clubs around the world.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 1:07pm

It's an odd system but at least they're fairly transparent about it, be a GAA member, help out in your club, and you're likely to get a ticket.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 51>
  Share Topic