You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 51>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 9:44pm
When I seen posts in here I expected them to be about one thing so I'm disappointed...

But sure I guess I get to post the news that the Donaghmede "Dusty Bin" Inn is going to be reopening!!! 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 12:07pm
Any Craft Beer lovers out there!!!

Just seen that Underdog has reopened in a new location down by Four Courts (Legal Eagle) !!!

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 12:49pm
I'm all for aul man pubs but Mulligans is the most overrated pub in Dublin.  The front left of the pub is half decent but the right half of the pub is a big empty room.  The paint was flaking off the walls there last Sat.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 2:58pm
OMG, the paint was flaking. Well I will never ever be back to one of the best pints of Guinness in Dublin again.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

OMG, the paint was flaking. Well I will never ever be back to one of the best pints of Guinness in Dublin again.
ClapClap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 3:08pm

Its only as good as any other pint around.  Totally overrated.

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

You're right and you're wrong. It's a nice pint but it definitely is not as good as people make out.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 5:09pm

To be fair, there's 100's of pubs in Ireland that do a nice pint. Nothing at all between the good pubs.

You only really remember when you get a bad one
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

To be fair, there's 100's of pubs in Ireland that do a nice pint. Nothing at all between the good pubs.

You only really remember when you get a bad one

You will tell 4 people where you had a lovely meal and 20 people where you had a bad one apparently on average 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 10:43am
down in Dublin for a gig next weekend, we're staying just off the South Circular near Clanbrassil St, any recommendations for pubs around there? the gig is in the 3Arena so we'll be making our way through town regardless and I know the spots all along Camden and Aungier St etc. 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 11:46am

I'm all for aul man pubs but Mulligans is the most overrated pub in Dublin.  The front left of the pub is half decent but the right half of the pub is a big empty room.  The paint was flaking off the walls there last Sat.
Been there a few times don't see the hype around the Guinness tbh, they do the thing where they pull around 10 pints leave them sitting there for while then top up the pints when you go to order. O' Donoghues on Baggot St do the same. The Celt on Talbot St has the best Guinness IMO and McNeill's Capel St/ Grogans a close second.

Edited by jamo1 - 04 Nov 2022 at 11:47am
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

down in Dublin for a gig next weekend, we're staying just off the South Circular near Clanbrassil St, any recommendations for pubs around there? the gig is in the 3Arena so we'll be making our way through town regardless and I know the spots all along Camden and Aungier St etc. 

Depends on what you’re looking for.

Fallon’s near Patricks Cathedral used to be a great aul lads pub. It might have become a bit more hipster but I’d say it’s worth a look. It does a good pint. 
Francis St, Meath St and Thomas St have plenty of great boozers. Just ramble around and see what takes your fancy. The Liberty Belle, The Thomas House, The Clock. 
You’ll get a great pizza in Luckys 
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Peader Browns would be a good shout. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 2:24pm
lovely cheers folks Thumbs Up
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 2:31pm
What time does Mulligans stop serving at on Tuesdays ?

Going to a concert in the 3Arena and my bus home from Georges Quay is not til 00.05. Closet pub is Mulligans
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 3:19pm
The Headliner on the corner of South Circular/Clanbrassil St. Make sure to get a kebab in passion4food on Clanbrassil st
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

What time does Mulligans stop serving at on Tuesdays ?

Going to a concert in the 3Arena and my bus home from Georges Quay is not til 00.05. Closet pub is Mulligans

11.30pm I imagine. 

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 5:03pm
Flowing Tide back open and selling Harp on draught...€6.20 a scoop.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 51>
  Share Topic