You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Football Tips & Betting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 11:54am
Was just thinking that if you saw a player struggling with an injury during a game you could lump on his opponent in-play, in the hope that he retires. Thought the bookies would have a rule to prevent that.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 11:57am
No rule against that, you're simply betting on an in running game. No if it is really obvious they might suspend trading for a bit.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was just thinking that if you saw a player struggling with an injury during a game you could lump on his opponent in-play, in the hope that he retires. Thought the bookies would have a rule to prevent that.

Ya, I'd say they would suspend betting while they suss out the situation. It happens a good bit that a player is struggling during tennis matches. I had Halep to beat Keys during Wimbledon, did the bet before the match started. In the final set Keys was playing on one leg and finished out the match barely moving. I didn't check the in running but it must have been suspended for all of that 3rd set or else they just priced Halep at ridiculously short odds.
HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 5:45pm

What happens if you bet on a tennis match in running and then a player retires?

I put money on Ivo Karlovic last night, he had just lost the first set to Taylor Fritz. I backed him just as the second set was starting, he won the second set and then his opponent started getting treatment from the doctor at the start of the third set. Karlovic broke his serve and was 3-1 up in the final set and I cashed out as I feared if the other boy retired the bet could be void?

(the cashout was only £4 less than what I was going to win anyway)

CORAL - If a player retires at any point in the match after the first set has been completed, then bets on the player who retired are losers, whilst bets on the opponent are winners. All set betting bets are void. All other bets will be void unless a result has already been determined.

Sportsbet - In the case of retirements/disqualifications, all bets on completed sets and service games stand.

SBOBET - All bets will be VOID if a match has not been completed due to a player’s retirement or disqualification.

Agree with both of the previous commenters. They'll likely to suspend betting.
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 11:20am
Carlow League Soccer

(Season Opener Tonight)

New Oak (3rd) are 10/11 at home to Hanover Harps 2/1 (2nd) last season, New Oak look very strong this year and have a massive squad. I reckon they're a good price at 10/11 to beat Hanover who are struggling with injuries and lads away on holidays and work. 

Parkville are 4/7 to beat St Pats 2/1 (they're in disarray) who only appointed a new manager last night and have had to scramble a team together to even compete in the Carlow Premier this season which is made up of lads in their mid to late 30's and youths.

St Fiaccs (the club I played for) and now manage since July of this year, finished 8th of 9 teams last season but we're flying it and have brought in some excellent young players. We're playing Parkville in our first game of the season and I'll report back tonight on how Parkville are shaping up to give people the heads up before having a punt on Sunday.

On Sunday we're missing our 2 main centre midfielders (captain is on hols and the other is in Qatar until October working) but we're only going to get stronger as we've 3 or 4 senior footballers coming back next week from gaelic. 

Crettyard at 2/9 who are the current league champions are away to Baltinglass tonight who are priced at a massive 13/2, Cretty supposedly are missing 7 or 8 players due to Gaelic and suspensions.  Baltinglass at 13/5 win and draw which is worth a small bet for the price alone. Cretty will probably still do enough to win but honestly Baltinglass is a rotten place to go and try win!

Edited by Green Devil - 26 Aug 2016 at 11:26am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 12:39pm
New Oak 2/7 to beat St Pats tomorrow is a sure thing.

Parkville at home to Baltinglass are 4/7, both sides have lost their opening 2 matches but Balto are shocking at the back (conceded 11 in 2 games)  and really Parkville should be too good for them.

Unbelievably the team I manage St Fiaccs are 11/1 to beat Crettyard the current league champions! 

We won our first game of the season and have more or less a full strength team minus our left back, now Crettyard are a super outfit and it will take a massive effort for our lads to pull a win out of the bag against them but there's massive value in us as at 11/1, draw is 8/1 and us double chance is 4/1.

Supposedly Cretty are missing a good few players too! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 10:59pm
Newcastle to beat Man City at home on Wednesday in the Carabao cup at 21/10

City will play a young team 
Saw a quote from Pep there he said he won’t be wasting 1% on the carabao cup this year 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 11:13pm

Saw a quote from Pep there he said he won’t be wasting 1% on the carabao cup this year 

Newcastle are a bit shagged themselves though after their midweek exploits vs Milan. Granted today was a stroll but they did lose Barnes to injury. Big CL game coming up next week home to PSG also. I think they'll rotate heavily!
Idah Dream!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 11:25pm
City are in a similar position to Liverpool a few years ago in this competition, they’ve the world club championship in December at the same time as the quarter finals 
That was the time Liverpool had to play a total youth side as their first team were away at the WCC

I think they’ll throw this 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 10:03pm

City are in a similar position to Liverpool a few years ago in this competition, they’ve the world club championship in December at the same time as the quarter finals 
That was the time Liverpool had to play a total youth side as their first team were away at the WCC

I think they’ll throw this 

ClapClapClap

Nice one Baggio. I only backed Newcastle tonight because of your post. Won €50 off a fiver bet with Chelsea, Liverpool & Newcastle treble.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 10:32am

Good man Baggio, was on at 9/5
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 1:16pm
Thumbs UpIn the end they didn't play many youth players, but from Pep's comments before hand and body language after, and the fact that he didn't bring on Haaland when losing, I don't think he's too bothered

max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 7:59pm
Have Afolabi to be top scorer at 25/1 from the start of the season, four players on 13 goals and one on 12 at the moment. Wonder what the bookies will do if it stays the way it is?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Have Afolabi to be top scorer at 25/1 from the start of the season, four players on 13 goals and one on 12 at the moment. Wonder what the bookies will do if it stays the way it is?
1/4 the odds maybe. You’ll be paid on a 6/1
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 8:02pm
If there is three tied you will get €86.67 back for every €10 you had on. €65 if there is 4 tied. €130 if 2 tied Thumbs Up
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 9:18pm
Cheers lads.
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2024 at 1:09pm
Lost a bet builder because of Porto's last minute goal yesterday. Being able to see your profit vs. loss on Paddy Power now really puts into perspective how unlucky I am at betting.

Those BTTS bets are a killer.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2024 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Lost a bet builder because of Porto's last minute goal yesterday. Being able to see your profit vs. loss on Paddy Power now really puts into perspective how unlucky I am at betting.

Those BTTS bets are a killer.

What was your bet?

I lost a bet builder a few weeks ago when Liverpool beat Newcastle at home. 
TAA to have a shot on target beat me. It was the game where Salah missed a penalty and the rebound fell to Trent 6 yards out and he blazed over LOL

They're good for a few quid for a bit of interest in a match 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic