You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryanair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryanair
    Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

What's the craic with Skyscanner? It's not displaying a lot of Ryanair flights same with Google Flights.
They have a dispute going on with a lot of third party sites.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 8:45pm
What's the craic with Skyscanner? It's not displaying a lot of Ryanair flights same with Google Flights.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 8:13am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Absolute coont nailed me at the gate for the mini holdall. Angry

Never ever had to pay for a carry on with Ryanair. 

They must be enforcing it now for non-priority passengers. A few others got hit with the 46 quid charge too. 

It was too big? Or you had more than one. 

If you need a towel or a clean set of jocks wherever you’re going, it’s often better just to buy it there and dump it before you come home. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 5:45am
Absolute coont nailed me at the gate for the mini holdall. Angry

Never ever had to pay for a carry on with Ryanair. 

They must be enforcing it now for non-priority passengers. A few others got hit with the 46 quid charge too. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I’d love to know how many punters travel exclusively with a “personal bag”. It can’t be many. I wasn’t much of a fan of the luggage policy, but this one doesn’t cater to anybody, but a small number.

A backpack tends to fit under the seat in front. If you're travelling alone and only going for three to four days, you can usually get away with it (unless you need a suit or the likes, of course).

Another pair of runners, a few t shirts, jocks and socks, the bag of toiletries and your chargers: you don't tend to need more than that for a few days away, assuming you wear your geansai and jacket on the plane.

And given that there are a number of travellers only going for short breaks, you can definitely get away with it.

I’d agree. But I still feel the moment you go over and above that specific style of traveller and travelling, you get caught. At least when you could bring a “cabin case” with you, it guaranteed that you’d be sorted for at least a week, or distribute luggage allowance.

Ah yeah, agreed. There aren't that many who travel in that way. I suppose there are just a lot more people who *could* travel that way but don't.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

The wheelie bags almost certainly have to go in the hold. It's only something like 12 to 15 each way to check in a bag. 
When you book priority boarding, you get a personal piece of luggage and a normal 10kg on board. No pririty boarding and you just get the personal piece. 

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

ybigger getting hitched?
Mutual mate of mine and TJs getting hitched. Doesnt post on here but he goes most of the games. Met her at Euro 2012. One good result from that trip....
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I’d love to know how many punters travel exclusively with a “personal bag”. It can’t be many. I wasn’t much of a fan of the luggage policy, but this one doesn’t cater to anybody, but a small number.

A backpack tends to fit under the seat in front. If you're travelling alone and only going for three to four days, you can usually get away with it (unless you need a suit or the likes, of course).

Another pair of runners, a few t shirts, jocks and socks, the bag of toiletries and your chargers: you don't tend to need more than that for a few days away, assuming you wear your geansai and jacket on the plane.

And given that there are a number of travellers only going for short breaks, you can definitely get away with it.

I’d agree. But I still feel the moment you go over and above that specific style of traveller and travelling, you get caught. At least when you could bring a “cabin case” with you, it guaranteed that you’d be sorted for at least a week, or distribute luggage allowance.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 5:05pm

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 4:36pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 4:25pm
The wheelie bags almost certainly have to go in the hold. It's only something like 12 to 15 each way to check in a bag. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

ybigger getting hitched?
Hans & Chester I think 
😂
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 4:18pm

ybigger getting hitched?
Hans & Chester I think 
Some people just deserve a slap
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 4:17pm
ybigger getting hitched?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Havent flown with them since the new bag rules.  Going to Poznan for a wedding.  There is an option for priority and 2 carry on bags for 24 euro return. One of the bags allowed is up to 10kg.  Is there a size restriction on this 10kg bag?  Can't see it in the rules.  I have a holdall about 58cm x 33cm x 33cm at full length.  I suppose if I haven't a full bag it will squash to smaller dimensions.  The other piece I have is a suit in a cover and coathanger.

Will I be ok for the 24 euro option or do I need the 40 euro option to have a check in bag?
it actually clearly states in the email they send that the 10kg bag should be similar in size to a standard cabin wheely case yoke. Im bringing a holdall and rucksack.

If youre 5 nights like the rest of us then the €24 is perfect unless youre bringing kitchen sinks with you

Edited by Sham157 - 08 Jul 2019 at 3:42pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 2:16pm
You will need to pay the forty Euro and, as far as I know, they only accept payment via Revolut.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 1:44pm
Havent flown with them since the new bag rules.  Going to Poznan for a wedding.  There is an option for priority and 2 carry on bags for 24 euro return. One of the bags allowed is up to 10kg.  Is there a size restriction on this 10kg bag?  Can't see it in the rules.  I have a holdall about 58cm x 33cm x 33cm at full length.  I suppose if I haven't a full bag it will squash to smaller dimensions.  The other piece I have is a suit in a cover and coathanger.

Will I be ok for the 24 euro option or do I need the 40 euro option to have a check in bag?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Must have happened by now but what happens when you show up with your app and phone dies?

the same thing as if you lost your printed boarding pass.
Fair point
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Must have happened by now but what happens when you show up with your app and phone dies?

the same thing as if you lost your printed boarding pass.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic