You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 51>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 9:21am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Oh really? Sorry, didn't realise. Anyway, if you're that committed, it makes far more sense to go to Connolly than the airport. That said, the bar may not be open and may be dubious about serving pints to people clearly going to the match. There's a chance the Gardai will have warned them not to serve anyone unless definitely train passengers... and there's a chance they don't even bother opening that early. Getting the train down might be the better option than showing up and buying a ticket you're definitely not going to take.

But a bag of cans is a much better option, tbh.

Is the bar at Connolly not outside the ticket barriers? 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Oh really? Sorry, didn't realise. Anyway, if you're that committed, it makes far more sense to go to Connolly than the airport. That said, the bar may not be open and may be dubious about serving pints to people clearly going to the match. There's a chance the Gardai will have warned them not to serve anyone unless definitely train passengers... and there's a chance they don't even bother opening that early. Getting the train down might be the better option than showing up and buying a ticket you're definitely not going to take.

Is the bar at Connolly not outside the ticket barriers? 

It is but there is/was a option to get early pints there if you had a valid train ticket.
Either way its a waste of time,no need to be buying train/plane tickets,plenty of places to get pints of a Sunday morning especially on AI final day.

*The person who asked originally may be travelling to Connolly anyways so may be handy for them for a few hours.

Edited by rossieman - 23 Aug 2018 at 9:28am
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 9:34am

Rossie, I remain unconvinced. There's been many a Sunday I traipsed around the city centre at 8am/9am with absolutely no chance of a gargle. Perhaps a little later you might get sorted but without inside contacts, I'm not sure if the OP is getting looked after by waltzing up and knocking on a door. Granted I abandoned hope and haven't tried in a few years. 

Edited by MC Hammered - 23 Aug 2018 at 9:38am
El Puto Amo
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 9:58am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Rossie, I remain unconvinced. There's been many a Sunday I traipsed around the city centre at 8am/9am with absolutely no chance of a gargle. Perhaps a little later you might get sorted but without inside contacts, I'm not sure if the OP is getting looked after by waltzing up and knocking on a door. Granted I abandoned hope and haven't tried in a few years. 

I have done it several times most recently about 9:30 of a Sunday morning.Saint Tom mentioned places doing breakfast ,thats always a good start.

I have knocked on doors and hoped for best,there shouldnt be any problem getting a early drink especially Sunday week.

If you get very stuck/too ill to wander around ,hop in a taxi and get them to bring you to a spot.If they dont know of one they're at the wrong game.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 10:30am

What's the issue with this? Forget about trying to decipher the secret knocking code of random pubs - bag of cans and find a nice park somewhere like a normal human being!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 10:33am
The best pints are the secret ones, save the cans for when the pubs actually open.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Is the Auld Triangle an early house on a Sunday?

I'm guessing you are wondering for Sunday week ?

There will be some "Tyrone" pub around the city centre who will cater for the fans coming down early.
Just know the secret knock Thumbs Up

A good strategy, having a few pints early : Numb the pain for the rest of the day !

Sleepy
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The best pints are the secret ones, save the cans for when the pubs actually open.
ClapClapClapNothing nicer than a sneaky pint 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 12:58pm
Places I've had an eye opener on a Sunday in the last year include dame tavern, murrays on O'Connell Street, O'Donoghues and even the temple bar. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Places I've had an eye opener on a Sunday in the last year include dame tavern, murrays on O'Connell Street, O'Donoghues and even the temple bar. 
Define eye opener?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 1:56pm

Define eye opener?

Never had an eye opener Shocked
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:00pm
Joxer Dalys will be open at 9 or earlier
Here we go again
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:43pm

Define eye opener?
thick fcukLOLearly pint ffs
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Define eye opener?

Now now Sham. He's from Tyrone after all these lads have never been the sharpest tools in the box Tongue
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Define eye opener?

Now now Sham. He's from Tyrone after all these lads have never been the sharpest tools in the box Tongue
True. 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 3:19pm
Embarrassed
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 4:06pm
working in a pub in the Dublin suburbs at the moment. 
Every day at 730 we start work in the lounge,and a bloke goes into the bar and helps himself to pints. All kosher. He pulls his own pints and leaves the money behind the bar. Never saw the likes before. Serious issue with the oul gargle
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

working in a pub in the Dublin suburbs at the moment. 
Every day at 730 we start work in the lounge,and a bloke goes into the bar and helps himself to pints. All kosher. He pulls his own pints and leaves the money behind the bar. Never saw the likes before. Serious issue with the oul gargle
Now that’s what I’d call an eye opener
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 51>
  Share Topic