You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 51>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

The price of pints of stout in Dublin last night shocked me. Something is seriously wrong when a pint of Guinness in my local in London is a euro and fifty cents cheaper than a pint in the city its made in. 

If I wasn't Irish you couldn't pay me to live here. How on earth is everything so expensive? The gall of it.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 9:55am
Yea I paid €6.10 Saturday for a Guinness. Imagine other places be even dearer. Normally down my way In Waterford be €4.50 to €4.75 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 12:27pm
Ballsbridge on matchday usually tacks a bit onto the price
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 8:32pm
€4.80 in the gallops Clap
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 9:21pm
pretty sure if you went to one of the rings end boozers you’d pay a bit less than six euros, short hop to the stadium too.
No Pasaran!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

pretty sure if you went to one of the rings end boozers you’d pay a bit less than six euros, short hop to the stadium too.

€5.20 in the Yacht! The Guinness was average. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 6:06pm

06/09/2022 A new bar, which has opened in Dublin city centre, claims to have the highest number of taps in any bar in Ireland. Ironically named Tapped, the bar opened on Monday, and is home to over 50 taps to choose from, and is at the previous location of Judge Roy Beans and Porterhouse Central. Today's top videos STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 6:40pm
The Standard of Pint across the city has dropped significantly for me recently some absolute dirt being served in spots that you would never expect.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 7:48pm
Name and shame them.

The prices in town for a pint if just off the scale.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Name and shame them.

People need to do this more. Every pint served should be bang-on, moreover pints in the €6+ bracket. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 3:01am
I paid $12.99for a Guinness in Canada that included a tip of $1, this is a bar I was told that does a decent Guinness. It was an ok pint. 

That's €9.75, so please shut up moaning about the price of a pint in Dublin, you lucky bastards are supping regularly on creamy delights I can only dream about Cry.
It would damage this forums' reputation
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 9:33am
€6.30 for a lager in Revels, Rathfarnham Village Thumbs Down
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

The price of pints of stout in Dublin last night shocked me. Something is seriously wrong when a pint of Guinness in my local in London is a euro and fifty cents cheaper than a pint in the city its made in. 

If I wasn't Irish you couldn't pay me to live here. How on earth is everything so expensive? The gall of it.

Surely it depends on how much you were been paid to live here, if the main reason is the price of things. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Ballsbridge on matchday usually tacks a bit onto the price

That is gouging plain and simple - the pubs should named and shamed there is a few that do it 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 10:12am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

OuchNo stop off in Buglers on way home?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 10:43am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

OuchNo stop off in Buglers on way home?

Nope as Buglers still isn't on the way home to Firhouse!
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I paid $12.99for a Guinness in Canada that included a tip of $1, this is a bar I was told that does a decent Guinness. It was an ok pint. 

That's €9.75, so please shut up moaning about the price of a pint in Dublin, you lucky bastards are supping regularly on creamy delights I can only dream about Cry.

If you forget about happy hours etc it was about €16+ for a pint of Guinness in Dubai and about €15 in general for a pint of Heineken. Jager bombs would've put you back over €20 each.

Happy hours some places would be able a tenner a pint.

A lot of people did Brunches which generally speaking would be better value, all you can eat and drink for 3-5 hours depending on the brunch. Some would have been fairly limited on what you could drink though, bottles of beer etc. 

The more expensive brunches were amazing though and worth every penny. If anyone ever goes to Dubai the Brunch in Saffron in the Atlantis hotel is a must. Same hotel will cost you like £800 a night to stay but the Brunch is about €133 and well worth it. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

If you forget about happy hours etc it was about €16+ for a pint of Guinness in Dubai and about €15 in general for a pint of Heineken. Jager bombs would've put you back over €20 each.

Happy hours some places would be able a tenner a pint.

A lot of people did Brunches which generally speaking would be better value, all you can eat and drink for 3-5 hours depending on the brunch. Some would have been fairly limited on what you could drink though, bottles of beer etc. 

The more expensive brunches were amazing though and worth every penny. If anyone ever goes to Dubai the Brunch in Saffron in the Atlantis hotel is a must. Same hotel will cost you like £800 a night to stay but the Brunch is about €133 and well worth it. 

Fukin hell think I will pass 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 51>
  Share Topic