You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 51>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 7:07pm
Plenty of pubs will serve. Any where that opens for a fry will give u one on the sly
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The 10:10 to Poznan is €30, on All Ireland Final Sunday.

Hell, any flight works, even one at 5pm. The boarding pass scanning gates will still let you in.

Afraid they won't, it's time limited and if you're too early you'll be turned back, not sure what the time limit is 

Edited by nvidic - 22 Aug 2018 at 7:13pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 7:35pm
Oh really? Sorry, didn't realise. Anyway, if you're that committed, it makes far more sense to go to Connolly than the airport. That said, the bar may not be open and may be dubious about serving pints to people clearly going to the match. There's a chance the Gardai will have warned them not to serve anyone unless definitely train passengers... and there's a chance they don't even bother opening that early. Getting the train down might be the better option than showing up and buying a ticket you're definitely not going to take.

But a bag of cans is a much better option, tbh.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 7:48pm

The 10:10 to Poznan is €30, on All Ireland Final Sunday.

Hell, any flight works, even one at 5pm. The boarding pass scanning gates will still let you in.
What happens when you want to leave the airside of  the airport when you don’t take your flight? 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 8:09pm
Simple. Just "miss" the flight and they'll let you out.

Or is the landside bar open 24/7?
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 8:24pm
Maples House Hotel serve you if you are staying?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 10:18pm

Definitely not. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 5:59am

I have had to leave airside in Dublin before and it was no trouble at all. I then had to queue through security again. It was in the days of having my boarding pass checked by someone rather than scanned so it might not be as easy to get back in, but I’d say it’s easy to leave. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 8:18am
Anyone ever been to the Liquor Rooms?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 8:18am
FFS plenty of places will give you a pint early on a Sunday.Just have to use a bit of savvy.

No need to be buying flights LOL
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 8:22am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Is the Auld Triangle an early house on a Sunday?

I'm guessing you are wondering for Sunday week ?

There will be some "Tyrone" pub around the city centre who will cater for the fans coming down early.
Just know the secret knock Thumbs Up
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 8:25am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Yeap, it’s a cocktail bar mainly. I think the owners wanted it to be upmarket, the decor is fairly plush and it’s pricey, but the crowd is relatively mixed. It isn’t a spot that I’d be mad about although I’ve had to go for birthdays etc a couple of times. It’s much the same as Zozimus, Lemon & Duke or any of those other wanky type places. Usually a few nice wimmin will be floating around though so it’s not all bad 
El Puto Amo
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 8:25am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

There will be some "Tyrone" pub around the city centre who will cater for the fans coming down early.

A good strategy, having a few pints early : Numb the pain for the rest of the day !
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

A good strategy, having a few pints early : Numb the pain for the rest of the day !

LOL
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 8:53am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Yeap, it’s a cocktail bar mainly. I think the owners wanted it to be upmarket, the decor is fairly plush and it’s pricey, but the crowd is relatively mixed. It isn’t a spot that I’d be mad about although I’ve had to go for birthdays etc a couple of times. It’s much the same as Zozimus, Lemon & Duke or any of those other wanky type places. Usually a few nice wimmin will be floating around though so it’s not all bad 

Is it right next to the Clarence Hotel? I've looked on street view and of course there is a bus right in front of were it should be.

How are they with groups it's part of a pub crawl I'm organising via work so there will be about 10/15 people.

when you say mixed you mean you don't have to wear fancy clothes to get in.

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 9:01am

Is it right next to the Clarence Hotel? I've looked on street view and of course there is a bus right in front of were it should be.

How are they with groups it's part of a pub crawl I'm organising via work so there will be about 10/15 people.

If you have to f**k them and go to the next pub... it’s Dublin 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

If you have to f**k them and go to the next pub... it’s Dublin 

"Old man shouts at cloud"
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Plenty of pubs will serve. Any where that opens for a fry will give u one on the sly

The voice of experience Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 51>
  Share Topic