You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Formula 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formula 1
    Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 4:30am
Anyone follow this or been to it? would keep the odd eye out on it but nothing major, only just learn they banned refuelling - why?!

Going tomoro anyway and hoping for lotsa of rain and lotsa of (non-lethal) crashes, vettel not to win and to bag me one of them models they have down in the pitlane and maybe steal one of their cars and drive it home, save a bit of time

Anyone able fill be in a bit on what to expect tomoro?!

谢谢大家
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 4:42am
They dont crash at the first corner anymore............gone to the dogs!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 5:48am
Dont understand people following this sport. Just like watching traffic.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 6:22am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Dont understand people following this sport. Just like watching traffic.

yeah id be the same normally but not gonna pass up the opportunity to see it, never gonna go again! open policy on what you can bring in as well... cans will be had, thinking bout hiring a private driver bring us there and back for the princely sum of €60 for four of usLOL
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 6:25am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Anyone follow this or been to it? would keep the odd eye out on it but nothing major, only just learn they banned refuelling - why?!

Going tomoro anyway and hoping for lotsa of rain and lotsa of (non-lethal) crashes, vettel not to win and to bag me one of them models they have down in the pitlane and maybe steal one of their cars and drive it home, save a bit of time

谢谢大家

Refuelling was banned 2 years ago, the theory behind it being it would lead to more on-track overtaking, as opposed to the 'stategy' inspired races of the past 15 years, where nearly all overtaking was done via the pit lane with the likes of Ross Brawn deciding races backed by an army of statisticians instead of the drivers. It has worked to an extent, last year saw more individual winners than any of the recent years, but this was not all down to the ban.
Used to follow it years ago, lost interest when Jordan pulled out midway through the 2000's.

What you can expect tomorrow is Vettel to lead from start to finish, much like his compatriot Mick, whatever rules they have in place wont affect him, he is that bit better than the rest of them to find a way to win anyway.  If it rains, he might even win by more, but Button and Rosberg are superb wet weather men as well, as is Adrian Sutil.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 7:47am
I have the qualifying on now (can't find the remote control), it's the most tedious sport on TV. They should do one lap 10 minutes before the race as the qualifer instead of stretching this crap across the whole weekend.

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 7:54am
horrible game this is
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 8:56am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

谢谢大家

Refuelling was banned 2 years ago, the theory behind it being it would lead to more on-track overtaking, as opposed to the 'stategy' inspired races of the past 15 years, where nearly all overtaking was done via the pit lane with the likes of Ross Brawn deciding races backed by an army of statisticians instead of the drivers. It has worked to an extent, last year saw more individual winners than any of the recent years, but this was not all down to the ban.
Used to follow it years ago, lost interest when Jordan pulled out midway through the 2000's.

What you can expect tomorrow is Vettel to lead from start to finish, much like his compatriot Mick, whatever rules they have in place wont affect him, he is that bit better than the rest of them to find a way to win anyway.  If it rains, he might even win by more, but Button and Rosberg are superb wet weather men as well, as is Adrian Sutil.

nice one deise!! Re-fuelling thing has a bit of sense to it alright but i always used to enjoy watching them mess it up refuelling!! Hope vettel messes up somehow, be it mechanical or otherwise!! 6/7 years this race has run and he's be the first to win it twice..

Just got ticket in hand, theyre belters and way cheaper than the uk one! 12 mini-cans purchased as well - should be a good day if my eardrums dont burst
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 4:49am
Well, twas ansolutely unreal, had a great time, if anyone gets the opportunity to go they should!cant really describe watching 24 cars race by at such high speeds, has to be seen!

Hopped a few fences after the race to and got onto the track, walked around it a bit, got into the pits, chatted to some ferrari mechanics, got to look about hamilton and webbers car, met david coulthard and pretty sure was on bbc sport during his interview, was crazy!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 1:58pm
I see Sky will have a dedicated F1 channel that won't be available on UPC that will show all races, qualfying and practice. BBC have some rights but only for half the races.
So if you have UPC and follow F1 you won't be able to see all the races on your tv
greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I see Sky will have a dedicated F1 channel that won't be available on UPC that will show all races, qualfying and practice. BBC have some rights but only for half the races.
So if you have UPC and follow F1 you won't be able to see all the races on your tv

Setanta Ireland/1 still show the F1 on UPC
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 3:21pm
i like when the redbull car overtakes the vodafone car
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 3:28pm

Sky have being pushing F1 so much lately that I'm sick of it before the season has even begun. Reports everyday on SSN on testing or teams. Before they had the rights I can't remember them ever giving it any time.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
ericdogg View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 3:30pm
Sky sports will murder the sport or whats left of it.
International Caps - 7

International Goals - 1
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 3:35pm
BBCs F1 coverage was the best sports coverage I've ever seen. Their montages induced goosebumps every time. Sky will be pants and predictably lazy. Theyve already nicked the BBCs end of season montage song for their theme song.

One relief is that Sky won't be allowed any where near the in race camera direction.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 07 Mar 2012 at 3:41pm
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 3:37pm
I'm pretty happy to have it in HD again, and 5.1 sound will be quality as well, though I will miss it being on the BBC, they were brill for reports, montages etc

Far happier having it on Sky than back on ITV
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

even for next year? My Understanding is Sky have everything then BBC have a large chunk but only half the races.

Sure I generally only watch the first lap! Was far more into it when Jordon has a team
greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 4:25pm

Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

even for next year? My Understanding is Sky have everything then BBC have a large chunk but only half the races.

Sure I generally only watch the first lap! Was far more into it when Jordon has a team

Dont even watch it myself to be honest but read somewhere recently setanta still have 1 or 2 years left on their contract.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic