You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chris Hughton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:24pm
He made a huge mistake in going to Forest. But it might well end up being to our benefit and at his age, he might be happy enough with an international job rather than using it as a stepping stone to anything else.
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:26pm
Unless Forest make an unlikely comeback Chris is gonna get the sack with the owners record of getting rid of managers.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:36pm

500 or 600k a year for Ireland with the potential of young players coming through will be attractive for him.

Ireland can't get any worse. A 24 team Euros opens the possibility of this being a very obvious route for Hughton. 

Chris Hughton is no dinosaur. He's a hands on coach.

Wouldn't it be great to have a black manager? He was our first black player and it would be fitting if he was our first black manager with a much more diverse playing pool and fan base.
The timing is perfect all around.

He won't get a PL job now and he'll likely only get a lower half championship side ie QPR or BHam City  type side.

He is an excellent manager and is the stand out option for us.

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:46pm
Aside from a number of other things, can we afford to pay anyone 500k a year? 

B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Kenny is on that now.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Kenny is on that now.

Absolutely nuts that we gave Kenny that much when you think about it. 10k a week or thereabouts for someone we had absolutely no realistic competition for. He must have walked out of that meeting feeling like he'd won the lottery. As bad as any of Delaney's decisions really. 200k would have been loads for him.

Edited by You Tell Me - 15 Sep 2021 at 9:52pm
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Kenny is on that now.

Absolutely nuts that we gave Kenny that much when you think about it. 10k a week or thereabouts for someone we had absolutely no realistic competition for. He must have walked out of that meeting feeling like he'd won the lottery. As bad as any of Delaney's decisions really. 200k would have been loads for him.

Yeah. I said that the time.

Would he have turned down 150k? Doubtful. 

Whats Baraclough on?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:57pm

Kenny is on that now.

Will you ever give it a rest on Kenny without getting getting into petty nonsense on his salary. 

You don't rate him. We get it. Move on. Sleepy
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Kenny is on that now.

Will you ever give it a rest on Kenny without getting getting into petty nonsense on his salary. 

Why, just because you want him kept on nobody should be able to criticise anything about him? He's the national team manager and it's a ludicrous salary, even more so when you consider his 6% win rate in the job. 

I'll move on once he's moved on, whether that's in the next two months or in two years time or whenever.

Edited by You Tell Me - 15 Sep 2021 at 10:03pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:05pm

Kenny is on that now.

Why, just because you want him kept on nobody should be able to criticise anything about him? He's the national team manager and it's a ludicrous salary, even more so when you consider his 6% win rate in the job. 

How do you know if I want him kept on or not and what does that have to do with your constant repetition on your disdain for Kenny. We know you want him out. 

You've made your point. Change the fookin record mate. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:08pm

Kenny is on that now.

How do you know if I want him kept on or not and what does that have to do with your constant repetition on your disdain for Kenny. We know you want him out. 

A fans forum of a side with a manager who has 6.25% win rate (0% in competitive  games) and we are not allowed question his tenure?

Are you from politburo?

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:12pm
Wow, thought it was somewhere between 300 and 400k.

Surely the new board wouldn't offer 500-600k to a new manager given the state of FAI finances? 
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:15pm

Surely the new board wouldn't offer 500-600k to a new manager given the state of FAI finances? 

Well if we off load the current one who is on 500k albeit a bit extra for a pay out we will end paying similar money to get someone with top level experience such as Hughton which will be more than offset with qualification for Germany 2024.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:16pm

Kenny is on that now.

+1 , its tedious at this stage
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:17pm

€540k per year is reportedly the number.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:17pm
If Hughton (or any other potential successor to Kenny) isn't willing to move full time to Ireland, they shouldn't be considered for the job. No more free dinners. The managers remit needs to extend beyond the senior team. They need to be a full time stakeholder in the development of grass roots Irish football too. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

If Hughton (or any other potential successor to Kenny) isn't willing to move full time to Ireland, they shouldn't be considered for the job. No more free dinners. The managers remit needs to extend beyond the senior team. They need to be a full time stakeholder in the development of grass roots Irish football too. 

Total BS

Its not a youth development portfolio 

Our players are almost entirely in Britain!!!
The role of the senior manager is to manage the senior team first and foremost

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Do they though? I'd rather they just put all their focus on the senior team - the development of grass roots Irish football is probably a separate full time role by itself.

There's possibly a role for a technical director type appointment separate to the manager's job to work on the development of the game in Ireland if we could afford it (we probably can't). For all his flaws as senior team manager Stephen Kenny would be a great fit for that kind of position I think. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
  Share Topic