Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=53353
Printed Date: 10 May 2024 at 4:58pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ryanair
Posted By: The White Cafu
Subject: Ryanair
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 11:25pm
Lads, I'm after booking flights with Ryanair. Everything went fine and I went on to book a return flight from a different airport. After booking the second flight I then realised Ryanair never sent me my confirmation email or itinerary for the first flight but they did take my money. I have no way of finding out the reservation number and you can't check in without that. Can anyone help me out or does anyone know is there another way to get my reservation number.

Replies:
Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 11:32pm
Wait. The email will come.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Wait. The email will come.

Are you sure SD? I got my email for the second booking in seconds.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 11:47pm
https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview#7-3

Try that. You should be able to check your booking using the date, the departure airport, the arrival airport and your email address.

-------------

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 12:21am
whenever i've bought flights, the flight ref no. is included in the bank statement online as a reference, least with ulster bank anyways. that might help?

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 7:27am
Easy in hindsight but I usually take a photo of the screenshot but easy jet Ryanair are usually on the ball

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 7:38am
You DON'T need your reservation number when checking in.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:12am
Cheers lads, I tried everything but still no luck. Must be something up with the ryanair website because when i hit "Go" after putting in my details nothing happens. was on the live chat for the morning and the exact same thing happened, the second booking's confirmation sent straight away and i didnt receive the email for the first booking straight away. I asked him if i had a typo in my email address from when i made the first booking and he said no he could see the 2 bookings under my email address. Told me to get back to him if i don't receive the email within 2 hours then left the chat.

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:18am
if your booking is confirmed what are you worrying about ?

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:30am
LOL

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:39am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Flight in 2 days, can't check in without booking reference number I tried the other ways and it wont work, need to check in before i leave college this evening as have no printer at home. 

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:44am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Flight in 2 days, can't check in without booking reference number I tried the other ways and it wont work, need to check in before i leave college this evening as have no printer at home. 
Can you not check-in with just your name and email address ?

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: Stretchryan
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:49am
I thought you could check in once you put in the departing and arriving airports and email address used to book the flight?? 

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:50am
Don't think I have ever checked in with a reference number! All you need is email address and passport.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:55am
Been trying that all morning on the laptop, desktop and my mobile, I fill in all my details and then when I hit go nothing happens, must be something up with the site. 

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:57am
They're having a flash sale at the moment so might be having problems with traffic.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 11:07am
If you have a smart phone, download the Ryanair app and check-in using it.

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 11:14am
you dont need the  reference number to check in.

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 11:15am
I just checked in for a flight at the weekend, had no problems at all.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 11:20am
Me too actually.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Cheers lads, I tried everything but still no luck. Must be something up with the ryanair website because when i hit "Go" after putting in my details nothing happens. was on the live chat for the morning and the exact same thing happened, the second booking's confirmation sent straight away and i didnt receive the email for the first booking straight away. I asked him if i had a typo in my email address from when i made the first booking and he said no he could see the 2 bookings under my email address. Told me to get back to him if i don't receive the email within 2 hours then left the chat.

Believe it or not you have to use Chrome.

I've had simialar issues before.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 1:44pm
Got it sorted cheers lads, creates an account and all that and could retrieve it through there. Horsebox, I tried chrome, Firefox. Internet Explorer, everything on every device still have no idea why it wouldn't work the normal way through the website though. Panic over

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 1:52pm
He's checking IN!!!!

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:39pm

If you have a smart phone, download the Ryanair app and check-in using it.
Excellent app and none of that printing sh*te.

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:42pm
Must have happened by now but what happens when you show up with your app and phone dies?

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Must have happened by now but what happens when you show up with your app and phone dies?

the same thing as if you lost your printed boarding pass.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

the same thing as if you lost your printed boarding pass.
Fair point

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 1:44pm
Havent flown with them since the new bag rules.  Going to Poznan for a wedding.  There is an option for priority and 2 carry on bags for 24 euro return. One of the bags allowed is up to 10kg.  Is there a size restriction on this 10kg bag?  Can't see it in the rules.  I have a holdall about 58cm x 33cm x 33cm at full length.  I suppose if I haven't a full bag it will squash to smaller dimensions.  The other piece I have is a suit in a cover and coathanger.

Will I be ok for the 24 euro option or do I need the 40 euro option to have a check in bag?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 2:16pm
You will need to pay the forty Euro and, as far as I know, they only accept payment via Revolut.

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Havent flown with them since the new bag rules.  Going to Poznan for a wedding.  There is an option for priority and 2 carry on bags for 24 euro return. One of the bags allowed is up to 10kg.  Is there a size restriction on this 10kg bag?  Can't see it in the rules.  I have a holdall about 58cm x 33cm x 33cm at full length.  I suppose if I haven't a full bag it will squash to smaller dimensions.  The other piece I have is a suit in a cover and coathanger.

Will I be ok for the 24 euro option or do I need the 40 euro option to have a check in bag?
it actually clearly states in the email they send that the 10kg bag should be similar in size to a standard cabin wheely case yoke. Im bringing a holdall and rucksack.

If youre 5 nights like the rest of us then the €24 is perfect unless youre bringing kitchen sinks with you

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 4:17pm
ybigger getting hitched?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

ybigger getting hitched?
Hans & Chester I think 

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

ybigger getting hitched?
Hans & Chester I think 
😂

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 4:25pm
The wheelie bags almost certainly have to go in the hold. It's only something like 12 to 15 each way to check in a bag. 

-------------

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 4:36pm
I’d love to know how many punters travel exclusively with a “personal bag”. It can’t be many. I wasn’t much of a fan of the luggage policy, but this one doesn’t cater to anybody, but a small number.

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I’d love to know how many punters travel exclusively with a “personal bag”. It can’t be many. I wasn’t much of a fan of the luggage policy, but this one doesn’t cater to anybody, but a small number.

A backpack tends to fit under the seat in front. If you're travelling alone and only going for three to four days, you can usually get away with it (unless you need a suit or the likes, of course).

Another pair of runners, a few t shirts, jocks and socks, the bag of toiletries and your chargers: you don't tend to need more than that for a few days away, assuming you wear your geansai and jacket on the plane.

And given that there are a number of travellers only going for short breaks, you can definitely get away with it.

-------------

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 5:11pm

A backpack tends to fit under the seat in front. If you're travelling alone and only going for three to four days, you can usually get away with it (unless you need a suit or the likes, of course).

Another pair of runners, a few t shirts, jocks and socks, the bag of toiletries and your chargers: you don't tend to need more than that for a few days away, assuming you wear your geansai and jacket on the plane.

And given that there are a number of travellers only going for short breaks, you can definitely get away with it.

I’d agree. But I still feel the moment you go over and above that specific style of traveller and travelling, you get caught. At least when you could bring a “cabin case” with you, it guaranteed that you’d be sorted for at least a week, or distribute luggage allowance.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 6:53pm

The wheelie bags almost certainly have to go in the hold. It's only something like 12 to 15 each way to check in a bag. 
When you book priority boarding, you get a personal piece of luggage and a normal 10kg on board. No pririty boarding and you just get the personal piece. 

ybigger getting hitched?
Mutual mate of mine and TJs getting hitched. Doesnt post on here but he goes most of the games. Met her at Euro 2012. One good result from that trip....

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 10:28pm

I’d agree. But I still feel the moment you go over and above that specific style of traveller and travelling, you get caught. At least when you could bring a “cabin case” with you, it guaranteed that you’d be sorted for at least a week, or distribute luggage allowance.

Ah yeah, agreed. There aren't that many who travel in that way. I suppose there are just a lot more people who *could* travel that way but don't.

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 5:45am
Absolute coont nailed me at the gate for the mini holdall. Angry

Never ever had to pay for a carry on with Ryanair. 

They must be enforcing it now for non-priority passengers. A few others got hit with the 46 quid charge too. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: inlikeflynn
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 8:13am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Absolute coont nailed me at the gate for the mini holdall. Angry

Never ever had to pay for a carry on with Ryanair. 

They must be enforcing it now for non-priority passengers. A few others got hit with the 46 quid charge too. 

It was too big? Or you had more than one. 

If you need a towel or a clean set of jocks wherever you’re going, it’s often better just to buy it there and dump it before you come home. 

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 8:45pm
What's the craic with Skyscanner? It's not displaying a lot of Ryanair flights same with Google Flights.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

What's the craic with Skyscanner? It's not displaying a lot of Ryanair flights same with Google Flights.
They have a dispute going on with a lot of third party sites.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net