You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Footballers - who's Brexit and who's Remain?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 9:39am
Peter Reid- Remain 

Had a go at Shilton on twitter  over his praise for Rees  MoggLOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 10:12am
Matt Doherty - Remain - He holds no responsibilities, so if he could have he could not have possibly left himself responsible for leaving the EU.

Neil Ruddock - EDL Frontman - Pictured coming out of polling booth pie in hand wearing Union Jack trousers, shouting "That better be the last facking Pole I see in my country"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The ghost of Brian Clough- Brexit (Dennis Skinner variety)
Mick McCarthy (possibly same)
I'd be flabbergasted if Big Mick wasn't solid Remain. 
McCarthy's from Yorkshire.

Those twats don't even want to remain in the UK, never mind the EU:

In fact, he's from Barnsley, so he possibly doesn't even want to remain in Yorkshire.

I get the feeling you are a remainer young Terence
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 1:03pm

Some more guesses:

HARD Brexiteers:
Anybody who has ever played for Stoke
Don't think so...

I mean, poor oul Shame-us can't even leave the UK Wink

McLean hates the Brits so of course he voted Leave. Wink
At least the Brits gave him a vote...
But not his grandfather...
How do you figure that out?

A guest of Her Majesty's Prison Service perhaps?

Edited by Territorial - 13 Dec 2018 at 1:13pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 1:11pm
Brexit XI (4-4-2, playing PROPER long ball football)

Peter Shilton
Graham Roberts - Neil Ruddock - Terry Butcher - Stuart Pearce
Dennis Wise - Vinnie Jones - Lee Bowyer - Chris Waddle 
Carsten Jancker (special dispensation for a Saxon) - Mark Hateley

Subs: Steve Bull, Mark Dennis, David Batty, Paul Merson, Danny Mills

Manager: Dave "Harry" Bassett
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 1:11pm
I assume he means local elections, which were limited to property owners in Derry (and the rest of the North) back in the day, and basically no nationalists owned their own houses in Derry.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I assume he means local elections, which were limited to property owners in Derry (and the rest of the North) back in the day, and basically no nationalists owned their own houses in Derry.
Er, the referendum was a national vote. Such votes have carried a one person, one vote franchise throughout the United Kingdom since 1928.

So unless McClean's grandfather was a woman, born before 1907, he won't have been excluded. Wink

P.S. We might have a better idea of Jamesie's view on Brexit if we knew how he voted in the Referenda on the Lisbon Treaty in 2008/9. No, wait...

Edited by Territorial - 13 Dec 2018 at 1:36pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 1:38pm

Manager: Dave "Harry" Bassett
Harry Redknapp was thinking of voting Brexit, until he realised he wouldn't have been able to pick Nico Kranjar, so he's firmly in the Remain camp.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 1:44pm
Declan Rice - undecided
He was remain but after seeing a slideshow by Nigel Farage he’s considering becoming a brexiteer 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 1:55pm

Er, the referendum was a national vote. Such votes have carried a one person, one vote franchise throughout the United Kingdom since 1928.

So unless McClean's grandfather was a woman, born before 1907, he won't have been excluded. Wink

P.S. We might have a better idea of Jamesie's view on Brexit if we knew how he voted in the Referenda on the Lisbon Treaty in 2008/9. No, wait...

Ah, I didn't get the reference to the original 1970s referendum.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Declan Rice - undecided
He was remain but after seeing a slideshow by Nigel Farage he’s considering becoming a brexiteer 
Apparently Farage was prevented from showing it to him in St.George's Park, though. 

(Note the colour of the dragon Wink
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 2:22pm

You were correct, I wasn't referring to any referendum in particular, more to the history of the north of Ireland in general.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 2:30pm
This is most definitely the most pointless thread in the history of this site.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 2:41pm

You were correct, I wasn't referring to any referendum in particular, more to the history of the north of Ireland in general.
Except that in the history of NI "in general", votes for Stormont and Westminster were one person, one vote, with the exception of Stormont's first 8 years, when they used a franchise of single transferable vote (PR) for 8 years before reverting to opov.

Also plebiscites and referenda etc.

Edited by Territorial - 13 Dec 2018 at 2:43pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

This is most definitely the most pointless thread in the history of this site.
We didn't need you to (ahem) point that out, so yours is arguably the most pointless post on the most pointless thread etc etc. Wink

Edited by Territorial - 13 Dec 2018 at 2:46pm
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 2:48pm
If their opinions are the same today as they in this 2009 article, Jimmy Greaves and Ian St John probably are brexiteers.

Michael Stewart (ex Man Utd, N'ttm Forest, Hibs Hearts) who is a pundit these days on Scottish football is very pro-EU.

Btw wasn't the late Derek Dougan a UKIP spokeman ?

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

If their opinions are the same today as they in this 2009 article, Jimmy Greaves and Ian St John probably are brexiteers.

Dunno who the bloke in the middle is...

Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Btw wasn't the late Derek Dougan a UKIP spokeman ?
Indeed - even represented them on 'Question Time'.

Though that was some time after his career as a Trade Unionist (with the PFA). LOL
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:41pm

Peter Shilton
Graham Roberts - Neil Ruddock - Terry Butcher - Stuart Pearce
Dennis Wise - Vinnie Jones - Lee Bowyer - Chris Waddle 
Carsten Jancker (special dispensation for a Saxon) - Mark Hateley
Jancker is NOT a Saxon.
He's from Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, a dirty Northerner.

As a Saxon, I take offence to this Sid, do your research.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic